Oran Park LiDAR

Tracks Oran Park LiDAR 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Lavalamp641 submitted a new resource:

Oran Park LiDAR - Oran Park Raceway LiDAR Version.

Custom Shaders Patch highly recommended. It will work without, but you will not get the night lighting, GrassFX etc.

RainFX is currently only available from Ilja Jusupov aka x4ab's Patreon.

To install, copy the "content" and "extension" folder to the root of your "assettocorsa" folder.

Converted with permission from rFactor 2 Oran Park LiDAR by Mike Cantwell, originally created by Brendon Pywell, Brendan Elliott and Chris Larmour for rFactor. Huge thanks to them for creating...

Read more about this resource...

I noticed the review mentioning the issue with disappearing cars, and as I suspected it is related to having the 'Advanced Culling' option turned on in CSP under the optimisations section. It is a relatively new feature that is disabled by default so I would suspect it is still being developed / tweaked. Not sure why it culls objects under the bridge on this track as I haven't noticed any issues with it previously, but there you go.

There's another Oran Park mod that uses the same folder name "oran_park" and it has three layouts. Maybe you could name yours "oran_park_lidar" or "oran_park_ll641" ...and maybe you could add the third layout eventually.

1616795885572.png

Last edited:
I noticed the review mentioning the issue with disappearing cars, and as I suspected it is related to having the 'Advanced Culling' option turned on in CSP under the optimisations section. It is a relatively new feature that is disabled by default so I would suspect it is still being developed / tweaked. Not sure why it culls objects under the bridge on this track as I haven't noticed any issues with it previously, but there you go.
Thanks for finding the cause of this, was quite concerned when I was notified about it :D

Hey everyone. I just want to thank Lavalamp641 for converting this track to AC. It looks awesome and I hope to have some updates done in the near future.

I have some other tracks that I am aiming to have in AC too, those being Queensland Raceway, Lakeside Park (International Raceway), Gnoo Blas, Bathurst 1985 and the original Eastern Creek Laser.

Thanks again.

Mike. (Mike's Track Building and Sim Racing)

Oh man this is definitive edition. It was indeed advanced culling that was generated problems on my side. Now everything is perfect and you added not one but two additional layouts. Great work !!!!

Hope some day you will tackle on Motorland Aragon. RF2 version is great and I got convertion permisson from Paulmarc. Unfortunately don`t have required skills :(

Hi, nice work on the detail of this lost Aussie track.
But I kinda have problem when I race with AI, namely "AI diving into pits at the end of first lap."

It seems like the issue only happens when AI drives mod cars.
Tested the same combination of cars on other tracks (Kunos and modded tracks) and it has no issues.
Tested other kind of mod cars on your track and it has similar issues.
Is it because of your AI line or something...? Because it seems the AI that do not bail into pits also braked slightly when approaching the start/finish line.

Here's the video of it. https://streamable.com/2bvpta

Hi, nice work on the detail of this lost Aussie track.
But I kinda have problem when I race with AI, namely "AI diving into pits at the end of first lap."

It seems like the issue only happens when AI drives mod cars.
Tested the same combination of cars on other tracks (Kunos and modded tracks) and it has no issues.
Tested other kind of mod cars on your track and it has similar issues.
Is it because of your AI line or something...? Because it seems the AI that do not bail into pits also braked slightly when approaching the start/finish line.

Here's the video of it. https://streamable.com/2bvpta
Hi @DannyDotCom, what car are you using in your example? Would be good for me to run some tests with a car that is known to have the issue.

Edit:

Managed to find some cars that do have the issue. It seems to be cars that do not have a 'fuel_cons.ini'. The contents of this file looks like this:

[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=1.536260

AFAIK, this file tells the car how much fuel to use per KM, and the car uses uses either the 'fast_lane.ai' or the 'ideal_line' files to calculate distance. My understanding, is that AI cars that do not have this file are unable to calculate how much fuel to start with/use up, so end up pitting way too early.

Not sure what the solution to this is as I made this AI line that same way I've madee all my others, but no others have had issues reported.

In terms of the AI braking, isn't that just the AI detecting that it's close to a slow moving car? If you drive round any circuit slowly, the AI slow right down when near you. Not sure on this issue tbh, haven't been able to recreate it.

Last edited:
Hi @DannyDotCom, what car are you using in your example? Would be good for me to run some tests with a car that is known to have the issue.

Edit:

Managed to find some cars that do have the issue. It seems to be cars that do not have a 'fuel_cons.ini'. The contents of this file looks like this:

[FUEL_EVAL]
KM_PER_LITER=1.536260

AFAIK, this file tells the car how much fuel to use per KM, and the car uses uses either the 'fast_lane.ai' or the 'ideal_line' files to calculate distance. My understanding, is that AI cars that do not have this file are unable to calculate how much fuel to start with/use up, so end up pitting way too early.

Not sure what the solution to this is as I made this AI line that same way I've madee all my others, but no others have had issues reported.

In terms of the AI braking, isn't that just the AI detecting that it's close to a slow moving car? If you drive round any circuit slowly, the AI slow right down when near you. Not sure on this issue tbh, haven't been able to recreate it.
Yeah, I actually tested this by myself before looking at your reply and yes from all the mods I tested some of them don't even have the "fuel_cons.ini" file inside the data.acd of the mods....

But thanks for the reply, I was just making sure if it's the correct issue and indeed it is. Sorry about taking your time a bit. Also great job on the track.... :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back