Porsche 550 Spyder

Cars Porsche 550 Spyder v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
I play with a G27 wheel and a TH8RS shifter. What a joy this car is to drive! So difficult and vintage. It's all over the damn place, careful usage of the throttle is KEY to cornering this car. You've done a GREAT job!

Ensyuya updated Porsche 550 Spyder with a new update entry:

Porsche 550 Spyder

Porsche 550 spyder v2.1 updated Oct 2, 2016

Past the version 2.0, fixes, improvements and compromise, furthermore maturity has increased.
List of details below.

- New steer animation
- Adjusted driver position
- Fixed base model idle sound (it was easy mistake)
- Driver face mesh off
- Corrected driver eye positon
- Improved ambient occlusion effect in template file
- Adjusted base model suspension setup lightly for more understeer
- Fixed error log
- Added Paypal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

nice update, all things in changelog seem good except:
driver hands steering animation - the hands/wrists overlap/clip at about 45degrees (left or right)
driver eyes position could probably be moved back a little further than auto-pos sets it, as it still feels quite close to the steering wheel and if you look at your shoulders they are further back than they should be, this seems ok:
DRIVEREYES=0.250946,1.01295,-0.081692

this is something that it would be nice if kunos could improve regarding eyes potion placement as there isnt a good way of setting this.

the log file still gets spammed with:
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (1.0)
although the source of this message isnt clear. probably isnt important though.

cheers

driver hands steering animation - the hands/wrists overlap/clip at about 45degrees (left or right)
if you look at your shoulders they are further back than they should be, this seems ok:

this is something that it would be nice if kunos could improve regarding eyes potion placement as there isnt a good way of setting this.

the log file still gets spammed with:
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (1.0)

Thank you immediately reply.
Oh, in 550 spyder, making a steering animation of driver hands must be challenging. Small 550 has extraordinarily narrow cockpit. To create the animation in which arms do not overlap, probably, I think that there is a need to analyze a live-action video that is made for special. I do not have the time at all to it. There was a need to re-create the animation because of adjusted driver position. So far I am satisfied with the current situation.

I just set it as Kunos auto-pos set. Do you have VR device like Oculus Rift ? I don't. So I was not aware of eyes position further back than they should be. I will review it if there is an opportunity to the next update.

Porsche 550 Spyder

Porsche 550 spyder v2.2 updated Oct 5, 2016

Really minor update. I don't want to release updated version little by little. But I found parts that I can't leave. If this is the real life car, they are life-threatening devices. So there is no choice.

- Corrected base model suspension
- Corrected driver eye positon again
- a few minor adjustments

missed the last update so glad i saw this one! hope you don't worry too much about minor updates, if you note them as such we can always just opt not to download ;) thanks!

Can't get this car to show up in the game.. wish I could. Shows up in files in 'Cars' folder. Downloaded 2.0 twice and deleted between them hoping 2.2 would work but still does not show up as a manufacture in the cars section or as a single car when scrolling through 'All Cars'

Tried in version 1.5.x and in 1.6.1 Any ideas?

Folder path:
G:\Games2\AssettoCorsa\content\cars\Porsche 550 spyder v2.2

Thanks for the reply alphidgod. The folder is in the same 'cars' folder with all my other working cars, now about a hundred of them. Love to drive this car, but at least glad no others are having this problem. Though I have tried this before, I'll delete it and try another fresh download.

Please let me know if you think of anything else.

Hello Zuc,

You have to copy the following folders to AssettoCorsa\content\cars\ They are located inside the "Porsche 550 spyder v2.2" pack.
porsche_550_1500_rs_spyder
porsche_550_1500_rs_spyder_s1

So it should look like this
AssettoCorsa\content\cars\porsche_550_1500_rs_spyder

it should be
content\cars\porsche_550_spyder
and
content\cars\porsche_55_spyder_s1
---------
when you download the car, open the rar file and then double click on Porsche 550 Spyder v2.2; drag and drop the those two folders into your cars folder.

Porsche 550 spyder v2.3 updated Nov 12, 2016

Accoding to the official big update of sound fx by Kunos, whole sound was rebuilt and totally adjusted again.
And many liveries got internal fix because of some overlooks.
Custom textures of helmets and suits are added. To install this mod correctly, keep file structure under the "content" folder.

- Sound was rebuilt and adjusted with Fmod 1.08.12
- Most liveries re-done for better shader use
- Use of new driver texture system (skin.ini)
- Default setup change (spring, tire pressure)

Porsche 550 Spyder v2.4 updated Jan 18, 2017

Silver body color had lost its original radiance from a certain point of time.
I think that time was likely to be an official AC update that had major changes.
From now on you can turn off the AC essentials display when you drive.
Instruments other than speedometer and tachometer are operated.
Hillclimb model is even easier to drive but it will be a little slower.
Much more confortable to drive for many laps.

- Silver body color is improved again by adjusted shader parameters and a little...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing