Oculus Rift DK2.....Reiza Studios working on it?

I Hope so!! Love this sim more than any other at this time and I really hope Reiza will be able to get the DK2 to work with GSC 2013!

Iracing will have it ready to work with their sim.....so I'm really crossing my fingers on the GSC 2013 / DK2 marriage!!

Reiza....if you see this.....Please , please , please make it happen!!

I suspect all developers may be waiting on some fixes from Oculus before they commit any resources to further development. Also, with some talk of further delays with CV1, there may be less incentive to make it a priority. Either way, things are really quiet on the Oculus front right now with other racing titles too.

It was not high priority before this latest development, you could say the chance is pretty much nil now.
Aaaaaaaaarrrrggggg noooooooh!!

But...Dx9 games will still work in extended mode, not in direct (i don't think i run anything in direct mode anyway). And for the consumer version
Can you please reconsider? It will boost your sales a lot! (not mine since i already own every product you ever released), but i can tell you that since i got a DK2 i only run simulators in VR mode, i know the resolution is not there yet...but the inmersion is SO good...well, you must know since you already have one.

Please, reconsider your position, please!!

We will continue to experiment with it, but it´s a case of both their technology not being mature enough yet and ours being on the verge of a substantial revamp, anything we do now will be a stopgap by default. So to be completely upfront you shouldn´t hold your breath.

Well I've enjoyed my years with GSC and so happy I've supported you guys , but because I only enjoy playing in VR now it kinda restricts my days of fun and enjoyment , GSC being in my top two sim of all time I will sadly leave it on the shelf - I so wish I never experienced the oculus rift , but I'm hooked on it now and have made my choice that VR in gaming is for me .

I hope your next game engine will be more kind to virtual reality - but I will still support Reiza and buy your products .
I hold the faith in you :)

I only enjoy playing in VR now

I am in the same boat as you. It is so inmersive that it makes it too hard to go back to triples, even with the lack of definition the current prototype suffers i feel like i am in a real car.

I am also a Reiza supporter, the revamp comment makes me drool imagining what these guys can do with a more advanced engine.

Thanks for the quick answer. Cheers :)

We will continue to experiment with it, but it´s a case of both their technology not being mature enough yet and ours being on the verge of a substantial revamp, anything we do now will be a stopgap by default. So to be completely upfront you shouldn´t hold your breath.

Thanks for the straightforward reply. I fully understand.

My only request is that you keep VR in your periphery. While we could debate whether VR will have a broader appeal, for sim racing it's going to be a homerun. It's not hard to imagine it being a transformational peripheral much like ffb wheels were.

If DX11 (or 12!) is on the table for you guys, I suggest taking it, as not to cut yourself off from what I think is going to be a big deal for sim racing.

Off topic, but are you folks still hoping to get Truck pushed out to Steam this week?

Keep up the great work. Love your sims.

Just my personal opinion. I think that the use of a variety of sim racing equipment such as, digital dashboards, button boxes, running software on tablets/phones (like sli emu, dash meter pro, etc), modified wheels pedals and shifters, custom and creative cockpit designs, triple screens, gages & gadgets, the list goes on! Having this equipment is more than enough to immerse myself in sim racing. The Oculus Rift DK2, although a great product, may very well ruin this type of immersion. It's perfect for other games like first person shooting games where as, all you have in front of you is a game controller. But having sim racing hardware and equipment surrounding you in your creative home sim racing setup, will impress you and you friends every time you look at it and/or use it. Might even find yourself looking at othet setups on youtube or right here at RD on the sim racing hardware thread, looking for ideas for yourself or just to see what others have setup! With DK2, all you really need is a unmodified (visually only atleast) wheel, pedals and shifter, a office chair, PC, modern tv/monitor and that's pretty much it. If that's what you want, then there's nothing wrong with that. But for me, I can't see myself using DK2, when there is all this sim racing equipment and hardware available.

I can't see myself using DK2, when there is all this sim racing equipment and hardware available.
It is a very valid point.
I still have my dashboard, simlight and a nice custom buttonbox but in my case, i decided it was worth to use the virtual car's equipment.
By the way...i do not think the DK2 is still worth getting rid of everything for a lot of people (and that is coming from a guy that got rid of everything for a dk2 hehe).

I will still buy Reiza products...but damn...i was so ready to seat in a truck in VR :(

Mmmm... DK2 with FTruck??? Damn, never thought of that, but that would be amazing I could imagine.

Now I'm thinking, to accommodate loosing out on sim equipment & hardware, would be absolutely sick to use the dials and buttons, as well as other stuff like opening the car door, with your own hands? Maybe have something hooked up to your hands or have gloves that have special sensors in them, which will allow the user to fully interact in the cockpit like you would in a real car! Thats when I'll be %100 blown away and maybe jump on the patty wagon with DK2

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.7%