Porsche 911 Singer

Cars Porsche 911 Singer 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just tried this out.
It's lovely. Looks beautiful and handles amazingly.
Thank you. I'll enjoy this a lot.
I don't know if this has been mentioned as I haven't followed this thread - I'm turning up the engine sound A LOT by comparison to other cars in AC. Maybe it's supposed to be like this. just thought i'd mention it.
And the rear brake lights are funny, the rear braking light seems to be tiny.
Keep up this great work!
A lot of people will enjoy this for a long time :)

I just tried this out.
It's lovely. Looks beautiful and handles amazingly.
Thank you. I'll enjoy this a lot.
I don't know if this has been mentioned as I haven't followed this thread - I'm turning up the engine sound A LOT by comparison to other cars in AC. Maybe it's supposed to be like this. just thought i'd mention it.
And the rear brake lights are funny, the rear braking light seems to be tiny.
Keep up this great work!
A lot of people will enjoy this for a long time :)

Complain to Porsche regarding the brake lights, that is simply how they are. :roflmao:

singer-021-2040.0.jpg

Last edited:
Ben O'Bro updated Porsche 911 Singer with a new update entry:

1.0 pre-release : finale lods, 3.8 & more

3D changelog :
- new 3.8l 300bhp version
plenty of power enough for poor drivers like me!​
- LODs​
- couple more skins - skins for the 3.8 will come with 1.0​
- cars are now under Porsche brand
(logo is from here : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-logo-resize-ui-only.29648/ )
- some dds optimised​
- tyre width to match the physics​
- honestly i...​

Read the rest of this update entry...

For me the rev counter does not work with CSP 0.1.25-preview140 activated and started from CM. Without CSP there's no problem. I Think this started from Version 0.9.
The 3.8 litre seems to be something like a Highlander. It doesn't run as AI competitor.
But, by the way, it's a fantastic mod. Thank you very much.

For me the rev counter does not work with CSP 0.1.25-preview140 activated and started from CM. Without CSP there's no problem. I Think this started from Version 0.9.
The 3.8 litre seems to be something like a Highlander. It doesn't run as AI competitor.
But, by the way, it's a fantastic mod. Thank you very much.
thanks for reporting the mistakes :)
there's a note on the main page about the rev-ometer
it's basically a "vintage effect" on the needle, which is broken in some version of CSP
it is fixed on the last version. But for those who wish to keep an old version, i'll include a ini file without that effect

I really like what you've done...and are doing with this car.
It brings back a lot of fond memories.
My first five years out of school were spent wrenching as a Porsche tech before moving to aviation.
During that time, I drove this vintage quite a lot..
It is still one of my all-time favorites for raw driving pleasure.
The cars are a lot of fun to toss around as long as you understand weight shift.
One of the things you learn really quickly is how much throttle you can apply (yes...you read that right)... prior to turn-in to influence track out.
You never brake in corners with this car...you brake before and simply modulate throttle and steering to pull it through.
Too much and you'll go sailing off the road as a result of pendulum effect...too little and you'll be slow...everywhere.
It still has a few anomalies which I've not seen while driving the factory version but overall it is very good.
You've dialed out the tendency to excessively pitch and the car feels more natural.
It loses traction across the front axle at slightly over a 30 degree steering wheel angle but I'm sure you'll get that sorted.
In this video, I'm deliberately being 'sketchy' with the throttle to purposely upset the car in an attempt to see how well it recovers. It does a fine job and is now on my all-time favorite list.
Thanks again.

It loses traction across the front axle at slightly over a 30 degree steering wheel angle but I'm sure you'll get that sorted.
Simulators boost feedback through the steering quite a bit compared to what you'd feel IRL, because sims are missing a bunch of info that'd otherwise help you to drive, so chances are what you're feeling is the steering torque decreasing as tire grip begins to rise close to max. You can still steer more and get more grip, nor is there anything to sort out necessarily.

I'll check it, however. It's almost certainly the above, though. I can't do anything about that feeling, it's largely in-built according to tire and suspension situation.

Hence why it's a pre-release. I always forget the AI stuff because I don't use it.
Presumed so, it just seemed a little detail migrated from the 4.0 that hadn't the occasion to be tested/noticed prior to final release. That's what this thread is for, anyway.
I'm enjoying the update, car (4.0) is now more forgiving in less-ideal scenarios like braking late into Signes (fast right hander at Paul Ricard), which is more prone to happen racing the AI.

I like a lot the update too.
Both 3.8 and 4.0 cars are fantastics.

Again thanks a lot.
Probably among the most enjoyable assetto corsa mods.

Until now my favorit porsche was the 964 cup from raceroom experience.

I am not sure anymore.
(If we just could have the same sound quality as in raceroom !)

I like a lot the update too.
Both 3.8 and 4.0 cars are fantastics.

Again thanks a lot.
Probably among the most enjoyable assetto corsa mods.

Until now my favorit porsche was the 964 cup from raceroom experience.

I am not sure anymore.
(If we just could have the same sound quality as in raceroom !)
hey thanks :)
ah the sound...
it's a big thing for each mod !!
There's very little (i mean zero) good sample for a proper Singer sound
there's nice porsche sound mod out there, but nothing that matches the Singer properly in my opinion
so for copyright easiness i'll stick to the kunos sound of the 911R, even though it isn't 100% match, it's good enough.
Then if anyone want to change on their own, it's still online compatible, in that sense, everyone is free to do so :)

in other news
we have a new yorker now!

__custom_showroom_1575826319.jpg

No misunderstood.
I like the 911R sound. No problem.
The external sound is really good. The internal sound not as good as the external sound.
The singer rocks!

It is just that raceroom is the best sim regarding sound (except ACC for GT3).

And as the singer is based on a 964, of course the 964 cup from raceroom is a fantastic sounding model.
(Have you ever tried the 964 cup ?)

No misunderstood.
I like the 911R sound. No problem.
The external sound is really good. The internal sound not as good as the external sound.
The singer rocks!

It is just that raceroom is the best sim regarding sound (except ACC for GT3).

And as the singer is based on a 964, of course the 964 cup from raceroom is a fantastic sounding model.
(Have you ever tried the 964 cup ?)
no misunderstanding no worries
i don't own raceroom, besides i barely drive on AC anyways!! I'm too deep in modding i lost my driving time!

I just drove the 3.8 and it's simply amazing, ffb is great, did a couple of laps but it feels great right out of the box. it just needs more skins (are they compatible with the 4.0?)
one of the best cars from Arch's physics

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea