Oculus Rift DK2.....Reiza Studios working on it?

I Hope so!! Love this sim more than any other at this time and I really hope Reiza will be able to get the DK2 to work with GSC 2013!

Iracing will have it ready to work with their sim.....so I'm really crossing my fingers on the GSC 2013 / DK2 marriage!!

Reiza....if you see this.....Please , please , please make it happen!!

We keep this clean for sure. Everyone can explain and state what he likes and what he doesn't like, there will be reasons for him. That's ok for me. I just wanted to show, that I don't agree with you. ;)

Let some years pass and I'm sure you'll need no gloves or whatever to push buttons in VR. Think of the MS Kinect and how accurate it can track your movements (it can even recognize your heartbeat, temperature).

[QUOT2, member: 177582"]We keep this clean for sure. Everyone can explain and Thanks man what he likes and what he doesn't like, there will be reasons for him. That's ok for me. I just wanted to show, that I don't agree with you. ;)

Let some years pass and I'm sure you'll need no gloves or whatever to push buttons in VR. Think of the MS Kinect and how accurate it can track your movements (it can even recognize your heartbeat, temperature).[/QUOTE]

Oh yea... Kinect... Now that would be really sick!
I just wanted to hear your thoughts/opinion. Can't wait to see what the future has for sim racing especially. Thanks bro.:thumbsup: For now, I'm old skool:cool:

Last edited:
@SOLO59, you didn't knock the DK2 , good post .

I can understand why and what you wrote , but for my own home setup that I built over the years with button boxes sim seats and lots lots more of Sim gear , I'll give up for the rift , but you still need controllable switches and buttons .

I'll do my best to explain , 2 years ago I purchased a sim F1 wheel fully customise slipro buttons dials the works , and its just fantastic it's so real looking it's got the wow factor , but 6 mounts ago I bought a very cheep 350mm wheel that cost 30euro , the amazing thing for me is when using the rift I will mostly use the very bland cheep looking wheel because it feels and looks like the one I'm using in my VR world , you see what I see is an amazing true to detail and correct wheel for that car that I'm driving at that moment .

Not seeing my wheel or button box is not a problem , buttons are all muscle memory, not seeing my new FREX SQ :) gear stick is no problem eather --- so even with the technology / the rift - I still need my button box , and when I'm finished racing I can step back and admire the setup I've created , all the stuff I have is not gone to waste I still use all the gadgets and gizmos specially when using the rift .

Edit
-----Rift DK2, although a great product, may very well ruin this type of immersion---
Has not ruin it for me ,I will still continue to buy more stuff I can't see lol .

Last edited:
I'm really crushed by Rieza's comments. Like so many others playing games with the Rift has ruined by ability to play games on a monitor.

I hope Reiza will reconsider as 1) DX9 will still be supported in extended mode. Every game I play is in extended mode at the moment since direct mode is so inconsistent and extended works well. 2) The older graphics engine actually helps since you don't need the latest/greatest card to run at decent frames. 3) I'd be willing to pay the cost of GSCE again, hell even 2x the cost just for Oculus Rift support.

At the moment iRacing is the only game that works properly with the DK2. iRacing is fantastic, but I'd love to have an offline experience to casually race. Assetto Corsa menus are pain to navigate even with OBS and I can't tune cars, RRE feels great but crashes after 5 minutes no matter what I do, PCars is all over the place with physics/AI at the moment, Grid Autosport physics are totally unbelievable (driving in the DK2 really drives that point home), and RFactor 2 is showing no signs of implementing support any time soon. Implementation in GSCE would give the game a huge advantage over the competition.

Racing sims are perfect for VR. The seated nature of the game really helps with motion sickness. Again I beg of Reiza please reconsider - I'm sure others would pay a premium for this support. Even if you can't implement the menus just being able to drive in game would be 1000% improvement. And thank you to Reiza for all their continued hard work!

Last edited:
To be clear, we´re keeping an open mind about it - we understand VR is here to stay and are excited about it, it´s just the circunstances at the moment don´t make it a prioritary front of development for the current products, so we´re not feeding people´s expectations. Better not count on it and maybe eventually be pleasantly surprised :)

To be clear, we´re keeping an open mind about it - we understand VR is here to stay and are excited about it, it´s just the circunstances at the moment don´t make it a prioritary front of development for the current products, so we´re not feeding people´s expectations. Better not count on it and maybe eventually be pleasantly surprised :)

OMG!!! It is confirmed then!!! (joking joking hehe)

Whatever you decide Reiza, count me in.

And just for the sake of this conversation we are having here, there is a big Spanish VR community, we have a pretty good website (i'm not part of the staff, just a regular visitor) and i can tell you that people there buy every thing that moves with DK2 support hehe.
People in that community are not that interested in FPS or similar, but they bought Assetto Corsa, LFS, even some iRacing accounts, and they are not sim fans, some of them do not even have wheels, but they consume VR.

Simracing is an extremely good virtual reality experience, no motion sickness at all, it is so inmersive you really feel you ARE inside a car. It works wonders with openwheelers, suddenly the sense of speed and awareness is multiplied. Well, it is clear i am in love with that technology hehe.

Anyway...i am sure that when you jump in the VR "train" it is going to be amazing, because Reiza does not do things half cocked (like others do and called it done).
Thanks for the direct communication on this matter, it is a pleasure to be one of your customers.
Cheers!

I love GSC because of the brazilian tracks... VR in direct mode is awesome (I´ve been using it with iRacing), but if you spend a little time you can manage to get a great performance with extended mode as well (did that on Kartracing-pro).

Does anyone installed Rf2Rift on GSC2013? Maybe this is the solution...

Damn... this is disappointing to read. I think neglecting rift support is really the wrong move. Sim Racing is already the perfect format for VR. The titles that support dk2 early and well are already getting massive publicity and sales boosts and this is only going to snowball more. IMO the ideal place to be would be to have your VR implementation working perfectly for CV1 release.

Whoever actually has a workable game when CV1 releases (read everything works, menus, tracking etc, the whole game) will be rolling in money. Right now, there are not any SIM titles that work perfectly, all have there quirks. (AC doesnt have menus, iracing has a goofy feeling VR implementation, havent tried LFS yet, but I will probably will buy that just to try the VR)

Meanwhile GSC, (which is my personal favorite sim) will collect dust without VR support. Hype train officially derailed.

Damn... this is disappointing to read. I think neglecting rift support is really the wrong move. Sim Racing is already the perfect format for VR. The titles that support dk2 early and well are already getting massive publicity and sales boosts and this is only going to snowball more. IMO the ideal place to be would be to have your VR implementation working perfectly for CV1 release.

Whoever actually has a workable game when CV1 releases (read everything works, menus, tracking etc, the whole game) will be rolling in money. Right now, there are not any SIM titles that work perfectly, all have there quirks. (AC doesnt have menus, iracing has a goofy feeling VR implementation, havent tried LFS yet, but I will probably will buy that just to try the VR)

Meanwhile GSC, (which is my personal favorite sim) will collect dust without VR support. Hype train officially derailed.

Let me tell you that i agree with you on almost everything with the exception of the iRacing support.
LFS and iRacing are the best racing titles (with VR support i mean) out there. iRacing works perfectly for me, at first it had bad support without positional tracking but now its 10/10, i know the resolution is still not there but the experience is really good...the same can be said about LFS...and both titles have the advantage of running with very high framerates (unless you have a really old computer or you are Darin Gangi :p )

But i think LFS and iRacing are both so different from GSC that there is no possible comparison. I mean...a simulator with amazing physics, offline championships with AI and hundreds of circuits and cars avaliable via modding...neither LFS or iRacing have those 2 last features (but are good in their own areas of course).

But for the rest of titles avaliable that can be compared to GSC...what is wrong with them?? You put the example of AC...i'd say that it is the closest thing to GSC but their VR support is so bad that it hurts.
Kunos are great at doing things halfway and say it is done. Look at their AI...wow! And Stefano is actually proud of that! And their VR support...well, the cars feel great, FOV, Scale etc... everything is right, but you can not navigate the menus unless you use OBS or run the menus on a different monitor, but once you are in the simulator, no apps for you, no chance at UI, changing car setup etc...¿Would you call that proper VR support?? And yet, people are buying it like crazy because they will buy anything VR related.

The same can be said about Project Cars for example...no menus, and laggy implementation of head tracking...and of course you have the problem with the FPS, because AC, iRacing and LFS all run great in decent computers.

I am not here to bash anyone...in fact, if any of those guys improve their vr support i will be the first guy to recommend those titles (as i already did with iRacing and LFS....again, amazing work on those titles)...but now, im sorry but i simply can't.

And that is why i was so sad when Reiza decided to not include support (undestandable of course), because it is a missed opportunity for the simracing community...Reiza does things properly, they do not launch broken titles and hope to fix it months later

I really appreciate an answer from you and I understand your choice ! But to be clear : the lack of VR is really annoying (excuse my english if it's not the good word to reflect my toughts). I play iRacing with VR and it's so awesome, it makes very difficult to play with others games, as good as they can be ! Therefore, I hope to see a VR support on GSC soon :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back