AC Porsche 911 GT3 Cup @ Hope RaceTrack - Tue 02Oct18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Neilski

Staff
Premium
porsche-motorsport-image-jpg.203893

Join us for an evening with the 911 GT3 Cup with an open setup!

This time, we're off to the amazing Hope RaceTrack - a fictional track somewhere in Kazakhstan. If you haven't tried this track yet, you are missing out!
The cars are equipped with factory assists, i.e. ABS but no TC.

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and TeamSpeak can sign up for this event and we have lots of slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers?
Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and TeamSpeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
TeamSpeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU 911 #02 (Server is up!)
Car: Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 - Porsche Pack #3 DLC
Track:
Hope RaceTrack v1.0 (3775m) (30) - (download)

Fixed Setup: No
Driving Assists: Factory settings
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b Download

Schedule: Tue 02Oct18
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:05 GMT (30 minutes)
*Note that daylight savings are active. 19:00 GMT = 20:00 BST = 21:00 CEST

Entry List
  1. [COLOR=#b30000]Neilski[/COLOR] (ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Enoneado
  3. Torrent
  4. Pauli Ahonen
  5. Óscar Melero
  6. Trevor Carter
  7. SR Chok
  8. Free slot
  9. Free slot
  10. Free slot
  11. Free slot
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
UTP #22 NC

Reserves please stay off the race server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know on TeamSpeak if and when you can enter the server

Reserve list
  1. Free slot

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that it's clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out-lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast-approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in TeamSpeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

First!! sign me in, plz, a question about to use pitlane penalty app for the cut tracks... i think if we obligate to use that app during the races it will be easier to comply the track limits rule.

First!! sign me in, plz, a question about to use pitlane penalty app for the cut tracks... i think if we obligate to use that app during the races it will be easier to comply the track limits rule.
Welcome aboard!
And as I recently posted in another thread, PLP's most bothersome limitation in my view is that it's a piece of plain-text code, which runs client-side, so if someone wants to cheat it's trivial to tweak the code. You are welcome to run it if you want to help yourself comply but we won't be making it compulsory.
However, having driven a few laps around Hope RaceTrack, I'm pretty confident that there really aren't any significant opportunities to break the RD track limits and gain time :)

Sign me up! Oh and another question. May I live stream it on Twitch and Youtube?
You're in! :)
Streaming: I believe it's OK to stream the race itself, but if you want to include the TeamSpeak feed then you'll need to ask in TS and ensure that nobody has a problem with it.

That happened '16 or '17 in France...
The driver who came out on top was scared of heights and refused to exit the car:roflmao:
Wow! He's still there, I take it? :D:laugh::p
Actually, given the shape of the nose on 911s, it's surprising this doesn't happen more often!
I am now a premium member
Welcome aboard Trevor! :) Don't forget to read the info and follow the links in the first post if you have never raced with us before. (This includes how to set up TeamSpeak, and where to find the server passwords etc.) If in doubt, just ask for help ;)

Hope - so does that mean you are allowed to use Mod Tracks???

Bring on Donington :thumbsup:
I'm quite fond of Donington myself actually (but have not tried the new version yet) and yes indeed, I've been advised that we can use mod tracks for any event that isn't tagged with the "Social" tag.

I might not be able to make it (have been practising) but on a more positive note, this is because my new Seat Leon TCR might get released tonight.

@Neilski Can you put me down as a "maybe" with my livery again please, and fingers crossed, I will be there.

Cheers

Shaun

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes