Old rFactor Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

The relatively small painting 'canvasses' available for this championship have not stopped Touring Pro Series artists producing some works of Clio art. Picking ten for the shortlist was difficult enough! It's definitely going to be a colourful field in this inaugural season.

Below is just a sample of the liveries contending. Vote for your favourite HERE

gardner.jpg

callan.jpg

stringer.jpg

The Clio Euro Series is part of the Touring Pro Series.

Formula Pro is back again for it's fifth season this fall. But already we can release some info about the season including mod use and the track schedule. Which you can see below.

7V45s.jpg

More information including the base mod will be released soon. Please keep an eye the forums for some high quality summer races with the mod. For more info head over to the to RD Formula series forum.

This season drivers will be driving on 10 different tracks from the end of August with the MMG F1 2007 mod. We will be following the F1 calendar close starting with the Belgium GP at Spa-Francorchamps then going to tracks like Monza, Singapure and Suzuka but we will replacing the grand prix in Korea and Indea with other tracks that are more exciting to drive around. We will also add another 2 tracks, the so called Monaco without barriers, Hungaroring and the challanging street track of Valencia.

FPPSLogo2-2.png

Formula Pro Pacific Series was founded at January 2009 by Steve Crossland. At that time the league was not called Formula Pro Pacific Series but Presto GP Pacific league. During that time the F3000 was the only car they used at that time. One year later Presto GP Pacific league joined RDFOC and Presto GP league to form the Formula Pro Series which meant this three leagues changed name to Formula Pro World Series (RDFOC), Formula Pro European Series (Presto GP league) and Formula Pro Pacific Series. This also meant that FPPS was going from the old F3000 to the newly released MMG F1 2007 mod that brought lots of excitement to the league and even closer battles for the championship.

Head over to the FFPS forums to sign up, click here

Less then 3 weeks away for the RaceDepartment Formula Pro Championship to start. So lets sit down for a little interview with one of the drivers Martin Bulgin who will participate in this top notch open wheeler league for rFactor enthusiasts.

rFactor 2011-08-22 22-23-50-53.jpg

IS:
You finished 5th last season with driving very consistent. Is the 5th place again a aim for you or do you think you can improve on that?

MB:
I think it will be harder this season for me to finish in the top five, although i will be trying, there are a lot of fast guys on the grid and once again consistency will play a part for anyone who wants to finish in the top five at the end of the season.

IS:
RD Formula Series is using a different mod then last season. Are you adapting oke to the new mod?

MB:
The main difference in feel for me is that last seasons mod had a tendency to lose the rear end of the car quite easily, thats not to say you cant with the current mod but the car does feel more stable. I have enjoyed driving the new mod more and more as we progressed through the pre season events, I still need to do more testing to understand the tyre compounds a bit better.

IS:
Your are a RD Formula Series regular and a well known driver on the grid. You think you have a edge on some new drivers this season with your experience?

MB:
An edge, hmmm, maybe maybe not, some of the new guys may not be used to running full GP length races, it's a lot different to a twenty minute sprint, it can be quite intense and fatigue can start to set in, there is also the strategy side of running full length races, how many stops shall I make ? what compound tyres shall I use ? how much fuel do I take ? these are all things you need to test for in the weeks before a race.I go by the 7 p'sProper Planning and Preparation Prevents P*** Poor Performance

IS:
Wich track are looking forward to and you think you can achieve the best result?

MB:
All of the tracks chosen for this season I like, some more than others but it's a good mix, I am probably looking forward to Montreal the most, it's a proper F1 circuit and I always enjoy racing there, usually one mistake means you are into the wall and limping back to the pits for repairs, so if you are consistent and stay out of trouble a good points finish is possible, The Nurburgring is a bit of a favorite as well, it's got a bit of everything.

IS:
You have any special practice routines to get ready for the race day?

MB:
Not really anything special, I usually start work on a setup a couple of weeks before a race and then with a week to go I will do a little practice every day and tweak my setup, I think you can practice too much though and overdo it sometimes which can be counter productive. On race day I like to get on the server fairly early check everything is ok and have a look at some of the opposition, see how they are running try and work out how much down force guys are running from their top speeds that sort of thing, maybe pick up a tip or two, although it can be a big mistake if you decide to go with a completely different setup an hour or two before the race to the one you have been working on for two weeks.

IS:
Thanks for your time Martin. And i wish you all the luck this season.

MB:
Thanks Ivo it's been a pleasure.

For info about RD Formula Pro Championship. Visit the forum

This Sunday RDFPC Season 5 is ready to start. First round will be held on the well known Barcelona Circuit. Martin Vrba will defend his Championship this season but will be pushed hard by drivers like Blewitt, Major, Patel, Strauss, Butcher and many more.

For info about the Championship visit our Forum. To be a reserve driver can also be found there. In the meantime join the Prediction Game for Round 1 and guess who of 25+ drivers are gonna be on the podium at Barcelona and check the Pre Season interview with one of the drivers Martin Bulgin.

Make sure you check out the Frontpage and Forum regularly for recap videos of the Rounds by Jari Vinnari and Ryan Callan wich is always worth watching.

rFactor 2011-09-07 17-47-30-97.jpg

Great one guys! I keep fingers crossed for all of you but especially for Nico :cool: and the quick FPES gusy! :redface:I'm very jealous not to be in this big field of great drivers.
I'm curious if rF2 will be a big reunion for all the rF and GTRevo racers resulting in one big league with the perfect F1 mod. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes