Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

Further interior work on the Volvo S40...

S40_09.jpg
S40_10.jpg
S40_11.jpg
S40_12.jpg
S40_13.jpg
S40_14.jpg
S40_18.jpg

The Volvo (and Peugeot) is modelled by Paule and the sound for the Volvo has been done by Hillclimber96.

It would be great to publish the BMW and at least one other car this year, hopefully more but who knows.
Ref your unanswered calls for help with the physics, I'm just wondering if releasing alphas of the driveable cars would kick-start offers of help from the community? You guys are doing sterling work but are seemingly struggling to dedicate enough resources make the progress you want. There are a lot of talented people on these boards so you might be pleasantly surprised by the reaction.
Just a thought, and one you all probably discussed already a long time ago.

To be honest, the BMW is about 98% complete physics wise, so its just now the modelling for that which needs to be completed. I have requested a minor tweak to the suspension to do with the anti squat and anti dive.

However yes, we could use some assistance with physics creation for the cars we have in a semi-complete state like the Volvo S40, Peugeot 406. Reason I say creation is because we have nothing laid down yet at all for either car, so if we were to publish something tomorrow it would likely just be a hackjob of the Nissan physics which ideally we don't want to do. I have been helping out doing little bits here and there but I have zero ability to create a suspension set. The rest of it is pretty easy and I could do most of that (I reckon the suspension creation is about 80% of the design of the overall physics for a car as its so complex so...), but the other 20% (aero, engine stuff, drivetrain, car.ini) stuff isn't that hard to fathom.

Last edited:
To be honest, the BMW is about 98% complete physics wise, so its just now the modelling for that which needs to be completed. I have requested a minor tweak to the suspension to do with the anti squat and anti dive.

However yes, we could use some assistance with physics creation for the cars we have in a semi-complete state like the Volvo S40, Peugeot 406. Reason I say creation is because we have nothing laid down yet at all for either car, so if we were to publish something tomorrow it would likely just be a hackjob of the Nissan physics which ideally we don't want to do. I have been helping out doing little bits here and there but I have zero ability to create a suspension set. The rest of it is pretty easy and I could do most of that (I reckon the suspension creation is about 80% of the design of the overall physics for a car as its so complex so...), but the other 20% (aero, engine stuff, drivetrain, car.ini) stuff isn't that hard to fathom.
Sounds like it's time to release that bmw for massive testing along with any nissan primera updates

As many times that have said this, they are not enough. Thank you for creating this content with so many detail and dedication even being low on personal and time. It's going to take more time than the initial thought, but it will be worth it! Keep going on this awesome project!! Thank you again!!

Also last year I went to go and visit the workshop of the owner of the Volvo 850 and ex-Rydell S40, where I gathered a lot of data.

Please see below for a few pics. We also got to hear about some interesting tricks employed which we aren't sure we can replicate, but interesting nontheless. For example the S40 had a unique rear passive steer system, they referred to it as toe steer and its on the setup sheets below. Also they ran much more equal camber than other cars and much softer springs at the rear, indicating a differing philosophy in design to the Nissan.

Also a partial 850 photoscan was attempted but it was so cramped, it wasn't really worth much, maybe a bit of bumper and bonnet could be used.

850-1.JPG
DSC_5689.jpg
DSC_5695.jpg
image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg
s40.JPG

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling