Podium DD's VS Simucube 2's

Hi guys, the past while I was trying to find good comparisons between these two models of dd's. Has anyone tested both ? I understand that the software for these aren't complete yet but is there any clear winner here ? thanks.

I have been using DD1 for a year. I have never had any problem. Is that worth to change it for Simucube2? Do you know anyone who used both fanatec dd1 and simucube pro?

Upvote 0
I have been using DD1 for a year. I have never had any problem. Is that worth to change it for Simucube2? Do you know anyone who used both fanatec dd1 and simucube pro?

If you search Tango Racing on YouTube you’ll see he went back and forth quite a bit between DD2 and SC2 Ultimate. He had a bad experience with customer support for the site he ordered his SC2 from, and that made him go back to a DD2 but more out of emotional response than actually wanting to use the DD2. Because a month or two after his issues were sorted by Granite and the vendor (giving him the second revision antenna for the wireless button module and the newer quick release), he eventually retired his DD2 permanently and mains his Ultimate.
IMO if you’re happy you’re happy. I wouldn’t upgrade unless you already have amazing pedals (at least Sprints) and the rest of your setup is solid.

Upvote 0
I am wondering about it too, but the question is whether Fanatec will not come up with something ;-).
The Podium engine definitely has a lot of potential. Speed and acceleration are the best

Upvote 0
The Podium engine definitely has a lot of potential. Speed and acceleration are the best

... of the Fanatec lineup. They offer a really solid base, but it is certainly not THE best on the market. Or on which basis do you say the above?
Sorry, I just had to follow up. ;)

Upvote 0
I am wondering about it too, but the question is whether Fanatec will not come up with something ;-).

Can you stop saying this? People call you out on it all the time and you keep referencing some wheel test that literally Granite's engineers have said it's not a good test. And that same test you link shows the Fanatec wheels with a horrible delay. Beano literally has linked him running the same test on the same wheel, using only different USB ports and getting wildly different results. Fanatec's Podium engine is not the best at speed or acceleration.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Out of all fans, Simucube and Sim-lab are the worst, and this board is full of them.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

@Andrew_WOT,

Why am I the worst?

I was fotunate enough to get to try a few wheel options and found Simucube 2 pro suited me best, and ended up getting an Ultimate. I've never said one dd is the best.

People should try before they buy, and Manufacturers/Resellers should be playing a part in this as I would think most people are buying blind based on forum opinions/Reviews and opinions are like 455holes.

As for fanboys, I've never subscribed to that ideology, as it can stiffle progress and development. IceRentals is a good example of this.

Peace out.

N word.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

That was an inside joke, don't sweat it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I guess it is unfortunately so. I wonder how many of these people tried these two?
I have tested (and still currently own) both DD2 and SC2, and can comfortably say you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not sure what you are trying to say wrt your earlier post above, maybe it is language barrier.

Both quality, speed and slew, as well as electronics latency, is significantly ahead of any other dd wheel on the market. Podium is not even on the same level as original small Mige/Simucube 1 osw, SC2 is technologically far ahead of them both.

cheers,
beano

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have tested (and still currently own) both DD2 and SC2, and can comfortably say you don’t know what you’re talking about. Not sure what you are trying to say wrt your earlier post above, maybe it is language barrier.

Both quality, speed and slew, as well as electronics latency, is significantly ahead of any other dd wheel on the market. Podium is not even on the same level as original small Mige/Simucube 1 osw, SC2 is technologically far ahead of them both.

cheers,
beano
You're so sure.

Upvote 0

cheers,
beano
Hi man, long time no see (LFS forum)

..so it may make a difference if it's a servo driver company tipping their toes into sim devices verses the opposite....

Upvote 0

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back