Overclocking

Thats true, it's too hot, try to open the case and lower the fsb a bit and test it again. You can also play a bit with the voltage settings, lower them as much as possible. It costed me a lot of time to find the right voltage settings for my system.

If you change the memory for "sli" memory you should change the SLI ready memory to "Expert" and you can let the memory run a bit faster then 800 Mhz.

I think the Q6600 is a better overclocker if i see this result or your cooler is not attached well.

Try to remove the cooler and clean the cpu and cooler with alcohol. Let it dry and use only a half risegrain of cooling pasta. Carefully make a smooth surface with a credit card, this card should be cleaned with alcohol too.

Then attach the cooler again.

Hmm now it's getting a little bit to difficult :becky:
I think i buy faster ram and buy a faster CPU later over a couple off months the Intel core2 Extreme QX 9770 when it is much cheaper then it is now.

Or i try to get this 9450 going on 3.4 ghz but then i need watercooling. But it will be a lot off work to get it run smooth and i am an overclock noob :)
So it is dangerious when i try this.

I think about what i am going to do :becky:

Jacco, don't buy a new cpu or ram, wait a year then you notice the difference, not now, you have a hell of a system running there.

What you need to do is lower the voltage settings a bit, try default values as on your first screens, the slowly add more V if needed.

Overclocking is hard sometimes, and a lot of testing has to be done, every system is different.

Try 3.0 Ghz with default voltages and see what happens, also look at the temps when you have the system total default, if your temps with default settings idle are more then let's say 35 / 38 C then your cooler has to be modified, maybe the pasta is not good, too much or the fan is placed wrong.

Good luck and i really like to know your default temps.

Hey :)
I have 2 programs running for the temp and it's alittle bit strange because they don't match.
Core temp 0.99.1 says:
Real temp 2.70 says:
I don't no what is right.
This is when my pc is only doing some internet stuf.
And i am so sorry Marcel but i bought the OCZ 2x2GB DDR2 PC2-9200 FlexXLC Edition 1150MHZ.
I'm not giving up yet and still want to overclock my CPU :)
When i have the new Rams i hope you will help me with overclocking again.
For now i have a couple off days rest :)
Speak to you later maybe it's better on MSN ?

I think the default system cpu idle temps are a bit high, ineed use realtemp and see what that brings.

I don't know what type of cooler you use, the Coolermaster 700W PRO700 ATX2.91 seems a PSU and not a cooler.

Can you tell me which cooler you have, and sure i will help you with the new ram too, it only takes a little time and a lot of testing for you, but the result is worth it, i am very happy with my Q6600@3.6. Watch my benchmark screenshot :)

Attachments

• nvidia00003.jpg
    nvidia00003.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 203
The Cooler is :Intel CoreQuad Q9450 4x2,66 GHz 12M Box
1333 MHz FSB. incl----- INTEL BOXED COOLER-----.
Maybe the Intel Cooler is not good enough :(
What new cooler do i have to buy for better cooling or is the intel cooler good enough.

The Cooler is :Intel CoreQuad Q9450 4x2,66 GHz 12M Box
1333 MHz FSB. incl----- INTEL BOXED COOLER-----.
Maybe the Intel Cooler is not good enough :(
What new cooler do i have to buy for better cooling or is the intel cooler good enough.

Aaaaah nou komt the ape uit the mouw lol. The Intel stock cooler is not good for overclocking. Get a new cooler first instead of a new cpu or new ram, this will bring you most bang for the buck.

If you use a Scythe Mugen like i do your temps go down with 10 till 15 degrees.

Okay I buy one imidiatly wich one is the best and easy to remove offcourse i don't want to remove the motherboard :becky:
Maybe the one Simon says or the Scythe Mugen like you say Marcel.
I want a good cooler and easy to place.
And must i buy cooler pasta ?

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Venice, 3500+, Socket 939,
MoBo: Asus A8N-SLI SE
Bios Vers: A8N-SLI SE Bios version 0502 (from asus website)
Cooler: Arctic Freezer 64 Pro
RAM: Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT, 2048 MB, 400 Mhz
Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5
Pictures: Will follow tonight

I did overclock the CPU a bit its now running 2.38 GHz.

This cpu can run easy on 3.0, i have an older ssystem here with the 3200+ running at 3.0.

Do not use the Asus 10 20 30% oveclock, it will slow your ram a lot, use manual oveclocking with this board it will perform great.

This cpu can run easy on 3.0, i have an older ssystem here with the 3200+ running at 3.0.

Do not use the Asus 10 20 30% oveclock, it will slow your ram a lot, use manual oveclocking with this board it will perform great.

That I'am using at this moment :pound:

Here are some photos from my bios screens, 1st one is from my current setting.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 195
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg