AC Primera BTCC @ Croft - Wednesday Feb 26th 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys, I haven't got time for much practice. Should I go for soft or medium tyres?
Hi Han, haven't practiced for this one yet either - Craig put tyres on 70% but I'm guessing mediums will be OK and softs won't last very well, though imo (or in my bad hands :laugh:) the hards aren't much slower and you can hammer it for full distance:)

Last edited:
Sorry for the quit, not in rage. I couldn't drive without making mistakes, going off track and there were just too many cars around me, awful situation.

My nerves just get the best of me when I have people around me, I dropped my laps by almost 2 seconds just because I'm not comfortable racing others.

I keep telling myself to look a second ahead but in the first lap I was just worried about being in the middle. I didn't even realize which corner I was in until I crashed those tyres and yeah.... really sorry about that. I hope that didn't ruin your race/day.

My nerves just get the best of me when I have people around me, I dropped my laps by almost 2 seconds just because I'm not comfortable racing others.

I keep telling myself to look a second ahead but in the first lap I was just worried about being in the middle. I didn't even realize which corner I was in until I crashed those tyres and yeah.... really sorry about that. I hope that didn't ruin your race/day.
Hey Abdul, first of all it's really great to have you with us:) - the skill levels here are massively different and of course, we all started somewhere!

But most of all, "the more you do it, the better you get" is all that matters, and you are getting quicker. It's not a league, having fun is what all these events are about, never concern yourself with lap times or differences between you and others in speed, it will get to a point that's enjoyable for you:thumbsup:

And please don't ever pass me again, Ever:p

It was a great event yesterday. With a very enjoyable car and lots of battles. A big thanks to @Medilloni and @Denis Betty for organizing.

Had a great qually with 3th place and only 0,6s behind Aki. First race I was 2e for a couple of laps with @Erik Axelsson continuously attacking me. At last we had contact in a fast right and I spun. Don't know if it was my fault or Erik's but anyway he waited for me. :thumbsup: But than my concentration was lost and made some more mistakes. Ended 7th. In the second race there was contact in the first lap which resulted in last position for me. Had a lot of battles afterwards with cars going off track and other mistakes ending in 12th.

A bit disappointed that I wasn't able to keep my head cool and have decent and consistent lap times when under pressure and in battles but on the other hand that is more fun than doing fast laps without battles.

Question for @Aksu and other fast guys: do you prefer reverse grid for the first 5 or a complete reverse grid?

As always, it was a great event yesterday and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for organizing @Denis Betty and @Medilloni :thumbsup:

I could improve my PB in quali by .6 and started 5th. Took the gamble and went for the softs in race 1. Was able to make up positions right from the start (was that because of the better traction with soft tyres?) Sadly someone spun in front of me and I could not avoid making contact which resulted in loosing some places. Nevertheless had a great race and could fight back (thanks to @Neilski, nice battles) until I was at P2.

A question to @Neilski. How did you expierence my (I guess network related) problem at the end of the lap? I had a big freeze when entering the last corner and respawned at the start finish straight. In the replay it looked like I kind of respawned into your car but not making any contact (like it is in the pit lane)

@Aksu was far out of reach (as always :) ) and my front tyres were dying pretty quickly. Was on 0 wear (front left, according to Sidekick) for the last few laps and had to lift a bit in the fast righthanders. I guess it was @Fatalist88 who was catching me at the end :thumbsup: Of course P3 was way more than expected and I was very happy about it.

For race 2, out of curiosity I took the mediums. Start was ok and after @hape went off track I found myself in P3 again. As in race 1 @Fatalist88 was around me all the time, pushing and giving me a tough time. Thanks for the good fights btw :thumbsup: This paid off for him at the end when I made an error and spun. Came home in P5 at the end and can't wait until next time we take this fabulous car out (Vallelunga maybe?)

Last edited:
As always, it was a great event yesterday and I had a lot of fun. Thanks for organizing @Denis Betty and @Medilloni :thumbsup:

I could improve my PB in quali by .6 and started 5th. Took the gamble and went for the softs in race 1. Was able to make up positions right from the start (was that because of the better traction with soft tyres?) Sadly someone spun in front of me and I could not avoid making contact which resulted in loosing some places. Nevertheless had a great race and could fight back (thanks to @Neilski, nice battles) until I was at P2.

A question to @Neilski. How did you expierence my (I guess network related) problem at the end of the lap? I had a big freeze when entering the last corner and respawned at the start finish straight. In the replay it looked like I kind of respawned into your car but not making any contact (like it is in the pit lane)

@Aksu was far out of reach (as always :) ) and my front tyres were dying pretty quickly. Was on 0 wear (front left, according to Sidekick) for the last few laps and had to lift a bit in the fast righthanders. I guess it was @Fatalist88 who was catching me at the end :thumbsup: Of course P3 was way more than expected and I was very happy about it.

For race 2, out of curiosity I took the mediums. Start was ok and after @hape went off track I found myself in P3 again. As in race 1 @Fatalist88 was around me all the time, pushing and giving me a tough time. Thanks for the good fights btw :thumbsup: This paid off for him at the end when I made an error and spun. Came home in P5 at the end and can't wait until next time we take this fabulous car out (Vallelunga maybe?)

Hey hey!

Indeed it was a great battle - I don't drive with names on the screen (I should turn them on) so I don't know who I am battling with, but I'm glad you enjoyed it - I very much did!

Thanks for the space and great racing!

Really good racing tonight, @FridayDriver it was me that got caught, laughed my old head off. Never met a car before at windscreen height, no seeing an accident, just a car at windscreen height..:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Really good battles, just got caught in a not very good place with the problem of not daring to lift and some tyres awaiting me. Oh dear..

So sorry everyone for the eventual carnage.:redface:

And especially Stuart for driving onto the racing line, I blame a single screen for that.:rolleyes:

Really could not understand the instability that occurred after four or five laps, problems in the first race, there was too much going on, only had enough time to try and deal with it.
Second race, mainly being stuck between John and Alister, had time to check the car, the right front tyre was really over heating and it’s pressure rising by 3psi compared to the front left, this was causing the instability on fast corners with braking.

Had a really good stable setup, that just disappeared once some laps were completed, that will teach me not to at least do a reasonable number of laps, probably hards would have been a better race tyre.

These cars are a bit of a hooligan car, seems to
bring the racer out in me. Not sure that is such a good thing.

many thanks to @Medilloni and @Denis Betty for organising this event, well done podiums.:thumbsup:

It was a great event yesterday. With a very enjoyable car and lots of battles. A big thanks to @Medilloni and @Denis Betty for organizing.

Had a great qually with 3th place and only 0,6s behind Aki. First race I was 2e for a couple of laps with @Erik Axelsson continuously attacking me. At last we had contact in a fast right and I spun. Don't know if it was my fault or Erik's but anyway he waited for me. :thumbsup: But than my concentration was lost and made some more mistakes. Ended 7th. In the second race there was contact in the first lap which resulted in last position for me. Had a lot of battles afterwards with cars going off track and other mistakes ending in 12th.

A bit disappointed that I wasn't able to keep my head cool and have decent and consistent lap times when under pressure and in battles but on the other hand that is more fun than doing fast laps without battles.

Question for @Aksu and other fast guys: do you prefer reverse grid for the first 5 or a complete reverse grid?
Reverse grid is good thing with these kind of cars. But that top 5 reverse is max! I remember that long time ago we tried top 10 reversed and it caused many unwanted collision when "slower" drivers start on front and have big difference at braking points compared to "faster" drivers example. Top 5 reversed is good option :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.8%