Nvidia Video Cards + Drivers

I ran them in the 70% wet Mini's tonight for a couple of hours and not one single stutter was to be seen ... was monitoring with 2nd screen with Riva Tuner and had a solid 60fps all night (vsynch enabled) ... lets hope they stay that way :good:

Also went for a session at Brno ... did probably an hour or so there, no problems there except either I or someone else was lagging badly ...

If this trend continues ... melikey!!

EDIT: Yet to test all the SLI and overclock stuff

Well, no graphics driver or PC crash in the 80 minute, 70% wet mini race tonight with a jam packed field or 30 I think it was ... had some stutter issues initially, but that was unrelated - found and fixed that and all fine afterwards :D

Daily Update
Tonight:
Online 5hours 52mins
Screen stutters = 0
Screen Freeze = 0
Still running smooth and sweet.

Gonna try it tomorrow without stopping services.

LOL ... last 3 or 4 WHQL drivers I have tried have died in no time, been running on betas for a long time now - this one seems a beauteee though ... touch wood!

It also has dual view enabled in SLI mode - been waiting for this since I run dual view and as of a month or so ago, I have had 2 x 512MB 8800GT's :D

When I get round to testing that out properly, I will let you know how it goes :good:

Yoi!

I seem to remember seeing a driver reinstalling guide somewhere but I can't find it anywhere?

These drivers seem pretty stable so I'll give them a go but going to make sure I reinstall them properly :D

Yoi!

I seem to remember seeing a driver reinstalling guide somewhere but I can't find it anywhere?

These drivers seem pretty stable so I'll give them a go but going to make sure I reinstall them properly :D

The way I do it is as follows:

1)Download new drivers
2)Uninstall old drivers from add/remove programs
3)Restart
4)Run Driver Sweeper and clean Nvidia files
5)Install new nvidia drivers and follow instructions

PC won't start

Installed the new 180 driver last night before the mini race last night, no problems with 25+ mini in the wet happy days.

Turn on the PC this morning gets through to the start up screen then monitor turns black no response. tried a couple of times same thing gets to desktop the screen turns black.

Start up in safe mode, roll back the drivers and voila, PC up and running again. Very strange. I'll stick to the 175 for now.

Any idea's why this could be happening?

The way I do it is as follows:

1)Download new drivers
2)Uninstall old drivers from add/remove programs
3)Restart
4)Run Driver Sweeper and clean Nvidia files
5)Install new nvidia drivers and follow instructions

Installed the new 180 driver last night before the mini race last night, no problems with 25+ mini in the wet happy days.

Turn on the PC this morning gets through to the start up screen then monitor turns black no response. tried a couple of times same thing gets to desktop the screen turns black.

Start up in safe mode, roll back the drivers and voila, PC up and running again. Very strange. I'll stick to the 175 for now.

Any idea's why this could be happening?

Try Oliver's suggestion above ... do a couple of reboots to check it is OK.
Sounds to me like something didn't quite go in right.

BTW ... I rarely do the driver sweeper thing when upgrading my Nvidia driver versions (new files overwrite old ones and the installer should take care of any known wayward ones so I don't really see the point) - I only use it if I actually come across any issues ... which tbh I have not had so often in the past 8 or 10 years (plus??) of running Nvidia drivers and cards, and I have tested LOTS of betas :wink2:

Reinstalled them, didn't use driver sweep (like you lee I've never used it in 10 yrs) done a few reboots (soft and hard) and seems to be ok. Proof in the pudding will be tomorrow when I turn it on again.

Keep ya posted

I have a GS7900 but after last update am a bit iffy about trying this.

Specially as I have not had any problems with services stopped.

Daily Update
Today: All Services Running
Online 22mins
Screen stutters = 6
Screen Freeze = 2
Nightmare, can`t be bothered at the moment to see which service or services are causing this so it`s batch file for me from now on.

Today: Services Stopped
Online 6 Hours 14 mins
Screen stutters = 0
Screen Freeze = 0

Well i am convinced!!!!:dance2::laugh2::highfive::clap:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 29 15.9%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 23 12.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 24 13.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Saturday

Votes: 100 54.9%