F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

85 percent of default grip

This file gives 85% of the games default grip (on all surfaces) and gives an experience similar to iRacing / FVA levels of grip (IMO :) )

Original file included incase you don't like it

Files :

___orig__Surface_materials.xml.This is 100% grip (file came with game)

Surface_materials.xml.85% grip levels for all surfaces

Now oversteer under acceleration in low gears causes wheel spin and spins. Feels like FVA levels of grip

Put the file in the F1 2010 directory

• mppp

thanks

thank you for your work

its a good compromise and works fine on my 16:9 42" in full hd

more speed feelin and i can go closer to the monaco walls for better laptimes

nice work thanks mppp

(to sse the whole fronttires on my tracklearnpc 4:3 19" ive corected the fov +6 deg)

Ok i tested it out. The game feels more like a sim with this file, you lock wheels easier and need to work the throttle more accurately in corners too. Its a shame it can't address other problems like the auto spin recovery and the lack of steering feel because it still doesn't feel quite right. Nice to try out though thanks and hopefully as the weeks go past this will be used in a more complete community work over of the game that can fix some of the dynamic issues the handling has and unleash the potential of the game.

Thanks! :) Glad people like some colors too.

Great stuff,
looks much better, thanks!

You should document your work in some kind of tutorial.
Would love to have a description for all the parameters.

You still using hex editor?

keep it up!

Yes, still using it. The only problem was an "insert key", so if it isn't toggled, the old character replaces with a new one while correcting. I mean, if you try to edit some text after pressing "insert key", it will replace old letters. By default this feature is on in that Hex editor. That is why F1 crashes after editing this files incorrectly. Don't know if I could describe the whole bunch of parameters, cos some of them really influencing on each other. But who knows, maybe I can make some simple describtion. :rolleyes:

Great work, looks much more like a serious simulator (like FVA) and less like a bad movie. Thanks for the time and effort.

Does it influence lighting on a wet race also? I think that one is pretty good out of the box.

Looks like that it influences on wet race also, but there are a lot of parameters relating to wet weather in those files too.

PSSG Texture format

EDIT:

First version of the exporter (no import yet - coming soon) can be downloaded here:

http://www.filefront.com/17325906/pssg_converter.zip

----------------------------------------------------

Not sure if this is of interest and perhaps others are already a long way ahead of me on this, but managed to get the first pssg (ingame texture files) exported and converted to DDS. Still need to come up with a more robust conversion method as I have to manually enter binary locations but its the first step to replacing original textures with our own. Heres the UK generic helmet.

uktexhigh.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play