(Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala

Misc (Oh So) Real Onboard Cams by shnala 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
What's with his cameras ?
I google it and I saw that this... F1 guru USES RACING LINE for his driving !?? I mean... how deal-breaking is that, do I need to ask you?? Hell... I hope my cameras (and driving style) doesn't haev anything similar with his.
For editing cameras, everything is here, just read it. :) And download.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ego-engine-app-bxml-converter.52146/
Thanks for quick reply, but sorry to be a pain but i am really lost with how to mod the cameras. i get to the point where im about to convert the camera.xml file but everytime it says fail. if you wouldnt mind could you write a step by step guide. thanks so much

Thanks for quick reply, but sorry to be a pain but i am really lost with how to mod the cameras. i get to the point where im about to convert the camera.xml file but everytime it says fail. if you wouldnt mind could you write a step by step guide. thanks so much
Sorry mate, don't have time for that. Neither did I have some "step by stap guide" from some member from here or elsewhere and look how good I turn up! :) I think on the page from where you download that program/convertor it must be some guide, right?
Very good mod! Contratulations! But I have a question... Can you add a Center-TV Cam? I'm meaning something like this: http://img.youtube.com/vi/RHJYAHNAjUs/0.jpg
I have already been asked for that and my answer is always - no. No hard feelings I hope, reason is that it's just not realistic, there's no "centered T-cam" - in F1 these days. It used to be but not now.
And I've always go for reality. Real-life, to be more precise. Hope you understand.
But, here's one free advice for you - you can do it for yourself, just read my previous post, follow the link and download that program, read tutorial and you're set to go. Good luck.

hello, first of all I want to compliment for your great job! when the new version comes out that view in the screenshot? thank you

Ok. I'll check it out.

And in the meantime.... :)
http://speedy.sh/Z6FBX/F12014-Merc-Red-v.1.3.1.rar (go for "Limited download", "Slow download")
Here's two cams, let's say v.1.3.1, work in progress, for Mercedes and Red Bull.

What is the difference instead of regular 1.3 ?
Well... have to say, and don't get angry...:geek: until now I modify T-cam by just looking at real life picture but now (BUT NOW, with capital letters!:)), and let me tell you it's really not world most interesting job (for some, that's it, for me - it's pretty much close to that:D) I edited cam, take a game screenshot, exit, edited that shot, through some filters, then lay that pic over real life pic and... (did you lost me till now?:D) and compare the differences.Then (just) repeat that for about 47 times. :inlove::thumbsup::laugh:
Of course, ther's so many trials and errors, but let me tell you... I really think, looking at two finished teams (Mercedes and Red Bull. Red Bull is maybe not entirelly finished, say 95%) that it worth it !!! Ferrari, hard to do it right, is close to finish (about 80% done) and Williams, even harder:D, is just started, some 50% done. And then I'll do the rest. Let me tell you... I need a day (don't have whole free day, ofc) for 3 or 4 teams. So, yes, this is really time consuming. But highly rewarding. For me at least.

So... without any further delay... here's two teams that I feel like I can publish.
Hope you'll like it. Naaah.... I know you will. ;) Link is on the top of the post.

edit:
I'll attach a couple of screens as soon I finis them.
Ok, here's the screens. Hope you'll understand them.
shnala_04c.jpg

shnala_05c.jpg

shnala_06c.jpg

shnala_12c.jpg

Done. :)
Have a nice weekend!

Your answer can be found on the previous page, but don't bother, I've find it for you:
...Regarding this mod... have to say... Like I already said, 5-6 post above, I started latest - true to life T-cams, but... you know... I get tired with F12014 a little (ok, not little) bit, there's so many (better?:sneaky:) games. Like Assetto Corsa say. So I'm not sure would I ever finish and publish this version. Too bad perhaps, cause it really look like real TV view. Maybe.. sometime... who knows...
See ya around.

I really like the "pod" cam, but the text at the end of session (5 min timer) is EXACTLY blocking my view on corner, so its a huge problem in Q. Is there any possibility to move it up/ make it transparent or remove it completely? Unfortunately there is no option for hide this "view-blocking bar".

You mean this one http://speedy.sh/Z6FBX/F12014-Merc-Red-v.1.3.1.rar
Well... thank you for inform me but that wasn't anyway some ...full version, it's only WIP project, and for many reason - my lack of interest in F1 2014 (read Assetto Corsa, GSCE, and some other...), some modding for above games, some real life..."projects" ;) (I mean - it's a spring after all isnt it?), lack of interest the community show for that early version (and it's quite time consuming, I'll tell you) and... let's face it.... the new game comes every year, F1 2015 even earlier, right? ...so, taking all in consider I doubt I'll finish that next one in order, 1.4 version. Maybe.... one day....

who knows.

I Love the new cameras on this, but i cant play on the one i want to (the long T-Cam) because the FASTEST LAP and SESSION TIME REMAINING annoying messages lead me to go blind into corners on almost all my qually laps and many racelaps. Do you or anyone know of anyway i can remove or reposotion these middle of the screen messages?

Mate, that's problem is reported so long ago, look for solution - mentioned here a couple pages ago.
You'll have to download one mod and I think there's a couple versions that solve this problem. Choose the one you like.

I Love the new cameras on this, but i cant play on the one i want to (the long T-Cam) because the FASTEST LAP and SESSION TIME REMAINING annoying messages lead me to go blind into corners on almost all my qually laps and many racelaps. Do you or anyone know of anyway i can remove or reposotion these middle of the screen messages?
Can't edit this post, don't know why... so here's my another post (sorry mods).
I found those links for you.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/see-through-osd-for-cockpit-cam-driving.1458/
&
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2014-sky-sports-styled-osd.3651/

I have 1 question(probably a bug) but first of all, I wanna say that this camera mod is the best out of all I've discovered, I love it. 10/10
Here's my question, why do everytime I go out of the garage, the camera is stuck with the chase cam? I can't change it.
It happens as I exit the garage, in the pit lane, and entering the pit lane.
But as soon as I exit the pit lane, the camera's fine and I can change it to any way I want.
Does this happen to everyone? Is it suppose to be like that?
It just bothers me so much that I'm stuck with the chase cam in the pit lane :(
(And yes, I did turn off pit cameras)

Sorry for late response.
If you're sure you click off pit cameras, then there's absolutelly reason for camreas to be stick with chase one. Please double check that.
I KNOW camera is stick with chase when you click "go on track" but as soon they put you on the ground you must be in a cockpit. About that that you ALWAYS stuck with chase (even when entering pits) I don't lnow what to say... I assure you I wouldn't use that big font on the front page on this pic
now_you_can_pit_with_any_cam_you_like-jpg.73879

I mean... that would be a lie. And I'm not a liar. And, believe me... you're the first one who said that he can not use and other camera ENTERING pits. I can't remember now, don't really play F1 2014 now, I think that you stuck with one camera as soon as you enter pits lane so you must choose the cam you want before that !
I hope I helped you some way. Write me, let me know is it ok now. I'll answer faster now, promise. :D

On a lighter note....
Total Downloads: 10,063
:confused:
When I started this project I'd never thought I'll go this far. It was just natural, I alwas like to edit on board cams for myself and since there's no good one for F1 2014 I choose to publish this baby.
And with ONLY THREE real updates we've gone this far ! Amazing. Thank you for your support.
One of the most DL files for F1 2014. And one of the "Top mods" also !

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back