Origin Icons

Misc Origin Icons 2.9.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
How much for a MAD Formula Team icon to be added? :whistling:
MAD AC CM.png

Last edited:
It's no misspell. :cool:
I have seen (so far) three different ways of spelling in the ui: EX-MODS, Ex Mods, EXmods.
All three ways are in the list to be sure the icon will be found.
I will try to explain myself in a different way (english is not my mother tongue)
Inside list.json file there is:
{
"name": "Ex-Mods",
"authorFilter": "EX-MODS, Ex Mods, EXmods",
"icon": "EX-MODS.png"
},

but the file icon name is EXMODS.png, whitout "-" .... just a stupid thing of your huge work:)

Attachments

• EXMODS.png
    EXMODS.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 25
English is not mother tongue either, but I'll try again.
What you are pointing at (the name I gave to the icon) isn't a misspell, it's not even important. It's just a name a gave it when I made it.
Some icons carry the same name as the authorFilter, others don't (shortened or simplified, whatever). It's not a issue.
I could give you a heap of examples, but check them out if you want, you'll see.
I'll give you one to show how it is:

"name": "Dan Bucsa",
"authorFilter": "Dan Bucsa, AssettoCorsaORS, Our Racing Simulator Project",
"icon": "DANB.png"

The icon name isn't even in the authorfilter, I could name it Quark67.png in stead of DANB.png, it would still show correctly.

Hope that clears it up ?

I understand what you mean.
The misspelling is not between the statements inside the json, but between
this statement
"icon": "EX-MODS.png"

and the icon file name inside folder "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data (User)\Origin Icons".
They should be exactly the same, but they are not.

Aaaah... now I see what you mean.
So the icon doesn't show ? I can't tell because I have no EXmods cars installed.
Will see if I can get one to check....

EDIT: OK got one, but the 'issue' might be (even after changing the icon name) that there's also a RTM Mods icon (the name they used before and is most probably present in the ui of the 'older' cars). And it is still the RTM logo that shows now.
I can only change that if I remove the Exmods from the RTM authorfilter, but then there might be issues for the RTM logo not to show on earlier cars.
Need to check that out...
I could remove the RTM logo in total, but that would produce the same issue... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Aaaah... now I see what you mean.
So the icon doesn't show ? I can't tell because I have no EXmods cars installed.
Will see if I can get one to check....

EDIT: OK got one, but the 'issue' might be (even after changing the icon name) that there's also a RTM Mods icon (the name they used before and is most probably present in the ui of the 'older' cars). And it is still the RTM logo that shows now.
I can only change that if I remove the Exmods from the RTM authorfilter, but then there might be issues for the RTM logo not to show on earlier cars.
Need to check that out...
I could remove the RTM logo in total, but that would produce the same issue... :rolleyes:
Finally I managed to explain the little issue : )
If I was you I would remove Exmods from RTM (and leave only RTM in the filter)

W
Finally I managed to explain the little issue : )
If I was you I would remove Exmods from RTM (and leave only RTM in the filter)
Which is what I already did for myself to test and I also think it’s the best solution.
Will change it that way in the next update.
Thanks for drawing my attention

Pharhaps you already know it , but I discovered that it's possible to use your Icons in Car and Track Categories without copying the icon files inside folders:
Data (User)\Car Categories
Data (User)\Track Categories

I've just edited each steatment inside json category list, from (for example)
"icon": "URD.png"
to
"icon": "../Origin Icons/URD.png"

Yes, guys in my team told me earlier.
But tbh I never (have to) use these.
After years of collecting, I am now very fussy about quality of tracks and cars, probably because of my test work for several teams.
That makes that I now have less than 200 cars (and some 230 tracks) installed. Makes it easy to find what I need without the search functions.
I'm also almost up to date with my sections files and track logo's. So I finally will have some more time to drive/race...:D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.