Porsche 550 Spyder

Cars Porsche 550 Spyder v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Good day! Sorry to disturb you. I am trying to learn how to make mods for Assetto Corsa. There were several small projects and now I am working on a Porsche 550 Spyder replica mod (I took 3d from Forza Motorsport 7 and modified to my taste). I added screenshots of what happened.

I would like to use physics and sound from your mod, since there is hardly anything better for Corsa ... Your authorship will definitely be indicated, as well as a link to the mod. But! if you are totally against - write to me, I will try to find an alternative. But I still hope you don't mind.

with respect,
Sapsan

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1614713324.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1614713324.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
@AadHofman I'm happy to see some people still using these great old car.
However, there is definately drag in the aero file, same for 356A, it's certainly not "botched". Is it perfect? Certainly not, everything can be improved.

I'll double check the data that was pack just in case there was a problem there.
However, you may find these old Porsche are amazingly slick, they reallly were (they were also very small, which helps a lot). Top speed and acceleration are inline with published numbers, reliability of 50's numbers may be debatable, but I worked with what I had.
Like I said, I'll revisit the files just in case there's some sort mismatch and get back to you.

Last edited:
Here's something positive. I really like your implementation of the swing axle. That is what got me interested in these little Porsches*. Just disappointed there was no drag, at least the wing app doesn't show any. Might also explain why the transmission loss is so high. Anyhow, I propably will mod these cars for my personal use, with aeromaps and other extented physics stuff. Cheers!

* also, I was looking for a suitable 50's car for Bremgarten (ulterior motive)

Last edited:
The cars do have drag, just not enough. My wings app shows 0.34... which is about right for Cd, but AC wants (and shows) CdA, or drag coefficient x frontal area in meters.

Quick napkin math says the car has a frontal area of about 1.27m2 (1.61m wide, 0.98m tall x ~0.8) and a quick google says 0.35 for the Cd, so it should have a CdA of about 0.45.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, mixed up the cars for a second there. So I'm seeing the same basic aero on all of the 550s, 0-34-0.36 drag in the body wing element. I'd just updated these two before checking, so maybe worth a reinstall?

Last edited:
@aphidgod answer is spot on (as usual). My understanding at the time was based on direct drag coefficient implementation. I wasn't aware of the area multiplier.
Also, Content Manager does report an aero LUT error (empty file) which could impact system performance (not car).
Another note, the relatively high transmission losses were based on comments from Aris (I think) that mentionned old cars could have as much as 20% in losses.
That being said, overall car performance is as intended.

With the new physics options in CSP and graphics goodies , a polishing pass could bring a bit of new life to the mod and remove CM errors, it's been years since I touched it. @AadHofman if you have ideas and suggestions, I'd be happy to include them in a standalone physics (and maybe graphics) patch. The base mode cannot be updated anymore.

Last edited:
I started with blitzkrieg speed. Changes to the base model as of now (nothing tested, some based on my work with 718 RS):

- extented physics (car.ini, suspension.ini)
- Damper rates and tresholds (sensible)
- bumpstop ranges recalculated
- setup.ini for modding purposes
- steer ratio fix
- inertia (sprung mass)
- minor rod length adjustment
- front toe and camber change (sensible)
- extented tire physics including changes to:
- speed sensitivity
- rolling resistance
- angular inertia
- dcamber
- friction limit angle & flex gain
- fall off levels & speed
- cx mult
- angular radius
- brake_dx
- lu-tables for load sensitivity
- combined factors
- thermal model

Last edited:
Of course I'd be interested!!!

Guys, PM me so we can work out the details.
My Spyder heart just started pounding again !

I've got a rudimentary aeromap implemented and tested. Now that there's more drag, power to the wheels should be increased for previous performance level, if desired. I'll send you an acd-file.

To be brutally honest, no for many months now. I've spent my modding time on Mt-Tremblant 69, other tracks and being admin for a league.
That being said, the physics update is almost done, and it's a big improvement IMO. I was having a hard time making the required CFD runs for an accurate aero map when I put the project aside. I was also blocked by a few graphics improvement I wasn't happy with.

But the already implemented changes combined with the 1955 driver model would deserve a beta release at least. I should be able to put a public version out sometime this fall after I iron out a few remaining bugs.

To be brutally honest, no for many months now. I've spent my modding time on Mt-Tremblant 69, other tracks and being admin for a league.
That being said, the physics update is almost done, and it's a big improvement IMO. I was having a hard time making the required CFD runs for an accurate aero map when I put the project aside. I was also blocked by a few graphics improvement I wasn't happy with.

But the already implemented changes combined with the 1955 driver model would deserve a beta release at least. I should be able to put a public version out sometime this fall after I iron out a few remaining bugs.
Hey, love this old mod it's a fitting tribute to this important early era of Porsche establishing itself in the racing world.

Don't mind me asking, are you still working on the new update, a beta still planned or on the back burner long term?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back