Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
This sound mod cuts the sound in certain situations for me, for example when downsifht at medium revs, or some upshifts at medium/high revs. Have I missed something?

This sound mod cuts the sound in certain situations for me, for example when downsifht at medium revs, or some upshifts at medium/high revs. Have I missed something?

There is some issue with the downshifts which I aim to get to the bottom of with the next update. Sometimes it will cut out.

Not sure about the upshifts. The only issue should be the short length of the sample (and hence the repetitive looping )

Oh nice it's adressed. I'll wait then for a fix, ( I use a 5.1 system if that matters), you can do a longer sample eaily whit any editor, and one advice, I never did a assetto sound mod, but i used FMOD, and for sound richness you can add for example a second sample for gear change (or more) and randomize when a gear is engaged, the same for other samples.
Anyways very nice sound mod, maybe it needs some low/middle range, but just a little, and some detail as pops when throttle lift and gear change, but almost brilliant. Thanks for the work.

Oh nice it's adressed. I'll wait then for a fix, ( I use a 5.1 system if that matters), you can do a longer sample eaily whit any editor, and one advice, I never did a assetto sound mod, but i used FMOD, and for sound richness you can add for example a second sample for gear change (or more) and randomize when a gear is engaged, the same for other samples.
Anyways very nice sound mod, maybe it needs some low/middle range, but just a little, and some detail as pops when throttle lift and gear change, but almost brilliant. Thanks for the work.

Not at all!

I am experiencing some issues with long samples in fmod. If I have an audio file any larger than 1.6mb and insert it into fmod it will lag the whole rev range for some reason. Have you encountered this issue before?

see what I mean about mic placement...

now imagine if i'd used this for recording my internal samples...
the car is still a classic flat six at it's core!

Not at all!

I am experiencing some issues with long samples in fmod. If I have an audio file any larger than 1.6mb and insert it into fmod it will lag the whole rev range for some reason. Have you encountered this issue before?
The lag occurs in FMOD studio? or ingame too? Maybe it's a soundcard problem.

The lag occurs in FMOD studio? or ingame too? Maybe it's a soundcard problem.

It occurs first in fmod studio and then if I compile the bank and load in the game it occurs there too. It seems like the lag transfers into the bank too

there is a setting in FMOD that you need to deactivate to get rid of the lag. I'll check that later but it is in the file library on the left of the screen. when you select a file, a small window opens in the lower left corner. which shows the settings of the file. there should be a highlighted rectangle with "stream" in it, if I remember correctly. if you deactivate this on every file that has it(it is visible in the list), the lag dissapear

there is a setting in FMOD that you need to deactivate to get rid of the lag. I'll check that later but it is in the file library on the left of the screen. when you select a file, a small window opens in the lower left corner. which shows the settings of the file. there should be a highlighted rectangle with "stream" in it, if I remember correctly. if you deactivate this on every file that has it(it is visible in the list), the lag dissapear
@ACFAN Yes you have to do this for every sample, it slipped my mind.

And i just noticed that the "stream" button is activated automatically for long samples, at first i thought it became activated randomly between the sample but i realized that it was the case only for the long samples, probably for the one of the size > 1,6mb

Go to the asset tab, then you'll see the samples and if stream is activated on one of them. Disable it, save and restart fmod. Should be fine.

Last edited:
Aha thanks!

I didn't know this at all. I have just learned fmod by making the RSR mod and a bit of Fonsecker's video. Kind of like when you buy an electronic device and don't read the manual and figure everything out yourself haha

Great job - as I mentioned in my "review/rating".

Just one little/minor thing:
Maybe you could adjust the fading in and out of the sound a little bit. So that the Porsche could be heard a little bit earlier and longer before and after passing the camera. I hope you know what I mean. In real life you can hear the Porsche long before you can see it. Especially, when I'm using the F7 camera the sounds fades off/in too quickly. But as I said: that's just a minor thing.
I'm really thankful for your stunning work. Keep it up! It makes a lot of people very happy! :)

Maybe you could adjust the fading in and out of the sound a little bit. So that the Porsche could be heard a little bit earlier and longer before and after passing the camera. I hope you know what I mean. In real life you can hear the Porsche long before you can see it. Especially, when I'm using the F7 camera the sounds fades off/in too quickly. But as I said: that's just a minor thing.
I'm really thankful for your stunning work. Keep it up! It makes a lot of people very happy! :)

Thanks man, great feedback. I haven't heard the RSR live myself so it's always interesting to know the little details which will make it feel more like you're 'there'.

Sorry reported your review by mistake. Still have to get used to the odd placement of the reply button!

Hi,

While being one of the best things of this mod, the external upshift sound deserves some minor tweaks to make it 100% accurate.

In the mod, the engine pitch (or RPM) is slightly decreasing before the actual gear shift. In the real car, the engine RPM is instantly dropping to the new gear RPM, which makes the upshifts sound much sharper.

This is by the way the case in many other AC car sounds (native or mod).

I can generate some spectrograms to illustrate this.

Thanks.

Hi,

While being one of the best things of this mod, the external upshift sound deserves some minor tweaks to make it 100% accurate.

In the mod, the engine pitch (or RPM) is slightly decreasing before the actual gear shift. In the real car, the engine RPM is instantly dropping to the new gear RPM, which makes the upshifts sound much sharper.

This is by the way the case in many other AC car sounds (native or mod).

I can generate some spectrograms to illustrate this.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback

I know exactly what you mean and it's a result of the sample I used and where and how it was recorded etc. I'll try to look for more samples.

V1.3 is already taking shape!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.5%
  • Forum trophies