Photorealistic PPFilter C13 Camera Obscura

Misc Photorealistic PPFilter C13 Camera Obscura 2.2.14

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ciba1991 updated Photorealistic PPFilter C13 Camera Obscura with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.21 - updated color grading and minor bloom tweaks

This version changes the LUT for colour correction. With the old Lut, the color correction would be set inappropriately for some users - cause unknown. In internal testing, this issue seemed to be gone.
Update changelog:
- new CC LUT
- adjusted bloom gamma progression at night - hopefully less intense dithering around lamps
- adjusted Pure ambient light parameters
- adjusted Pure reflections parameters
- further white balance tuning

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ciba1991 updated Photorealistic PPFilter C13 Camera Obscura with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.29 for Pure 0.102

Changelog
General:
- Redid the Colour Grading LUT - now based on PeterBoese's PureEYE LUT
- Readjusted Glare - made star effect more pronounced
Pure:
- rewrote AE logic
- adjusted brightness adjustment function usage
- adjusted star brightness
- adjusted saturation progression
- adjusted preset 3 gamma
- adjusted WB
- implemented bounced and emissive light brightness adaption Sol: / Sol is now considered Legacy - report issues and they will be fixed, other development is frozen.

I'm went back to the 2.0.21 version, for me this new version was a huge step backwards (I'm using Pure 0.102, btw).
I used to like this filter because it had a cooler colorgrading than for example Peter's Pure filters. Now it is even warmer than them, especially at night, and I hate it.
Headlights and all the other lights are now much brighter than before, and they're too bright now. For example the pitlane lights on Le Mans 67. They also cause the AE to diminish headlights into small candles that can barely show the left side of the pitlane straight. This was the same in 2.0.21 though, as was the other headlight problem: when it's not completely dark, headlights are so dim that they make racing pretty much impossible.
I also tested a couple of Kunos tracks, same problem.
These very bright lights combined with strong AE make nighttime driving quite an experience, because headlight brightness keeps changing from candle to a small sun and back again - depending on whether there's track lighting or not.

I won't leave a review this time, it really wouldn't be pretty. After the mostly excellent 2.0.21, this is a huge disappointment. The difference is so big, that at first I reset all the settings I could think of, because I was certain I had something wrong. Unfortunately not.

I'm went back to the 2.0.21 version, for me this new version was a huge step backwards (I'm using Pure 0.102, btw).
I used to like this filter because it had a cooler colorgrading than for example Peter's Pure filters. Now it is even warmer than them, especially at night, and I hate it.
Headlights and all the other lights are now much brighter than before, and they're too bright now. For example the pitlane lights on Le Mans 67. They also cause the AE to diminish headlights into small candles that can barely show the left side of the pitlane straight. This was the same in 2.0.21 though, as was the other headlight problem: when it's not completely dark, headlights are so dim that they make racing pretty much impossible.
I also tested a couple of Kunos tracks, same problem.
These very bright lights combined with strong AE make nighttime driving quite an experience, because headlight brightness keeps changing from candle to a small sun and back again - depending on whether there's track lighting or not.

I won't leave a review this time, it really wouldn't be pretty. After the mostly excellent 2.0.21, this is a huge disappointment. The difference is so big, that at first I reset all the settings I could think of, because I was certain I had something wrong. Unfortunately not.
Thanks for the feedback, i'll investigate the wild swings in lights. Also the excessive warmth. Though the colour temperature is easily adjustable via a slider in the pure config. If you have any other tracks that exhibit egregious issues please let me know

Thanks for the feedback, i'll investigate the wild swings in lights. Also the excessive warmth. Though the colour temperature is easily adjustable via a slider in the pure config. If you have any other tracks that exhibit egregious issues please let me know
Thanks! I'll test with the newest version when I have more time. I'll also see what I can achieve with adjustments. But now I'm back to using 2.0.21, for me it would be perfect if the headlights would be brighter during the day-to-night and night-to-day transitions.
With Le Mans 67 it's of course possible that the problem is at least partly with the track itself.

EDIT: I was able to get 2.0.29 better (for me), but it needed some pretty drastic adjustments...
[PureScriptSettings] script_version=2.029 FilterPreset=1 Bad%20monitor=false CtempAdjust=800 exposure%20minimum=0.25 exposure%20maximum=1 dark%20adaption%20speed=0.10000000149012 bright%20adaption%20speed=0.10000000149012 SpecularMultiplier=2 AE%20Sensitivity=1 AE%20Target=3 Bounced%20Multiplier=1
Those settings actually made it possible to see the road during any time of day, but I feel those settings are not "good" since there are so many things I set to either min or max.

Last edited:
@Mikke73 i tried your settings and it blew out the entire image at day. I'm not sure what's going on there. lemans 67 is a particularly problematic track for nighttime, but i do at least try to cover edge cases. I've implemented an additional bright light adaption damper for nighttime to combat this. Also the warmness runaway is a thing, i will be adjusting colour temps to be cooler. Would you be willing to beta test the next version?

@Mikke73 i tried your settings and it blew out the entire image at day. I'm not sure what's going on there. lemans 67 is a particularly problematic track for nighttime, but i do at least try to cover edge cases. I've implemented an additional bright light adaption damper for nighttime to combat this. Also the warmness runaway is a thing, i will be adjusting colour temps to be cooler. Would you be willing to beta test the next version?
Holy c... I also see the blown out daytime now that I made more tests. I just can't figure out why it didn't happen when I made those settings, though. Very strange, I even tested on multiple tracks. I guess something must not have been reset....
I can't guarantee I'll have much time for testing in the following days, but otherwise I'd be willing.

Last edited:
I used this filter (not the latest version, the one before) on a league race with some buddies a week ago and we decided to test out the dynamic weather system. For said race we went all out with a thunderstorm and a hurricane, which by the end of the race the sun would rise and dry everything out. While using this filter, the moment the sun rose a nuclear warhead blew up in Silverstone and I was completely flashed for like 10sec. Some people didn't have any of these issues however (they were mainly using SOL filters and NaturalMod).

It's not a critic or bad review, just thought of letting you know of this oddly specific scenario that may have slipped your testing sessions. Keep up the good work!

PS: a slight suggestion, it would be awesome if the filter didn't need any CSP settings changed to work properly.

Last edited:
I used this filter (not the latest version, the one before) on a league race with some buddies a week ago and we decided to test out the dynamic weather system. For said race we went all out with a thunderstorm and a hurricane, which by the end of the race the sun would rise and dry everything out. While using this filter, the moment the sun rose a nuclear warhead blew up in Silverstone and I was completely flashed for like 10sec. Some people didn't have any of these issues however (they were mainly using SOL filters and NaturalMod).

It's not a critic or bad review, just thought of letting you know of this oddly specific scenario that may have slipped your testing sessions. Keep up the good work!

PS: a slight suggestion, it would be awesome if the filter didn't need any CSP settings changed to work properly.
Please tell me you have that .acreplay file! Firstly because i'd love to see the race, secondly this sort of stuff is super hard to simulate so having the replay to benchmark would be the only way to troubleshoot this. As far as the CSP settings go, the defaults are perfectly fine, i just suggest those lighting fx settings for every filter since the defaults look unrealistic imo

C13 Camera Obscura 2.1.06 update

Changelog:
General:
reworked colours to address reports of an overall too warm look. Swapped default tonemapping function for a slightly more filmic look.
Sol:
-compatibility changes to make keep it in line with Pure.
Pure:
- default preset is now 2
- adjusted various things with regards to colour
- completely rewrote AE to now also use the Yebis function to add some dynamics.

Is it possible to install the new update by overwriting the existing files? Or we need to delete the old version and drag and drop the new files?

Also in the script config if I select preset 3 it doesn't stick and everytime I restart a session it goes back to preset 2

Last edited:

Incoming update

I'm still extremely happy with the latest version of the filter, and I don't think you can do better for pure right now. That said, the next version of pure will bring a few nice improvements and the quest for fixed strength lights that "just work" may finally be coming to an end. The incoming update will be overhauling world lighting and lights and the side effect of that would be a much needed improvement to twilight exposure without weird hacks (that's all pure tho, not me). I'm still...

Just want to say thank you! By dragging it into the ac folder myself solved all of my problems. Personally my most favourite PPFilter. For both video and photos. Sometimes I switch to A3PP...but yours still give the best look and best performance.

C13 Camera Obscura 2.2.06 release for pure 0.142+

Update with Pure 0.142+ in mind.

WARNING - DOES NOT WORK WITH OLDER VERSIONS OF PURE.
Sol is no longer supported - Sol users stick to 2.1.06

There were a lot of discussion about how to handle csp lights in regard to world brightness, especially since the whole idea of pure was to approach a realistic relationship between day and night brghtness levels. To that end, this version of the filter recalibrates daytime brightness parameters, and adapts world lights to be somewhat static when...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea