PrestoGP DW12 Test Race Interlagos Wed 5th August

Here's the setup I was using at Interlagos last night, it's modified from Dino's Hungaroring setup.
Starting to get a bit more used to the cars and handling now managed a 1.14.4 so far but still finding it hard to like them, will try be on tonight for another few laps then have some ASR practise.

Attachments

• David Inter Indy 1.svm
    4 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Im still not used to the handling lol only my 2nd try but wasn't as enjoyable as 1st try. More frustration trying to do a normal practise session in preparation for league race, with 1st and 2nd gears my biggest frustration.

I think the racing with ai 1st try seemed to make them good fun cars to drive when myself.

Ok, a recent post has made me think about my past races at interlagos. Doesn't matter whether it's a mini,clio,stock car or formula, I am consistently about 2 seconds slow in sector 2. I have tried every gear everyline and I cannot seem to find that time that I know exists. How about some tips people. I love the track but that sector is a mystery to me. Thanks in advance.

Ok, I didn't see the video until I posted my post.LOl. That helps immensely. With that being said I only get small percentage thread reply notifications I have every level watched and I still don't get them anybody dealing with this?
BTW thanks for the Vid David.:thumbsup:

Shocking performance from me....locked the brakes really bad on the first lap which resulted in a massive pneumatic drill effect in my arms for the remaining 29 minutes! ( I should have pitted in hindsight) Although I don't particularly like the mod, I hoped for a better showing, as I was much more consistent in practice than I normally am. Looking forward to the ASR 92 mod, hopefully I won't be driving that with Miss Daisy onboard with me like today :)

nice race until I spin:rolleyes: and some good battles along the race,mostly we have tested the Dallara,I found more feeling on steer and 1st2nd gear a bit hard to drive, consumption tires in the standard 0% FL at th end:D
my favorite remain F1 92 but are fun also these DW12 like F3.5 at last is nice race together and this cars are all on a good level.

for Dino;) no big differences with Honda engine one thing It seems sweeter in power

For that test race I tweaked a little my setup: +6mm for the ride height (48mm rear and 28mm front), and the resulting feeling was better than before (42mm rear and 22mm front).Also I switched from Chevy to Honda, and the drivability seems a little better.
I spun just one time, could've been avoidable...

My start was like expected: from 4th to 9th in 200 meters.I tried every possibility to launch the car (no rev, mid rev, high rev, low rev + 1st gear...)

I really like to watch Indycar races on TV, and I was looking for a mod on rF2.But feeling in rF2 seems different in a wrong way.It's worth for a club race (oh god I've forgotten what it's like, a club race, free for all...anyway) but not for a PrestoGP league right now.

The racing was good fun as always, I'm pretty sure we could all race with scooters and still have lots of fun so the racing between us is never in question whatever mod we use.

What I will say though is even though the racing was good it still didn't help that I just don't like the DW12 too many things put me off it, not least the horrible 1st and 2nd gears. I also don't think they are suitable for a vast number of tracks that we will race in Presto, as time get's on towards season 15 my thought's are changing to staying with Renault3.5 for another season and seeing how it is when it gets updated with the new tyre model, will obviously give ASR my best shot now and I do like them so far.

Thanks for all who turned up and grats Dino on yet another win, if you keep winning your gonna end up with a ballast penalty or we could just ban you :D

I had a lot of fun, and quite enjoyed the car. Right now, I feel like I could run a whole league with it if we do indeed pick it. (Though I guess that's unlikely, and I can understand that. I like it, but I'll be surprised if it's my 1st choice this time next week)

My long standing habit of doing my starts 100% manually seems especially important in this car. 1st gear isn't in the best place for this, and letting autoclutch handle it just didn't seem to work well. And as a result, I think that's my biggest leap before turn 1 since I first joined Presto. On top of that, 2nd gear is in an awkward place too, and I wish it could be shorter. As that typically meant in sector 2 exiting turns in 2nd gear leaves us below 10krpm, where the engine doesn't really do a whole lot of anything. It's the same for everyone, sure, but it does feel rather underwhelming at the time.

As for Honda vs. Chevrolet, I took a look at the engine torque/power data that was recorded. I didn't get a direct comparison on the same setup done, but I have something. With the Honda I saw a peak HP of 702.03, and with the Chevrolet 717.04. But further down the rev range, the Honda does surpass the Chevrolet, giving a small advantage at turn exits.

olGiuor.png

Power on the left, torque on the right. Only plotted while at 100% throttle. The coloured plot is the Honda engine, the black one the Chevrolet. Notice the Honda is the more productive engine between 9krpm and 11krpm.

Thanks for yesterday and grats to a yet again pro Dino! Starting from 2nd and with one ace practice start, I had high hopes to manage the same clutch-fiddling again but lost out instead lol. Was a fun but weird race haha.

My take on the DW12: too "numb" feel, gears/engine made for ovals and esp. not our kind of tracks, tyres went ridiculously hot and took very long time to cool whenever I tested to push just a couple of corners (I guess what is said in the official description of the car is true about difficulty to cool down tyres once they've become hot - once again a feature for ovals?)

I definitely vote for FR3.5 for at least one more season, esp. since the new tyre model sounds promising to what already is a really solid car-mod in my opinion. I won't be able to attend next week, but my view of the ASR F1 is that it feels far from the elaborated feel of the FR3.5. Maybe the physics models differ. The ASR just gives that "low-resolution" kind of feedback, making it more of a not so serious car better suited for club races.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back