Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
What an update.

Amazing.

This is car you can just cruise in. And enjoy.

Physics are top notch.

4.0 you can drive on limit so much better now.

I noticed there is bug with singer 3.8 ai.

Some of them just sit in pits and rev. They don't go into gear.

Track was silverstone.

2Last:
DC_bo_singer_38    CMS 0508_122019.png

DC_bo_singer_38    CMS 0505_122019.png

What a fantastic car, and on behalf of VR users everywhere - thanks very much for the sumptuous cockpit.
Not sure if this has been posted before but it's a short interview with Rob Dickinson, explaining the Singer roots and company ethos.

Hi Ben,

Just been driving the 3.8 at Croft. What a machine. Just glorious.

I'm confused about the 4.0. Is that included with the same new download that has the 3.8?

Cheers,

Ben

@Orange4000 The download includes both cars. If properly installed, you'll see the 3.8 as a "step" version of the 4.0 on the GUI. It's not a separately listed car.

*Cool... Sorted it out using Content Manager*

Thanks AlleyViper,

I installed the new download manually and removed the old car 1st.

Is it best to drag the lot onto Content Manager and let it sort them out?

Cheers,

Ben

Last edited:
The tach isn't working in the 4.0, I tried removing then reinstalling through cm, but still no luck. What could be going on?
Please check the OP and a few posts back, it seems like some older versions of csp don't like the vintage_rpm parameters for the tach. If you don't wish to update csp, then try the alternate configs provided on the download page, the archive actually comes with configs for both car folders:
try replacing the ext_config.ini (in bo_singer/extension folder)

http://benobro.org/sub/ext_config_temp_fix.7z

(maybe going to cm>settings>csp>car instruments and disabling "use accurate tachometers" could work too)

Last edited:
Ben O'Bro updated Porsche 911 Singer with a new update entry:

it's on.
4.0 & 3.8 are ready.

3D changelog :
Skins, license plates, all done.
Few mistakes with CSP fixed.
i put the vintage effect on the config file in comments due to people having old version of CSP. Feel free to remove the comments to enjoy it :
[INSTRUMENTS]
RPM_VINTAGE = 1
RPM_VINTAGE_ROUND_TO = 1
RPM_VINTAGE_DELAY = 0
RPM_VINTAGE_SPEED_LAG = 0.6

Arch Physics changelog :
- AI fix for 3.8

- Removed redundant files from cars...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lovely car, chaps. You must be extremely proud.
Minor nitpick from a VR user (and I don't know how hard it would be to fix), but the driver still misses the gear knob when shifting by quite a margin. I'm sure I remember reading that this was on a list of to-dos (or maybe I'm thinking of a different car?) but thought it worth mentioning anyway. Shame Kunos didn't have a way of tethering the hand to the gear knob automatically. Like I said, it's a minor thing really but would just top-and-tail a car like this with its incredible attention to detail. But no biggie if it's a pain in the jewels.
Thanks very much for the car, it's a bloody corker.

The KS driver is a freak of nature and has some really weird proportions, so it's just an issue we all deal with. Don't go and look at the driver closely in any car or you'll suffer. :roflmao:

Lovely car, chaps. You must be extremely proud.
Minor nitpick from a VR user (and I don't know how hard it would be to fix), but the driver still misses the gear knob when shifting by quite a margin. I'm sure I remember reading that this was on a list of to-dos (or maybe I'm thinking of a different car?) but thought it worth mentioning anyway. Shame Kunos didn't have a way of tethering the hand to the gear knob automatically. Like I said, it's a minor thing really but would just top-and-tail a car like this with its incredible attention to detail. But no biggie if it's a pain in the jewels.
Thanks very much for the car, it's a bloody corker.
yeah indeed ^^
basically i noticed too late, that the whole position is wrong.
Steering slightly too low, maybe seat too far back
and if i put a 180cm guy and his legs were giving issues either on pedals (not that i matters much) or steering...At this stage changing any geometry would mean redo some shadow baking, and i didn't want that.
So i scaled down the guy, probably to 170cm or about.
Only to notice he couldn't reach the knob lol
so... so be it :p
i also had issues with the animation of that part for some reason. The export didn't work. I ended up taking the animation from kunos car, i tried many, and one of the DTM worked best. I kept it that way :)

voila the behind the scene full disclosure :p

yeah indeed ^^
basically i noticed too late, that the whole position is wrong.
Steering slightly too low, maybe seat too far back
and if i put a 180cm guy and his legs were giving issues either on pedals (not that i matters much) or steering...At this stage changing any geometry would mean redo some shadow baking, and i didn't want that.
So i scaled down the guy, probably to 170cm or about.
Only to notice he couldn't reach the knob lol
so... so be it :p
i also had issues with the animation of that part for some reason. The export didn't work. I ended up taking the animation from kunos car, i tried many, and one of the DTM worked best. I kept it that way :)

voila the behind the scene full disclosure :p
Ah, cool - that's totally understandable as shifting animations in AC are a pain in the ass. I wish I understood more about them. Sometimes an animation will copy perfectly from one car to another and other times it won't, sometimes switching sides works perfectly and other times it won't, sometimes the various config variables will adjust the animation speed, delay etc and other times it has no effect whatsoever....
They seem to have a mind of their own.

Hi!
I downloaded this mod and tried to install it in game, but when I open the game, I can't find it.

The car is not under the Porsche logo and it's not in any other manafacturer. Please help! :)

Hi!
I downloaded this mod and tried to install it in game, but when I open the game, I can't find it.

The car is not under the Porsche logo and it's not in any other manafacturer. Please help! :)

This logo without pic showed in the menu, but there is nothing in there..

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    905.4 KB · Views: 107
@tinko97 Are you sure you've dropped both bo_singer and bo_singer_38 inside assettocorsa\content\cars (and only there)?
If not, search and delete any other duplicate instances on wrong folders. It's showing fine on my vanilla launcher under Porsche.

Last edited:
This logo without pic showed in the menu, but there is nothing in there..
i'd say show us where your mod is on your HDD to make sure
the mod uses a custom porsche logo, but i don't think that's the issue
here's where it should be (default steam folder)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_singer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_singer_38

1576946925306.png

and meanwhile i'm here, i'll use my own support thread to ask something else :D

how do you set up the indicators on CSP ?
mines are almost constantly flashing it's annoying
1576946837787.png

i'd say show us where your mod is on your HDD to make sure
the mod uses a custom porsche logo, but i don't think that's the issue
here's where it should be (default steam folder)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_singer
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\bo_singer_38

View attachment 339899

and meanwhile i'm here, i'll use my own support thread to ask something else :D

how do you set up the indicators on CSP ?
mines are almost constantly flashing it's annoying
View attachment 339898

Yeah, that's the place where I put it, but just realized that I didn't have enough space on SSD, so it didn't copy as it should :roflmao:

It works now and boy, oh boy it's good!!

Sorry for the bad call and thank you for the help anyhow :')

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.