Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
Edited : Uninstall for the love of god please :thumbsup:
1f54511ed85f8fe0bc49483d3d9ba58e769bf67104d0170909e2af1eedc594c8.jpg

Last edited:
Well guys you are going too far telling him to uninstall even if some of his posts are not fun to read and are very repetitive.
That said did you try to turn off the mirrors before getting into a replay? Personally I never noticed they were working. But even if they did I have reduced the mirror resolution because IMO it is unnecessarily big, so it may be the reason they don't affect my replays

Inside the series folder (F_Extreme, F_Reiza, F_Retro, etc) there is an image file (.bmp) called Mirror that has very big resolutions like 5120x512. Even strong PCs can have problems with mirrors this big so just open it with paint and reduce the image size till you think it's good enough fps without losing too much quality.
Just to compare stock rFactor mirror was 1024x64 if I remember right (of course your PC is too good for this low res, go for like 3000x400 or something like that)
You'll have to reduce the size bit by bit and start your game multiple times to check

will.....many thanks. I know i seem very unhappy with gsc performance but im very open to answers and solution. But gsc is worth it to me i think its that great.

Im not being funny (or lazy) but would it be an idea to post a zip (download) with these lower mirrors (for reiza cars) so people can use them?

Yes you can. You should notice going minecraft graphics if you try them too small tho :D so considering how good your PC is I don't think you'll need to go lower than 2000

Edit: I think the correct proportion is 2048x128 but my mouse trolled me while I was changing the resolution, hope this small difference won't cause distorted cars

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 1 4.3%