Other Motorsports (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
this next article comes from champcar's website
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=11727

btw i think i have the answer to watch the champcar races live...(i was lucky to catch it yesterday)....you can watch it via a software tvuplayer on cbs...or at least it was on cbs last night...next race is on espn....& i'm not sure if they are broadcasting espn on tvuplayer.....maybe another software.....i'll you guys informed ;)

DOORNBOS SOARS IN CLEVELAND

Cleveland, OH (June 24, 2007) - It was a race full of ups and downs for Minardi Team USA today, but amidst it all, they found themselves on the podium once more. Robert Doornbos drove an amazing race to finish second, but unfortunately it wasn't 'Speedy' Dan's day, and he finished eleventh after looking strong all day.

Robert started fifth on the grid, and after everyone made it safely through turn one, he found himself in fourth being chased by Graham Rahal. However, Robert was accused of moving off line, and this earned him a drive through penalty which left him in last place. Ever the racer, Robert put his head down, and even after a spin on lap fifty-five, he never gave up, and fell just half-a-second short of first place. Claiming his fourth podium in just five races, he moves into second place in Championship points, just three behind Bourdais.

Robert Doornbos 2nd Place 106.912 mph

"This was the longest race of my career! Who would have thought it would happen like this? I went from the front to the back of the field, and then back to the front again. I was given a penalty for blocking, and in this Championship, blocking is a very big word. I feel that I did nothing wrong, but I got punished, and then pushed really hard to recover. We had amazing pit-stops, and our engineers worked out a brilliant strategy. I have to thank the team more than anybody else, they kept me motivated, and it's due to them that I finished where I did. I never gave up and kept my head down until the very end. It's crazy that you can come from the very back and finish on the podium, but that's part of why I love this Championship!"

Dan Clarke's day started with great promise. He fell from sixth to eighth in the opening laps, but quickly began picking off the cars in front of him, one at a time, and was up to fourth place before the first round of pit-stops. He was turning lap times as quick as the leaders, and made some impressive passes moving through the field. He was looking to have a strong finish, but unfortunately, it wasn't in the cards for Speedy. He got in the middle of a racing incident and spun and stalled the car. The safety crew quickly restarted the car, but by then Dan was one lap down. He fell to eleventh, with nobody on his lap to race against, and settled in for the remainder of the race.

'Speedy' Dan Clarke 11th Place 105.591 mph

"I feel really sorry for the team because we were having a great race. It's a shame to end the race because of a spin. As it turns out, we would have been good for a podium, but I did have a fun time out there today. I got to do quite a bit of overtaking, and we had a really good car. I feel bad for the end result, but I'm trying to think positive and look toward the next race. I'm heading to Mont-Tremblant tomorrow to spend some time at a friend's cottage to do some relaxing so I can prepare myself to put things right next weekend."

Paul Stoddart, Team Co-Owner

"What a mixed day. First a drive through penalty that was debatable to say the least, followed by some fantastic racing, perhaps the best we have seen so far this season. To end up second for our fourth podium out of five races and only be three points behind the Championship leader is about as good as it can get."

Keith Wiggins, Team Co-Owner

"Obviously it's good to have another podium; it's good for the Championship and for the entire team. The key is to get on top of the podium, though, and this was possible today. It was disappointing with the call for a drive through penalty, but we bounced back from that. We could have had two cars at the front today, but that didn't happen, and we'll take what we can get and hope for better next time."

• Wido Rossen

Ow men, i just saw the rerun of that race.
He realy came close to his first victory.
Let us be patience , his first victory will come very soon.

Just seen this race @ claveland.. WOW what a race and Doonrbos did get zo close to tracy.. oh oh oh :) The is really good for him.

He must not want to go back to F1 because he got less changes overthere.
I would say Keep it UP doornbos!!!

• Wido Rossen

Doornbos has set fastest laptime in 2th practice

Robert Doornbos is very quick on the Mont Tremblant circuit.
He has put the fastest laptime in free practice.
In the first Quali he came 0.074 sec short for the provisional pole.

Lets hope that this circuit will him his first victory.

• Wido Rossen

Doorbos is fast over there.
but it`s Paul Tracy`s home circuit.
Robert has to do his homework here.

• Wido Rossen

The Mont Tremblant race.

Wiht 26 laps gone Robert is in 2th place behind Bourdais and in front of Justin Wilson.
And het just started to rain in Cananda.
So with over more than 1 hour to go whe have good hope`s for Robert.
Paul Tracey who drive`s a home race has for so far not a good race.
He is curently in 13th place.
And for our belgian friends, Jan Heylen just spon out into the wall cause of the rain.
Jan whas still on slicks.

On lap 28 there has been a full course yellow with safety car.
And the hole field has come back together.

Update.......

Paul Tracey hat to put his car beside the wall cause his car caucht fire.
As has Bourdais that has spon of and regaint in 11 place.
That will give the lead to robert doornbos.

Let`s hope that robert can keep this up.
Little statement: Robert has a 80% podium finishes in hischampcar starts.
Maybey this is gonna be his 1th victory.

• Wido Rossen

Doornbos Gets his first victory in Canada !!!!!

Robert Doornbos has won his first champcar race.
In a very wet race he staid ahead of bourdais and other rivals.

Later there will be more.

20070701P_0046.jpg

Dutch Pride :)

• Wido Rossen

Well , Doornbos has to keep this up.
Would that be a thing, champcar champion.
And even better, clinch the championship in Assen......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes