F1 2010 Old F1 2010 modding threads (merged)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloads: A new file has been added by System:

Realistic Onboard Cams

More Close to the real thing
and no more movement at T-cams

67576330572309.jpg

67576300911179.jpg

It let's you convert the older .xml files (presumably those carried over from Dirt 2) to a readable and editable format. To save space during the use of the files, they were "compressed" to format called binarx XML. There are however some newer files that have been compressed using a slightly different binary XML format, which this old tool can't convert. Hopefully someone will step in.

• hitman72

can you put some screen of vary fov here? just to see how are before to install. thank you and sorry for my poor english. ciao

Thanks for the new FOV files.

Does someone know how to get the hud elements to appear on the center screen when using triple screens? My hud appears way out on the far extremes of the side monitors which makes it very difficult to see during a race.

I'm using an ATI 5850 Eyefinity setup

Cheers

• Deleted member 133

Downloads: A new file has been added by shurik_spb:

2010 Monaco sun and lighting

Monaco 2010 sun orientation.
I've made few changes in lighting.xml to tweak shadows contrast, sun orientation and sky brightness in order to make it similar to real 2010 Monaco GP lighting.
There were lots of game reloads and crashes before I could inderstand which one does so or so.
Changing some of the parameters in lighting.xml causing crash. Changing any params of effects.xml also causing crash. So effects.xml is a Monza's effects file tbh.
Free Hex Editor was used as a software. Hopefully, we'll have some advanced tools for such a tweaks in future.

Installation:
backup original effects.xml and lighting.xml
copy files to:
effects.xml - C:\games\F1 2010\tracks\circuits\monaco or yours instalation dirrectory
lighting.xml - C:\games\F1 2010\tracks\circuits\monaco or yours instalation dirrectory

example:
---
shurik_spb

Let me give some feedback :) I like it ingame, maybe would like to see it with a just bit less dark shadows

There is one problem I noticed though, it is visible in your video too - the new shadows are used just for ~100 meters in front of the car, further away the old ones seem to be blending in. Sometimes you see shadows 150m ahead and when you get closer they fade away, other times you see no shadows in the distance and they suddenly blend in on the tarmac when you get closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back