Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

Last time SRB sold SC2s, I wanted a Sport. The day before as TedBrosby already wrote the 70 pro units were sold in under 15 minutes. So be prepared: Create an account on the SRB website well ahead and sign in. Don't know how many Sports were sold but being prepared worked out for me. Best of luck to everyone trying to get a SC2. You're in for a marvelous product.

now i want it even more......lol, but the waiting time is rediculous in my opinion. but that's on all brands even the simagic's........:cry::cry:

Upvote 0
Good luck if you give it a go! I first ordered from demon tweeks and with anticipation I got the tracking number and watched it get delivered and signed for by some guy in the UK. I am in New Zealand lol.

They then cancelled my order and rand out of stock before I got an explanation. yay.

Had to wait for SRB to get stock but ordered before all the covid so it may not have been so bad. Having said that, I got up in the middle of the night to order and make sure. SRB really is great to deal with though and I understand why they do what they do. Pre orders and taking money ahead can be a real problem for businesses.

Upvote 0
Coming back to the comparisons, Fanatec has acceleration and speed is better than SC2 Ultimate. The question is whether Fanatec will be able to use it in the future?

Upvote 0
Coming back to the comparisons, Fanatec has acceleration and speed is better than SC2 Ultimate. The question is whether Fanatec will be able to use it in the future?

What? That seems out of the blue. I dont think a DD1/DD2, whatever you are looking at is going to outclass the SC2 ultimate. Not saying that the sc2 ultimate is a great huge leap but it is hardware that is hand picked to meet some requirements that off the shelf mass produced wheels wont.

Edit, or put it another way. If there is some technical spec thats popped up that says a DD1/2 motor is technically faster than the SC2 ultimate it is a bit like looking at a cars top speed and saying I wonder if a v8 supercar can get around bathurst faster than a gt3 because it tops out a few km's faster. There is more to it than that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you read that?
Fanatec doesn’t publish the hardware specs of their Servo motor. They just have vague descriptions like “stays at its fastest acceleration”. The only hardware spec they shared is that it’s an outrunner and holding torque is 5 Nm less than peak.
They’ve refused questions about slew rate.

Upvote 0
That test has been repeatedly shown to be inaccurate and inconsistent. Your results have a huge grain of salt.
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/sc2-ultimate-worth-updating-from-simucube-1/2958/28

I’m sorry for being blunt when I say this, but a lot of the DD wheel makers are being very “you don’t know what’s under my hood” about their motors. In a way I don’t blame them because a very fast motor with poor programming is useless.

Upvote 0
Motor-speed is dependant on voltage in this application, for ffb, there is a sweet-spot, more is not always better. There is a chasm as wide as a galaxy in quality between the Austrian-made Ultimate servo, and the Chinese DD1/DD2 servo.

Rest assured, the Ultimate has a huge amount of spare capacity, the servo is rated for 60NM torque, and the controls-electronics can drive 40A POS, thus it can easily drive the Ultimate past 45NM on the current implementation, if it would serve any purpose. On top of that, the control-circuitry in the SC2 series is 3x to 4x faster than anything else available for dd wheels, this latency will be better, plus bigger room in future for more advanced filters.

No need to really debate these things anyway, they’re different products for a different demographic.

Upvote 0
Congrats cackster on your purchase.
Will be interesting to hear your opinion and comparison!

My current ACC profile is attached here.
Ingame I use standard Simucube profile, but with 40% FFB gain instead of 30%.

ACC2 profile.JPG

Upvote 0
My DD1 is slower than my Simplicity so i'm surprised it is faster than the Ultimate or they have released a newer newer firmware.

I don't use it anymore.

Upvote 0
Here is my unexceptional story. Coming from a TS PC racer, I installed my new Sc2 pro and F28-sc wheel last night. I wasn't totally blown away at first, then i hit a wall and everything shut down. Anyways long story short after having a mild 30 second panic attack I realized one of the two power supplies wasn't properly plugged in. Once I had both power supplies running and copied a friends settings this combo totally blew my mind :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%