Oculus Rift DK2.....Reiza Studios working on it?

I Hope so!! Love this sim more than any other at this time and I really hope Reiza will be able to get the DK2 to work with GSC 2013!

Iracing will have it ready to work with their sim.....so I'm really crossing my fingers on the GSC 2013 / DK2 marriage!!

Reiza....if you see this.....Please , please , please make it happen!!

Thanks for the very helpful answers Fernando. It sounds like a brilliant experience, I'll probably be unable to resist buying one eventually.
I do use driving glasses, so I am very slightly near sighted. But I am hopeful that the consumer version will cater for a wide range of lenses, it would certainly make sense to do that.

DK2 arrived last week ,only used it with project cars .
Wow - holy sh1t - amazing - stunned - shocked :)

I will NEVER go back to triple screen again ,this is a the best kit of hardware i ever bought truly amazing .
Reiza you tried the DK2 yet ? :)

hey joe, where you goin' with that gun on your head! sorry just kidding. I was always wondering. While using it are u totally isolated from real world or is there a way gear like knobs/buttonboxes etc are somehow still visible?

I love my triple screen setup for racing, and would never race without it. BUT.... to be actually IN the cockpit using VR would be amazing.

However, I have a few questions and concerns about the Rift.

One thing that bothers me is how does it work out practically? I mean, how do you see your controls in front of you? I assume it is not possible and you just have to know where they are? But I would hate to buy one of these and find that, no matter how amazing the view might be, I feel somehow 'dis-jointed' or disconnected from my steering wheel.
If any of that makes sense, can anyone that has one, or has used one, please reassure me that it is not a problem?

Also, is the headset uncomfortable or heavy? Does it cause headaches? What about people who wear glasses (which I do for driving and sim racing) ? Sorry for all the questions, but you get the idea. I am unable to find proper answers to these even on the Oculus site.

Thanks for any info :)

The DK2 is uncomfortable and a bit too heavy to me.

hey joe, where you goin' with that gun on your head! sorry just kidding. I was always wondering. While using it are u totally isolated from real world or is there a way gear like knobs/buttonboxes etc are somehow still visible?

We'll yes your kinda isolated , see for me it feels like I'm really sitting in the cockpit , it can fool your mind , it's very cool feeling lol ----open wheeler being the best ---- project cars is beautifully looking on my system it looks great with the rift ,so looking forward to GSC support .
My button boxes and switches / button on wheel are all memorised I don't need to see them -- actually I'm glad I don't see them ,that would take away from the virtual reality .

I find the DK2 very comfortable , also I find it less stressful on my eyes , a hour or two on my triple screens racing and my eyes would sting a bit , with the rift I've being on for hours racing and the eyes feel great :) .

Last edited:
I think you will need to have animated arms when DK2 support arrives ,it will look a lot better don't you think Reiza ?

any way this is sweet .

You can play any game that can be window , not VR but one big curved monitor or flat , i get to try GSC again
smile.png

[video=youtube_share;JynN5mmZ0KQ]http://youtu.be/JynN5mmZ0KQ[/video]
VR Desktop is fun .

Last edited:
Ive now done a few hours in Assetto Corsa with the DK2. Mind blowing experience, the sense of immersion is incredible. When you hold your wheel, it feels connected to the wheel in game as if you are holding the real cars wheel. Its still a bit blurry at a distance with the current resolutions though which can tire your eyes out. I had no nausea after 3/4 hours constant use. The trick is to make sure you are getting no headtracking lag.

Ive now done a few hours in Assetto Corsa with the DK2. Mind blowing experience, the sense of immersion is incredible. When you hold your wheel, it feels connected to the wheel in game as if you are holding the real cars wheel. Its still a bit blurry at a distance with the current resolutions though which can tire your eyes out. I had no nausea after 3/4 hours constant use. The trick is to make sure you are getting no headtracking lag.

I have had the same experience. LFS, AC, iRacing it all depends on how smooth and lag free it is. Currently LFS is the best in my opinion. Will be interesting to see how GSC holds up :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back