F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

Hi!

I have Logitech Driving Force Pro and I've been struggling with configuring this wheel so that I could use buttons for breaking and accelerating since I can't customize the controls for the wheel through in game options. I'm glad it's possible to do that using this method.

I just tried editing your file but I had no luck. Is there any chance that you could help me? I'd like the accelerate button to be R2 and break button to be L2. How on earth can I do that? I tried replacing the brake command with pit limiter but after that the game wouldn't recognize the wheel.

Any help is much appreciated! :)

JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler

I use this utility for EVERY game I play that is moddable. For games like this where mods overwrite default files it is great. It will install your mods and back up the old files automatically. If you decide not to use the mod any longer it will remove it and put the original files back as they were.

First of all, get the program here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/software/products-jsgme.html (it is free, but I am sure the creator would appreciate donations if you end up using it alot.)

Install it to your F1 2010 folder.

Run it once and it will create a folder called MODS, this is where your mods will go.

Now I will use the Pro Driver View by 1nkz as an example. If you unzip the mod to your MODS folder which JSGME should have created, then navigate to that folder you will see this:
78450665.png

The name of the folder there can be anything you like, just something that tells you what mod it is. I have left it as it was named in the .rar file.

Inside that folder the mod is layed out in the same structure as the game itself (ie there is a cars folder, then in that a folder for each car, and in those the actual modded files.) Retaining this file structure is paramount as the program will basically take anything in that folder and drop it into the root F1 2010 folder while backing up anything it overwrites.

So now I have the mod extracted, now to actually put it in game. Run JSGME.exe from your F1 2010 folder. In this case, with this one mod only installed I see this:
51216294.png

I now highlight the mod in the LEFT (Available Mods) panel and click on the right facing arrow in the center. This will move the mod to the RIGHT (Activated Mods) panel.

Your mod is now in game and anything it replaced has been backed up. If you want to un-install it just move the mod back to the right and you are back to a default game.

A nice bonus to this is, it will even overwrite other mods and back them up as well. As an example: Say you have two mods that do two different things, but of their multiple files one that they overwrite is shared between both mods. If you install Mod #1 then Mod #2, that shared file from Mod #1 will be replaced my Mod #2 and backed up. This makes it very easy for the actual modders to test single files in mods in what is a stable install, without messing about.

Well that is about it, I hope I was clear and I hope it is useful. Feel free to ask any questions.

**FYI - I am not affiliated with the creator of this program at all, I have just used it in at least 10 games and think it has a place in this game with all the little mods so far. I do however know the creator from another games forum and will PM him saying I started this thread and he may want to add to it, or he may not.

Cheers!

How do you make the shadows really dark? I've installed your mod, thx but the shadows are really light.
cheers

what gamma do you use (I mean the gamma that you can adjust in graphics menu)? Do you have problems only with shadows or lighting direction also didn't change? show me a screenshot of your problem, pls

That could happen if you use dynamic weather, so while "overcast" or "light cloud" weather type shadows are semitransparent or off (only ambient occlusion shadows are on in this case) like in real life. Try clear weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back