AC Primera BTCC @ Croft - Wednesday Feb 26th 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Really could not understand the instability that occurred after four or five laps, problems in the first race
So glad you mention this Ernie, I was at a loss to why I lost it so many times at Sunny In during the first race - went off so often I pitted to soften the rear (which worked-ish) so I could have some fun in the 2nd race, even then the rears were stone cold the whole race. Never had that in practice off line so wondered if it might have had something to do with the 70% tyre rate, though it might have been some senior-moment thing too :laugh:

Good fun in these last night. Obviously, I'm now seeing the extent and gradient of the learning curve I'm on, but I had a few encouraging passages in there, a few laps of decent mid-pack pace and limited farming excursions. The chaos at the end or Race1 was, well, chaotic, but I actually managed to finish Race 2 without:-
a) the screen fading to black (2 x at Laguna Seca), or
b) trying to drive on 3 wheels with a buckled chassis (Race 1 last night)

Anyway, last night now gives me a 25% completion rate on the 4 races I've tried in AC. Read it and weep. I know I did...read it and wept, that is. :thumbsup:

I lost it so many times at Sunny In during the first race
Barcroft was the corner giving me fits all night. I missed Sunny In mostly because I was using what little straight I had after Barcroft trying to hang on to it, and by the time I got it sorted, who the hell knew what was going to happen. Sunny In was the symptom, Barcroft was the disease.

Thanks John & RD.

Last edited:
In the second race there was contact in the first lap which resulted in last position for me.
I think that might have been one of my screw-ups, sorry Han! :redface:
A question to @Neilski. How did you expierence my (I guess network related) problem at the end of the lap? I had a big freeze when entering the last corner and respawned at the start finish straight. In the replay it looked like I kind of respawned into your car but not making any contact (like it is in the pit lane)
Ahhh, so that's what it was. Baffled the hell out of me.
I saw you vanish at the last corner and had no idea what happened, and then you reappeared just behind me along the main straight; I was then so tentative going into T1 (having stayed on the right partly through caution about hitting you and partly because I was still trying to work out what the heck was going on) that I lost it and left the track like a total noob.

I wasn't really on the pace last night. Not my finest race evening, and sorry to anyone I bumped!

@Medilloni

Setup for this car is so important, spent fair bit of time getting it all working
properly. ( for me )
Tried the supplied setup, driving that requires a lot of concentration, way beyond what I would want to give the car for 50 minutes of racing.
I am not doubting for a moment that it is quick, so much on the edge.
Could drive my setup hard every where, the car would always ultimately understeer, without the problem of then being transferred from understeer to instant oversteer
when off the accelerator.
The font left tyre pressure slowly increases with laps, front right stays about the
same, front left temperatures slowly increase with use and wear, front right tyre temps slowly decrease with wear and laps.
Every lap it gets worse, so as the race progresses the car becomes very unstable under braking.
the cars front tyres take such a hammering on this circuit, I cannot see how you can solve it.

A personal point of view.:geek:

@Medilloni
Setup for this car is so important, spent fair bit of time getting it all working
properly. ( for me )
Tried the supplied setup, driving that requires a lot of concentration, way beyond what I would want to give the car for 50 minutes of racing.
Could drive my setup hard every where, the car would always ultimately understeer, without the problem of then being transferred from understeer to instant oversteer
The font left tyre pressure slowly increases with laps, front right stays about the
same, front left temperatures slowly increase with use and wear, front right tyre temps slowly decrease with wear and laps.
Every lap it gets worse, so as the race progresses the car becomes very unstable under braking.
the cars front tyres take such a hammering on this circuit, I cannot see how you can solve it.

That makes perfect sense Ernie - for the last race at Snetterton I practiced enough to see a big drop off/imbalance, then made adjustments so its 'sweet spot' (for me anyway :laugh:) was half distance, and I had an enjoyable race.... last night's race was a hard 'n valuable lesson:roflmao:

I think that might have been one of my screw-ups, sorry Han! :redface:

Ahhh, so that's what it was. Baffled the hell out of me.
I saw you vanish at the last corner and had no idea what happened, and then you reappeared just behind me along the main straight; I was then so tentative going into T1 (having stayed on the right partly through caution about hitting you and partly because I was still trying to work out what the heck was going on) that I lost it and left the track like a total noob.

I wasn't really on the pace last night. Not my finest race evening, and sorry to anyone I bumped!
No problem, Neil. I think it was me later in the race when you went off track that I gave you not enough space in the fast right. Wasn't sure but I waited anyway for you. These are race incidents that happen because with single screen and helicorsa/crewchief not always correct it is hard to have good awareness in a battle.

@Medilloni

properly. ( for me )

Ernie, did you try the setup provided by John (originally from Enzo)? I found it very good! In practice I managed a complete stint in the 1.24s.

No problem, Neil. I think it was me later in the race when you went off track that I gave you not enough space in the fast right. Wasn't sure but I waited anyway for you. These are race incidents that happen because with single screen and helicorsa/crewchief not always correct it is hard to have good awareness in a battle.
Ah yes, I remember that now; I reckon it was a tough one to call (might just have been bad positioning by me) but thanks for waiting.
If we hadn't had those tussles we'd have beaten Aki for sure :D

No Han, used Reik setup.
Will be interested in seeing it. I assume it is in the setup for Snetterton.
Yes. I tried Reik his setup also but I liked Enzo's better. My bad results in the race were from my own screw ups and some bad luck in battles but the setup was very good thoughout the race (on mediums).

Last edited:
@HF2000

Well as much as it grieves me to say it, quite a bit quicker with Enzo setup, although I did need to transplant my rear setup, dampers plus brake bias to make it work for me, once that was done I was approximately 0.5 sec quicker.

Not sure if that would interoperate into my fastest time but average change was noticeable.

Just checked, managed a 23.2, so yes that translated into my fastest time.
That was mediums with 30 litres of fuel, so there is more to come.

I have discovered that I should put more effort into grip and not be so preoccupied with stability.
Although to be fair to me, front aids stability, so I can see my logic in why i would want to inhibit it.

Funny, if it had not been for the race instability I would not have found all this out.

Thankyou Han and Enzo. :thumbsup: and of course John for initiating it all.

Really good racing tonight, @FridayDriver it was me that got caught, laughed my old head off. Never met a car before at windscreen height, no seeing an accident, just a car at windscreen height..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

@Kek700 Only I can do stuff like that, what can I say? I'm a natural . Hey at least I made you laugh :roflmao:. In all seriousness though I'm sorry for making you spin and lose that much time in the first lap.

Improving lap times does not mean I've improved as a driver. One day I'll stop being a hazard I promise y'all :notworthy:

@FridayDriver

Abdulrahman

It really made me laugh, :roflmao: :roflmao: I worry not one jot about loosing time, I almost enjoy the concequence,
fighting back is far more interesting than time trialling away in some position near the front.
That is the advantage of two 25 Minuit races, always another shot.
If it is done on purpose that just makes me wince a bit.:O_o:
Yours was a 100% accident.:thumbsup:, in the same race I managed to polish off about 5 cars in one go.:redface:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back