Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

Maybe i have resolved the problem, because i have done the Mini enduro without problem

This is what i have done:
-Boot into normal mode.
-Uninstall your current nVidia Display Drivers.
-Restart the PC, this time booting into Safe Mode.
-Once in Safe Mode, run Driver Sweeper (google it, quick and easy program to download), and do analyse and clean only for "Nvidia display driver"
-After Driver Sweeper has finished its process, restart again.
-Boot into normal mode.
-Install this driver
lwin.gif
XTreme-G 180.42 Vista 64bit and restart one last time, again booting into normal mode

PS: in the control panel of the video card, i have also disable the PhysX gpu acceleration.

If you haven't Vista 64 you can find this 180.42 driver for others op on this site http://www.tweakforce.com/
into the download section.

I hope it can help you!

Yes, mate :thumb:

I did that on the 169.25's anyway, as a preventative meausre, went to the new drivers, made sure they hadn't changed the settings - bang! errors during a race.

169.25 are my safe haven drivers - never really had an issue with them. They didn't even flinch during the Eliminator on Saturday.

I make sure the power settings are in Downham-mode by default now anyway. :)

NVidia has this problem since their Crysis-fix rush last year. All drivers I tested from that moment on crashed my ISI-based games at random times :)

Tested on 8800GTS, 8800GTS Sli, 9800GTX.

Since I had enough of this Bul#$%^ I switched to the more stable ATI 4xxx card. No single crash (knock knock) since then.

This problem seems to have resurfaced for me over the last week ... not changed any drivers or anything of that ilk so it would seem the regular windows update might have stiffed me here.

Had 1 x PC crash and 2 x driver crashes in last week :Cry:

Off to try some new drivers and the DirectX update to see what happens after that.

Signed
Most disgruntled :wink:

I found that if I ignore the problem it goes away :) Highly technical! seriously though it really is starting to anoy me, and makes me loose concentration near the end of a race hoping I dont get a screen freeze. Some clever clogs please work this out. didn't buy a gtx280 to freeze up everywhere.

I installed the DirectX updates and nvidia beta 180.43 graphics drivers the other day after posting this up ... lets see huh ... so far its been good, but that is probably tempting fate.

Also kinda hard to ignore when your screen goes blank and you end up in a wall during an online race ... feel even worse if I took someone with me :eek:

Since changing my power save settings all was well, then installed nvidia update and BAM!! screen freeze hell, every 20 mins again!!!!!!:disapointed:

Decided to try something different so downloaded the old 2006 175.16 driver and start from scratch.:eat:

Hey presto!! last night was online racing for 4 hours without a single stutter never mind screen freeze. :music2:

Heavan is an old nvidia driver!:beer::kissing::beer:

No probs for me with 180.43 beta save the odd flicker, rumour has it 180.44 will be WHQL, fingers crossed the Microsoft/Nvidia alliance don't bash their heads together to bu**ger it up again.:pissed-off:

EDIT: One complaint with 180.43 - rubbish TV playback!

It's strange though I don't have many problems with Nvidia cards on ISI games while I did have quite allot on my old 3870 before I got rid of it, but there's lots of reports with problems with Nvidia drivers on ISI games so obvious there is issue's or something, (maybe more to do with the game engine?) but overall on techy forums there's more people complaining about ATi drivers in other games and less with Nvidia cards but it's the opposite with ISI based games. :chuck:

Anyway am not helping , just hope people have better luck with whatever they do :)

Stuart ... you tried the MS updating for DirectX as per Marcel's link in the other thread round here?
(sorry to hear about you missing out on your win too sir!)

I read a few bits and pieces here and there tonight where ppl are suggesting that it is directx at fault and not Nvidia drivers ... give it a try, can't be any worse eh?

TBH -- since I updated mine, I have had no problems ... not tested in full on anger tho I do have to admit.

The other thing I am 99% sure I experienced and also read about tonight is that ppl are blaming their issues with not changing any drivers or settings at all, clock speeds, etc remain the same ... the only change to their system is the MS definitions updates for windows defender!!

This is a mysterious one indeed ... I was trouble free for months, like I said, no system or driver changes, then suddenly last week I got it coming back for no apparent reason :Cry:

Yes mate - tried everything.

It's not over heating or anything either - I went straight into the Cat server with Andrew and Ben last night after the Glen Watkins (crazy course, crazy guy) debacle so there was enough heatsoak to cause it to happen straight away - I was getting freezes while sitting in the pits, but 1 soft reboot later (not even a powerdown), back into the Cat server - No problems.

It's almost like there's a duration thing - I was on the server last night for the best part of an hour before practice started - so thats, say, 45 mins + 60 mins + 15 mins + 25 mins of the race - so, about 2.5 hours worth.

I'm going to have a got at the Cats tonight, but I'll reboot during practice to make sure. First time I get a freeze, though, I'm outta there. I'm not going to ruin someone elses race on the offchance.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 68 29.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 47 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 46 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 28 12.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.1%