Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
Maybe something simple that you don't think about. Like Anti-virus or some program running somewhere that you don't know about. It's hard to pin down. Some of my drivers have the same issues as you and they spend loads of money for nothing to get the game smooth. I will ask a few of them and get back to you asap.

Less input lag, and better performance.

What he said. Vsync input lag is instantly noticeable for me.

Also, if your FPS goes down to 59, VSync causes it to become 30, if it goes down to 29, it becomes 15 etc.

EDIT: A clear demonstration of input lag:

You can imagine why this would be like cancer in a racing sim.

Last edited:
To be honest I always wondered why Vsync exists. It never really did anything good for games in my view. Limiting the fps works so much more. But then.. you'd expect people to know it, especially with a expensive setup.

Basically the 2 main things it does, is have a smoother framerate if you have weaker hardware, and eliminates tearing.

I'd rather have tearing - although I don't even pick it up anymore to be honest - than input lag, as it doesn't impede my (lack of) speed.

The only games where I won't mind input lag, is Minesweeper and Solitaire.

ive tried so manh things i even gone thru the nvidia Cp turning things on and off, this game will just not run max on my setup, with 18 cars.

....8 cars yes i have a 60fps in replays.

so ill just hope either the next build or the next gpu driver will fix itself.

Not on max, just everything on high with motion blur off.
...soooo? that makes your previous post meaningless? Our point is that with the decent hardware we have (on paper at least) we should be able to run everything on max, not compromise the quality and dumb it down to high. For me the only issue is with the SuperV8, all other cars run smooth and constant 60fps with vsync on.
I think it's a LOD issue with the SV8

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back