Poor FPS / Performance difficulties

Msportdan

@Simberia
So after weeks of pretty much playing AC with the new update. I put on GSC, I was looking forward to it long time away and I thought it will be a blast...long time away and all that?!

errr.... maybe not

I was disappointed with it it felt so lacking performance wise so to speak.. I don't want to get bashed here as I'm just trying to be honest and I will be, you all know me by now.

The gfx, which really suffers and not only that I cant sustain 60 fps with this game on full whack, replays can drop to around 20fps on my i7 gtx 970. Theres glitches around tracks etc etc/// Its a little disheartening after running pcars and ac at full whack solid 60fps. The ai have issues and its plain to see. Its just this engine has been flogged to death and reiza have should be proud by it .

The thing for me is that on high shadows (unlike rf2), the shadows dont go on/inside the cars, and sometimes looks very unauthentic/flat. Max shadows kills my fps in shadows heavy tracks/time..

I'm so sorry guys.. I love your work, but I think we need to move on technologically speaking.

Last edited:
no probs I meant a gave up with using max shadows and trying to get them to run well. I'm happy at high shadows, and since neils posted that rig setup at that expo and he admitted that even on that he couldn't run max.. I'm happy to stay at high and enjoy the sim weve been given..

dam those evos at vita are fun!

no probs I meant a gave up with using max shadows and trying to get them to run well. I'm happy at high shadows, and since neils posted that rig setup at that expo and he admitted that even on that he couldn't run max.. I'm happy to stay at high and enjoy the sim weve been given..

dam those evos at vita are fun!
I was just playing the superkarts online with 8 or 9 others @ 6010x1080 with multiview and every graphic option maxed (including circuit detail which I usually lower one click to high, and shadows) except for shadow blur (off) and anisotropic filtering (8x since 16x is absolutely pointless unless you like lowered framerates for absolutely no gain in image quality) and I was pretty-much pegged at my game-limited 120 fps. Maybe when it comes to real large fields and on lap 1 with a ton of cars around you that may be a different story but I have your GPU (GTX 970) and I have to render more than triple the pixels you do - 6,490,800 VS 2,073,600 - and I run just fine, man.

Last edited:
I'm getting poor fps with the SuperV8 at Montreal, but with AMS coming soon there's no point in trying to cure it so I grin and bear the opening couple of laps against the AI and get on with it.

Should I get the same with AMS then that'll be the time to worry!

I´m having the same problem. Running at 20-40 fps. Tried everything. Other modern titles at smooth 60fps. Any solution? Thanks

W10 16gb I73770 GTX 780
Something isn't right, you shouldn't be at 20-40 FPS, I use to have a GTX 780. Now I'm running Win 10, the same i7 3770 and a GTX 980 (not that much of a jump) and SCE runs great. Similar in performance to all of my other sims (pCARS, AC, R3E, rFactor 2, Dirt Rally, and others). There are a lot of suggestions and tips on the forum but it sounds like you've tried most everything.

I am having 80-130 fps when no cars around but as long as there are 5-6 cars close
or i pass through the pitlane, it goes down to 20-30 fps. Before the updates (december) it wasn´t like that. I had smooth gameplay.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back