Overclocking

As i did some research i was wrong about my 3200+, i changed it with an old Intel 2.6. My 3200+ default 2.0 Ghz runs at 2.5 Ghz, which is a 25% overclock, sorry for my mistake.

You can set the following:
Overclock profile : Manual
CPU freq : 250
PCI express : 100
DDR voltage : 2.7
CPU voltage : 1.4875
PCI clock Synchr enz enz : 33.33

In CPU configuration set:
Hyper transport Frequency : 3X
Cool and quiet : Disabled

DRAM config:
Timing : manual
Now i will put all values from top till bottom:
333 MHZ
7T
3T
3T
12T
14T
5T
3T
2T
Disabled
Disabled

This should give you a stable 2.5 GHZ, try these settings at own risk, when it is too much the system will not boot and reset, so it can be trial and error for a few times.

My 3200+ can do arround 2.7 GHZ so 2.5 is my all day setting, my girlfriend uses this pc for adobe photoshop and other heavy stuff so it is all stable here with a Zalman copper cooler attached.

Good luck and i will hear if it works out for you aswell.

Yeh. That 3500 can go up to about 1.55v-1.6v with temps under 50C. However the 3500's were never known to be good overclockers. The best single core AMD 939's imo were the 3700 San Diego's.

My overclocking History so far:

3200 - Not the best chip. Took 1.65v to run at 2.5ghz.

I got fed up with the rubbish overclock and got a 3700, KACAE stepping. Got that to 2.9ghz on 1.55v, could benchmark at 3ghz.

After that I decided to get a dual core AMD so I got the Opteron 165. I cut the IHS off and managed 3ghz on it. I could bench it at 3.2ghz. However it died so I went back to the 3700.

About a year later (lol) I got my current Q6600 which is an alright overclocker, not the best but its pretty good. Running 3.5ghz on 1.46v.

If Marcel doesn't mind I am also willing to also help people here from time to time.

Yeh. That 3500 can go up to about 1.55v-1.6v with temps under 50C. However the 3500's were never known to be good overclockers. The best single core AMD 939's imo were the 3700 San Diego's.

My overclocking History so far:

3200 - Not the best chip. Took 1.65v to run at 2.5ghz.

I got fed up with the rubbish overclock and got a 3700, KACAE stepping. Got that to 2.9ghz on 1.55v, could benchmark at 3ghz.

After that I decided to get a dual core AMD so I got the Opteron 165. I cut the IHS off and managed 3ghz on it. I could bench it at 3.2ghz. However it died so I went back to the 3700.

About a year later (lol) I got my current Q6600 which is an alright overclocker, not the best but its pretty good. Running 3.5ghz on 1.46v.

If Marcel doesn't mind I am also willing to also help people here from time to time.

Sure you can help me as long as you use save settings it is ok for me.

My Q6600 runs at 1.38V so you can go lower, try it out, mine is stable at 3.6GHZ 1.38V.

As i did some research i was wrong about my 3200+, i changed it with an old Intel 2.6. My 3200+ default 2.0 Ghz runs at 2.5 Ghz, which is a 25% overclock, sorry for my mistake.

You can set the following:
Overclock profile : Manual
CPU freq : 250...............a lot of text
Good luck and i will hear if it works out for you aswell.

After applying these settings this are the results.

Looks like my pc is going slower.

Edit: Found it the Multiplier was still on Auto in the BIOS. Set it to a higher number (11 to high?)

CPU is now running on 2750 mhz.

Attachments

• cpunew.jpg
    cpunew.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 207
  • memnew.jpg
    memnew.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 193
Okay Marcel i have the new CPU cooler in my pc now and indeed it's much cooler . This is what real temp 2.70 says:
core 0 = 42 c
core 1 = 28 c
core 2 = 37 c
core 3= 35 c
I'm still waiting for my new ram i ordered them monday evening.
So i give the shop a call tomorrow. When i have the new ram we are going to overclock again :becky:
Here is a picture off my system
steijnspeelenpc044ib8.jpg

No it was not hard to connect the cooler it was only a little difficult to push the pins into the motherboard i hope they are good now :)
and the cooling pasta: First i cleaned everything with alcohol then i used a credit card and did on the cooler and on the processor just a very tin layer pasta i hope that's oke :)

No it was not hard to connect the cooler it was only a little difficult to push the pins into the motherboard i hope they are good now :)
and the cooling pasta: First i cleaned everything with alcohol then i used a credit card and did on the cooler and on the processor just a very tin layer pasta i hope that's oke :)

Push pins - evil little buggers they are! See if you can find a retention bracket for your cooler and then you may get better temps :)

Maybe you use too much cooling pasta, it is only needed on the cpu and very thin, most people use too much. It is only needed to fill up all tiny holes there are, even better is to lap both cpu and cooler, then attach it.

Here is a guide i found:
techPowerUp! :: How do I properly lap a heatsink/ waterblock?

You guys make me creazy lol
I removed the cooler again and did only a little bit pasta on the cpu.
But it was much harder to install the cooler this time i never do that again :)
I called the shop from the ram and they made a mistake but they will send it to me as soon as possible. So i will get it tomorrow they said . We will see.
When i have the new ram i will try to overclock again.
Do you need new pictures off my bios Marcel ?
or can i juse the old settings and try if it works.

Yes overclocking god can take a a lot of time and patience but the result is alway very nice, when i see my benchmarks i get a smile seeing my 200 euro cpu outbenching 600 euro cpu's.

Sure use the old settings i told you, maybe you can speedup the ram a bit now.

I almost can't believe this :

I ordered 2x2gb Ram and today they send me 2x1gb :(
So now i have to call the shop again and change this :(
I'm allready doing a little bit overclocking today i have a stable 3.0 ghz for now and going up slowly :)
LOL i allready have a 3dmark vantage off 20.251 with 3.0 ghz maybe this is enough for a while :)
steijn3jrenoverclock3ghbq8.jpg
steijn3jrenoverclock3ghdq7.jpg

Great Jacco, well done, you will see you can go further when you get more confidence in what you are doing.

As you see only an investment of 40 euro's for a good cooler gives you more advantage then buying a new cpu.

Now you have this cooler you can experiment with more fans too, it is possible to connect 4 fans on the Scythe, a fan costs only a few euro's.

I am happy with my 3.6, i had it stable at 4.2 but 3.6 is good enough for me, it means 50% more speed then compared to default.

More fans lol I thought i was almost done :)
Okay it's no problem to buy 1 fan extra but how about the power i think i only have 1 power suply for the fan or not ?
(ik heb volgens mij 1 ingang voor de fan stekker hoe moet ik er 2 stekkertjes op maken of zijn er verlopen voor ?) Sorry for this dutchie talk :)
3.2GHZ stable now :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea