Cars PM3DM Super Touring Cars

This pack will most likely shake up the simracing comunity (or at least AC/Kunos simers). This cars have all the secret ingredients: fast, easy to "handle"/race, hard to master, variety, balanced, beautiful and nostalgic. Pretty sure it will be a success.

Love the GT1 pack from RSS, love the Need for Speed packs, love the DRM packs but this one... this one will be special when it gets all the cars.

The Primera is like the "Technology Preview"... :D AC already have the tracks to race them and with all the new things modders have add to it... we just need this cars. I'm pretty sure this is going to be an online success.

I wish the team good luck and hope they never lose the motivation to finish them.

I hope to race some of them "soon". :thumbsup::thumbsup:

hehe, if we release it in time before people forget about AC

but one way we look into this is that this could then very well be ported into AC2, if that supports modding, so yeah,

we do realize that it takes too long, but that's something that can't be easily changed. Not unless we change the philosophy how we do this.

it really puts things into perspective, seeing other modding teams being able to release big mods such as DRM revival or the GT1 pack

The prospect of this mod is making me more excited than I thought was possible. Just looking at the pictuers of all the cars you guys are working on is bringing back memories.
To feed that excitement, would it be possible to get an update sort of like the one in the first post in this thread? For instance, a while back Patrik said you where looking to get the BMW, Peugeot and Ford done next but from various updates I get the feeling that the Volvo has overtaken the Ford in the queue, is that correct?
Obviously not asking for a timeline, I don't mind that it's taking time, but just to get sort of a feeling of what to expect!
Also, as many others have stated, if there would be an option to donate I'd absolutley like to, not to speed the procces but to show apreciation for the great work you guys are doing (The Nissan is fabulous!).

Thanks for doing this and keep up the great work!

No problem.

Update is that work is ongoing, but slow. The Volvo S40, Peugeot 406 by Paule are in an advanced state in terms of 3D, Pug has most of the interior done, Volvo still needs one. Mondeo hasn't progressed much since the last update and has very little interior at present, our modeler Iain has had a lot on his plate so watch this space on that one. Irfan has sadly left the team as he couldn't dedicate the necessary time to model the Alfa 156 any longer, so he has sent the 3DMax files and this project will be re-assigned to another artist who can either start from scratch or use what Irfan started.

Most of the current effort is going into getting the BMW 320 to a good state. A new physics set has given the car a really good foundation. Before we were struggling with two things, traction and braking and both of these things have now improved massively. The car is easy to drive and push and you can get sideways and still catch (most) slides. I can post a video of the car in action later. We are aware that this project has taken much longer than ideal, however we are still plugging away at it where we can. I have held off posting information as I don't want to be accused of teasing but not producing anything.

In other news, in a change to our original plan, we had someone approach us with a view to model the 850 Estate. So we have agreed to help where we can with physics, sound, references etc.

By the way, if anyone feels like they wish to contribute to the project in any way, 3D, physics etc, then please post us a PM, we are always happy to welcome people to have input.

estate1.jpg
estate12.JPG

A few vids of me testing the 320. First lap was a reserved, measured smooth lap. Later lap(s) show me throwing the car around a bit, just to demonstrate that you can abuse the car quite a bit before it lets go and it does let go on me.Car has a natural tendancy for slight understeer as per driver feedback, but when the rear does break loose it should be easily catchable (and it is in most cases).

Looks good!And that sound,love it!:geek:
Well the sound is currently being worked on by the excellent ACFAN, as Fonsecker has left the AC modding scene. The sound here is still the Nissan sound.

Despite doing 3 recordings of BMW's, we are having to get a bit creative with the sound as the recordings were of little use as the engine note is just so buried in the mix of excessive transmission whine to render it totally useless. Our only hope of actually capturing the real sound would be to have a car with a S42 engine mated to a different transmission and diff, so in other words an pre-1995 chassis with the later S42 engine, but such a combination has never turned up on UK shores. I have seen a few videos of one such car but the audio quality was poor.

The 3 cars I recorded were;

1998 Ex Schnizter 320 E36 - Recorded at Silverstone Classic 2015
1997 Ex CiBiEmme 320 E36 - Recorded at Silverstone Classic 2017
1992 Ex BMW Great Britain E30 Grp A - Recorded at Donington Historic Festival 2018

The only thing maybe of use from these is the idling samples and perhaps the transmission whine itself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back