Old rFactor Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

Monday night sees these beautiful Australian cars race around the desert in 2, 20 minute races which, if other events are anything to go by, will be action-packed from start to finish.

V8s_f_640.jpg[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

ORSM's V8Factor Unleashed with the 2010 Unleashed Season add-on is the mod of choice and will be run on the V8 Supercar layout of CTDP's circuit.

The event will re run 3 times during the day for the Oceania, European, and US regions. The Oceania event will begin at 10:00GMT, with the European event starting at 19:00GMT and the US event following soon after at 0:00GMT. Both the Oceania and US events will feature a 30 minute practice session, followed by a 10 minute qualification, 5 minute warm-up, before a 20 minute race. There will be a second qualifying session for the second race. The European event will follow the same schedule, except race 2 will feature a reverse grid so there will be no second qualification session.

If you wish to take part in this event, you can find the sign-up threads which contain all the necessary information and download links here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor-racing-club/54926-v8-supercars-sakhir-monday-may-16th-2011-eu.html European Event

http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor-racing-club/54927-v8-supercars-sakhir-monday-may-16th-2011-oc-us.html Oceania/US Events

We look forward to seeing you.

It features field counts upwards of 40 drivers…it showcases a grueling 12 race schedule culminating in a rush down the mountains of Bathurst… it embodies white knuckle driving where one slip up while live on MultiBC could mean your last name transforming into a mark of shame for generations to come (Eggbeer anyone?). Exactly what is ‘it’? Well, there is only one series that fits the bill.

World Touring Masters.

To win such an epic title you need speed, consistency, racecraft; you know, the standards of any champion. But with a monster schedule that takes place over 9 different venues, the most important thing any driver needs is commitment for this championship.

Well, Peter Duivelaar has all the skills listed above and much more, and that’s why he’s this year’s WTM champion. Fresh off such a well earned title, we at RD thought it was a good idea to invite the Dutchman on for our latest edition of RaceDepartment Driver Spotlight.

RaceDepartment: Hello Peter, thanks for joining us. You’ve been around RD for a while now, gaining recognition by consistently challenging for wins and titles. How did it all start for you as a simracer?
Peter: I started at a very young age with simracing--I think I was about 6 or 7 years old. The first simracing game I played was Grand Prix 2 and later Grand Prix 3 and 4. The first time I raced online was with DTM Race Driver 3.

A while later I bought Race 07 and I was looking if there were some nice online championships. I saw RDTCC, and I decided to join the league. It was great to drive at such a high level with drivers like Greger Huttu and Dom Duhan. From that moment I became very active here at Racedepartment, both in leagues and in club races.

RaceDepartment: How does it feel to win WTM?

Peter: Of course it feels great to win WTM, this was my aim before the championship started so I am very happy. Especially because the fight for the championship became very exciting near the end of the season.

RaceDepartment: As you just alluded to, the WTM championship became very intense as it neared its end. Toby Davis and Ben Crooks mounted assaults on your championship lead. How were you able to fend them off?

Peter: First of all a big compliment to Toby and Ben for their strong performances at the end of the season. I had created quite a comfortable lead at the beginning of the season, as these were the tracks that suited the Volvo. The tracks mid-season were not suited for the volvo at all, especially Salzburgring and Brands Hatch, but I think because I scored valuable points at these events I was able to win the championship. Consistency over the whole season was the key to winning the championship.

RaceDepartment: You won the title while winning 2 of 12 rounds. Last year's champion, Gregory Degreef, won 4 of 9 rounds on his way to the trophy. How would you explain the lack of wins? Was your car choice to blame?

Peter: The volvo wasn't the fastest car at any track I think, but at the same time that’s what makes the car so good. It is, in my opinion, the best car overall, but it isn't superior at any specific area. So that might explain why I only won 2 events, but at the same time there were also a lot of good opponents.

RaceDepartment: About your car choice. Some fans joked it looked like you were in the old station wagon taking a spin to the grocery store. Why did you pick such a pedestrian looking car?

Peter: I watched the broadcast after each race and I must admit it doesn't look like a race car. The reason why I chose this car though was because it felt like the fastest car overall. I didn't spend a lot of time trying out all cars. I just drove 5 laps at Valerbanen with each car, and the volvo was the fastest by far. So that's why I chose it. Its a pity Valerbanen was replaced by Pukekohe due to technical issues, so I maybe should have tested at other tracks as well. But after this season I don't regret choosing the Volvo at all, so there is a good chance I’ll choose the Volvo again next season. Hopefully now I'm not the only Volvo on the grid like most races this season. I was quite surprised that the car was so unpopular this season.

RaceDepartment: Looking onward in your simracing career, what's next for you?

Peter: I am currently driving in a couple of championships: RDHGP and Simracing Team Challenge with my team RPM. I'm also driving in FSR at the moment and that is one of the greatest simracing experiences for me so far, especially because the level of the drivers is so high. It really helps me improve as a simracer. And of course when the new season of WTM starts, there is a big chance I will join again to defend my title.

RaceDepartment would like to thank Peter Duivelaar for taking the time to site down with the RD staff for this interview. Peter is not only the champion of WTM, but also of RDGTC S1, RDSTL, and he is also champion of the recently finished RDCCC S4. We wish him the best of luck in his future siming endeavors.

Huge congrats Peter! :D I feel very happy for you!

...and I'm very jealous on you that you are driving in FSR!

If you have some extra time, it would be great if you'd like to race with us in the Presto GP European Series still using the MMG mod. It's so great and such a friendly community. We do share all setups before each event so we can focus on racing - is this possible in FSR, too? :tongue:

I wish you all the best mate!

Awesome article, good insight.

It was nice racing against Peter in WTM, and ultimately he had the better strategy at Bathurst and made it a thrilling race to the end with Jesper, himself and me separated by 1.5s after 2 hours.

Well deserved championship. I'll be there in S3 to take the crown away :p

On Saturday June 4th 2011 the season closure of the RD Le Mans series will take place on french soil at the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe. You don't have to miss a minute of the 12 hours race as we will have a live broadcast starting at 13:00 GMT.

40 simracing teams have to balance speed against the cars' ability to run for 12 hours without sustaining mechanical damage to the car and manage the cars' consumables, primarily fuel, tyres and braking materials. The endurance of the drivers is likewise tested as drivers frequently spend stints of over one or two hours behind the wheel before stopping in the pits and allowing a team mate to take over the steeringwheel.

If you are a lover of LMP1, LMP2, GT1 and GT2 cars we hope to welcome you in the chatbox to watch the race with tons of other fans.

Click here to open the 12 Hours of Le Mans video stream
(courtesey of simrace.tv)

Find below two great trailers made by two of the participating teams in their preparation for the race of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes