Please HELP! Major issues with AC and CSP on new PC

Hey guys,
I bought a new PC 2 days ago and as I had installed AC on an external harddrive, I was able to just plug it in and play it. It all worked fine yesterday but when I tried to start it up today all I got was a grey-ish screen which freezes my PC almost everytime i try to start it. It happens in every CSP version, even with CSP deactivated. Also it doesn't matter if I start it via Steam or CM, the same issue all the time.

The weird thing was, that i plugged the exact same Harddrive into my old PC and it worked perfectly. But the issue can't really have anything to do with my new PC since other games like GTA V run without any issues.

I then thought let's just reinstall AC to be sure the problem is gone and it was, but not for long. I could start it over Steam and CM but after insalling SOL and CSP i had the same problem, but even after uninstalling both of them again the issue was still there.

It would be very keen of you to help me with this since my League starts in 2 weeks and I really need to fix this until then,

Sceenshot of my issue:

Screenshot (4).png

Hi, you might be getting a weird situation where you have a saved game config in CM you are loading or a car setup etc. that normally resides in your 'Documents' folder that most often is located on your C drive.

You may have the game installed on another hard drive but there are quite a few files that live in the documents folder under 'Assetto Corsa'.

You could prove this idea by creating a whole new 'Drive' config. based off a standard KS car, track etc. with standard setup and even standard assists setting eg. 'Pro'. basically selecting everything that you know you have on the new PC.

If this is the problem then you might be lucky and be able to copy the relevant folders from your old PC's '\Documents\Assetto Corsa' folder to your new PC and everything works.

I did copy the Documents folder yesterday evening but now I remember that I definately didn't have the issue before I did that, maybe some damaged files there? Should I just delete everything related to AC (root folder, docs etc.) and reinstall it again? I wouldn’t care if I had to set it up again, just looking forward to get it working again.

Last edited:
Sometimes you have to go back to basics. Uninstall, clear out documents folder and just do a basic install without mods and see if it works and then build from there.

Perhaps others have seen your particular problem?

I also just realised that my documents folder was automatically uploaded in google drive I guess that f*cked it up, I' ll just clear everything bc I i've sat here for multiple hours trying out every single solution and I've had enough now XD.

If I clear it completely i can at least check who's the troublemaker by just starting it after every new addition, thanks for your help mate, appreciate it :)

I've disabled any cloud based sync of my documents folders as I felt it could cause problems if I do clean installs of programs and then old config files re-appear or replace files in my documents that might break the clean installs.

As I've had problems myself with AC, I backup the whole game folder to a backup location and my documents folder when I first do a clean install of AC. If all OK I then install CSP and SOL and mods. If all OK then do another backup of AC game folder and my documents folder.

Doing the above gives me the ability to copy back the two folders if things have gone wrong on the live folders.

I had to reinstall Windows anyway bc of some Problems with my activation Key so I basically cleaned everything haha. I also deactivated OneDrive auto-sync now so i should be good to go

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back