Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

Audi is getting some nice progress but yeah, we have at least 2 cars good to go, but waiting to be started in physics
and other cars with updates on physics have basic meshes :)

this is where project of this magnitude gets tricky, it's multiple people doing multiple steps, so it's hard to align everything on same car so that it can be released

Laguna has been unfortunatelly halted a bit, becasue A3DR got busy with his actual job,
Volvo / Peugot are almost done ( to a very similar level like Primera) for the mesh/textures, but no physics
Audi - mesh is slowly getting to a poitn where BMW is currently
BMW - no work being done as I work on Audi
Mondeo - very nice progress on exterior , but updates on interior too, but haven't been worked on for quite a while as the artist is busy with real life stuff
Alfa - decent progress has been made, but has been put on hold for few months now as the artist working on it got busy with real life stuff
Vectra / Accord / Volvo 850 Wagoon has been on hold for quite some time, random artists picked those up but then left with not much progress, so very little progress on those cars

not sure if I'm forgetting anything

and yes,I have been playing with idea of making my own game using unreal4, initialkly seeing if the physics engine is good enough for a decent racing game, more on arcade side of things but beliveable , ..something similar to Art of Rally,

but I'm putting this on hold now a bit, waiting for new release of unreal 4.26, whihc has entirely new physics ,that feels much better then what's currently there in 4.25

although, when compared to ArtOfRally, circuit racing will also need AI and that could be a huge problem, so yeah,who knows
I was hoping to makeget this to a point that it looks like demo, and then maybe doing some kickstarter campaign to see if there is enougn interest to make this an actual game

Last edited:
Audi is getting some nice progress but yeah, we have at least 2 cars good to go, but waiting to be started in physics
and other cars with updates on physics have basic meshes :)

this is where project of this magnitude gets tricky, it's multiple people doing multiple steps, so it's hard to align everything on same car so that it can be released

Laguna has been unfortunatelly halted a bit, becasue A3DR got busy with his actual job,
Volvo / Peugot are almost done ( to a very similar level like Primera) for the mesh/textures, but no physics
Audi - mesh is slowly getting to a poitn where BMW is currently
BMW - no work being done as I work on Audi
Mondeo - very nice progress on exterior , but updates on interior too, but haven't been worked on for quite a while as the artist is busy with real life stuff
Alfa - decent progress has been made, but has been put on hold for few months now as the artist working on it got busy with real life stuff
Vectra / Accord / Volvo 850 Wagoon has been on hold for quite some time, random artists picked those up but then left with not much progress, so very little progress on those cars

not sure if I'm forgetting anything

Thanks for the big update, Patrik! Totally understand it can't be easy for so many people to have their lives align perfectly to make things happen sooner. We know perfection can't be rushed...

I could see Motorsport Games becoming irritable if you're considered to be stepping on their toes, especially seeing as they have the BTCC license...

They have the BTCC license for current cars. Besides, literally every mod for Assetto Corsa (besides the KTM X-Bow GT4 which is more like free official content than an aftermarket mod) is using someone's IP. Generally speaking if you're making someone pay then you need to do what the likes of RSS etc do and change things just enough to not need to license, but generally nobody goes after freeware since there's no profits to take a cut of.

well, time to switch to BTCC again :)
let's get this done!

audi_teaser.jpg

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 131 85.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 47 30.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 53 34.6%