AC Porsche 944 Turbo Cup at Barcelona City Circuit | Friday Dec 29 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

dbx71

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Race Club!
Screenshot_porsche_944t_cup_acu_barcelona-city_21-11-123-9-17-7.jpg

Let's get behind the wheel of some fun-to-drive Porsche 944 Turbo Cup cars and tear through the streets of Barcelona in the late afternoon. Bring on the holiday cheer!

Hope to see you then!

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to https://acsm.racedepartment.com/championship/6c807c67-ac87-448f-81c0-40ae9e1bd362?server=6

using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

Server: Racedepartment Server 7 Password: standard password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.

• 11:00 PDT | 19:00 UTC | 30 minutes - Official Practice
  • 11:30 PDT | 19:30 UTC | 30 minutes - Qualification
  • 12:00 PDT | 20:00 UTC | 30 minutes - RACE
  • Practice server available during the week. Same password.
Event details:
  • Cars
  • Barcelona City ACU
  • Pit stop: NOT Mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 30 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
  • Difficulty: Beginner friendly
Useful Links:
Entry list:

Last edited:
Hi Dominic,

Where do I find the Barcelona City ADU track?
Not sure if I will be able join the race on 29th, but would still like to drive the 944 Turbo. That was the car I dreamed to have in my younger days!

Hey Dai!,
Yeah, the 944 was always one of my favorites as well. That's why when I heard about this mod I couldn't resist.
I was fortunate enough to have one, but it was the poor man's version (non-turbo). I still loved it though and had a hell of a lot of fun with it. I miss that car!

Anyways, about the track: yeah, it's actually a bit tricky to find now. Han did a Wednesday race there a while back, and I really liked the track. It's not so easy to find a good link to it now though. Seems to be buried in YouTube videos or suspicious outside sites.

Maybe @HF2000 can help us locate a legit link to the track?

Thanks Dominic. In case we could no longer get a legit link to Barcelona City track, may I suggest Mugello? I don't believe any of our series here raced on it this year, but it is a really nice track to drive on. It has a good mix of high and mid speed corners and no chicane.

Last edited:
Thanks Dominic. In case we could no longer get a legit link to Barcelona City track, may I suggest Mugello? I don't believe any of our series here raced on it this year, but it is a really nice track to drive on. It has a good mix of high and mid speed corners and no chicane.
Any track without a chicane is already a winner in my book!
Yes, I believe we did a GT3 race (and multi-class) on that one a while back if I'm remembering correctly... That was a good one indeed... Let me see how things go with Barcelona City first.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm assuming we can't share the track ourselves if we can't find it? It might be worth changing track then.
I thought about that but I believe RD policy states that we are not allowed to deep save mods or other content without permission from original creator and/or bypass their website for downloads unless it is available here on RD.
Thought I saw this policy language once but not sure where to find it now.
It would be a shame to switch tracks, I’ve done some testing laps of this combo and it’s really a blast.
Many of us already have the track but I’m sure @HF2000 will get us pointed in the right direction and let us know how we can obtain that track for those that don’t have it already.

I have just done a few laps and it looks like we will need 115+L of fuel and the car only holds 80L so a pit stop for fuel is definitely required.
Thanks for heads up, I missed that. I'm surprised to hear that a pit is needed for a 30 min race. I'll have to adjust the race settings then to open a pit window.

How did the server look when you were in there? was it night time? Or late afternoon?

I thought about that but I believe RD policy states that we are not allowed to deep save mods or other content without permission from original creator and/or bypass their website for downloads unless it is available here on RD.
Thought I saw this policy language once but not sure where to find it now.
It would be a shame to switch tracks, I’ve done some testing laps of this combo and it’s really a blast.
Many of us already have the track but I’m sure @HF2000 will get us pointed in the right direction and let us know how we can obtain that track for those that don’t have it already.
We used this track before and I think we figured out that the track is OK.

Thanks for posting the link to the track Dominic!

This is a super fun track unlike the normal street tracks. It has all the Armco barriers on the right side, pun intended, the inside of turns with plenty of space to the outside if I messed up. The details of the track is incredible. I was doing some slow mo replay to look at my drive and realized I can actually see all the individual blocks of stone that formed the lips of the side walk!

And the 944 is just a blast to drive, very nicely balanced! Still way off pace though, but great fun practicing to improve on lap times.

So wanted to try one of my "beloved" city tracks again and this is what I get:

Barca City error.PNG

That would explain why CM refused to install it, but manual installation did no good either.

Any ideas, guys?

View attachment 716301

That would explain why CM refused to install it, but manual installation did no good either.

Any ideas, guys?
Hi Carsten,
Sorry you’re having trouble with this track installation. Interesting, I didn’t get those issues at all.
Let me make some updates to the files and I’ll reupload it.

View attachment 716301

Any ideas, guys?
ok, I made some updates to the track files to update previews and track map, etc. uploaded to same folder as before, replacing previous version. please try to download and install again.
also, the correct one to select in your track list above would be 'Barcelona City Circuit (2)'.

let me know if that works now. thx!

There was a rather easy solution for the problem:

just use the right (upper) file name. :redface:

Sorry Dominic that you have to deal with stupid people on Christmas :redface:.

it would be swell if I could have the password , please?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.