Overclocking

Thanks guys :)
Now i have a new question :)
When my pc is under graphic stress he makes a lot off strange noises ?
Like a upstarting modem in the old days ,that kind off noise.
I was told by someone that it are the condensators from the motherboard who make these strange noises.?
My pc is making these noise from the beginning that i bought it.
What can it be ?

I just answered your PM Jacco, in my opinion a pc does not make noise, only fans you hear, but i think these are the power regulators placed arrond the cpu, but this is not normal. Listen where you hear it and if it is the board, RMA the board for a new one.

I just answered your PM Jacco, in my opinion a pc does not make noise, only fans you hear, but i think these are the power regulators placed arrond the cpu, but this is not normal. Listen where you hear it and if it is the board, RMA the board for a new one.

LOL @ the joys of PC's ... first you build it, then you twiddle with it, then you upgrade and overclock it and are feeling great about it, then ... there is a problem ... and you need to take it all to pieces, RMA it, and rebuild it all again :doh:
Not laughing at your misfortunes mate - just been there a good number of times myself ... good luck sorting it!

sorry ... :focus:

Jacco did you find where the noise came from?

Hey yes sorry :)
I downloaded a new driver and the voice was not so loud as in the beginning maybe it's the driver.
And also strange, when i am not use SLI the sound is not so loud as when i use SLI ?

I'm done with overclocking i have my PC stable on 3.1ghz
and Ram 775. (1:1)
I make some pictures from my bios later this evening.
The end result :becky:

Here are my overclock end result pictures :)
Maybe it's better to set it on 1:1 but then i have less mem
First i wil try the 3:2 version and see if it's stable for a long time if not i can change it in to 1:1.
(On the 3rd picture says linked but i have set it on unlinked later : )
overclockeindresultaat0th1.jpg
overclockeindresultaat0yd4.jpg
overclockeindresultaat0yu7.jpg
overclockeindresultaat0lk3.jpg

One thing is strange i can't juse the SLI memory anymore in the bios?
with 2x1 GB it worked fine but with 4x1GB it don't work anymore.
Maybe i am doing something wrong here :)

One thing is strange i can't juse the SLI memory anymore in the bios?
with 2x1 GB it worked fine but with 4x1GB it don't work anymore.
Maybe i am doing something wrong here :)

Dont worry about it I had the same thing when i upgraded to 4gb of ram.
IT has something to do with the sli EPP profiles not being suitable for 4gb of ram the timings are too tight and are preset for 2gb.
I had to flash my ram with new epp profiles to get the correct speed from it but i now cant run it with memory timing as tight as with 2gb.

Some info here might help explain the problem here >> ATTN - 4/8GB CONFIG INFO and SPD FLASHING - OCZ Forum

Im running OCZ Reaper HPC PC 9200 ram

Dont worry about it I had the same thing when i upgraded to 4gb of ram.
IT has something to do with the sli EPP profiles not being suitable for 4gb of ram the timings are too tight and are preset for 2gb.
I had to flash my ram with new epp profiles to get the correct speed from it but i now cant run it with memory timing as tight as with 2gb.

Im running OCZ Reaper HPC PC 9200 ram

I'm running OCZ Flex XLC DDR 1150(PC2-9200)

Here's my pc spec

Intel Core 2 Quad Pro Q6600 "Energy Efficient SLACR 95W Edition" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) -
OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) PC2-8500C5 1066MHz Dual Channel Platinum Series DDR2
DFI Lan Party DK X38-T2R Intel X38
Xigmatek HDT-S1283
PC Case:GIGABYTE GZ-X2 BLACK MIDI PC CASE

(My ram doesn't wont to work full speed its below the default 1066 mhz)

Hey Ben ...

Looking forward to see what Marcel comes up with for you, but from the looks of that lot, your system is capable enough and should soon be churning out framerates in Evo as good as some of the best of 'em :thumb:

I think you have the same award bios as i have and also, can you make some bios pictures from advanced settings, i mean the section where you see RAS /CAS memory settings and FSB settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back