Nordschleife - shimmering trees

Sendust78

1RPM
Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the trees around the Nordschleife. I have tried nearly every graphic setting both on screen and in VR and I can't get rid of those shimmering trees.

Every other track is working just fine (I use Content Manager, Sol and custom shader patch).

As I can't upload a video here is a link to see it in action : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9oe7mya2pm4i4r/IMG_6128_3.mov?dl=0

Many thanks for your advice !

Cheers,
Luc

mooneyman

25RPM
Sep 17, 2017
Hi
Not sure if will help (but you can try for nothing!) ,but I had an issue with flickering shadows and I unticked the "Occasionally refresh static shadows " box on the weather FX section of the custom shader settings,this cured my flickering shadows,it may help your trees....just an idea .

Last edited:

mdupuis13

25RPM
Premium
Jul 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the trees around the Nordschleife. I have tried nearly every graphic setting both on screen and in VR and I can't get rid of those shimmering trees.

Every other track is working just fine (I use Content Manager, Sol and custom shader patch).

As I can't upload a video here is a link to see it in action : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9oe7mya2pm4i4r/IMG_6128_3.mov?dl=0

Many thanks for your advice !

Cheers,
Luc
Hi, I have exactly the same behavior, with the same apps.

Makes for interesting laps, but I'd rather have stable looking trees.

Good racing,
Martin

Flibbberflops

100RPM
Jun 17, 2017
I had this, from a process of elimination I found it was the shared patch causing the issue (remove Sol and it still does it - remove shader patch, it stops). For me I fixed the problem by installing the latest Shader patch (as in the highest you can go above the recommended 140)

Reactions: jordy1005

Pharelian

1RPM
Jan 27, 2019
Hi. It's been bothering me too since few months back and only now I've managed to fix mine - By downgrading the custom shader files. Via CM: Settings>Custom Shader Patch>About&Updates choose 0.1.25-preview49. If via manual route- go to https://trello.com/b/xq54vHsX/ac-patch, download 0.1.25-preview49 and replace the files. Hope these helps.

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014

Djshio

1RPM
Aug 31, 2019
Peter,
I have a problem that just started. I use CM and Sol. On the Monza track, the sky has a dark band with a red stripe in it that is low on the horizon. It is constantly there. Is this problem similar to the trees on the Nordschiefe track?

Peter Boese

1000RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2014
Peter,
I have a problem that just started. I use CM and Sol. On the Monza track, the sky has a dark band with a red stripe in it that is low on the horizon. It is constantly there. Is this problem similar to the trees on the Nordschiefe track?
Hi,
You need the CSP config files for correct integration:
1573845909666.png

Djshio

1RPM
Aug 31, 2019
Thanks, I followed your recommendation but It didn't resolve the issue. The red band is till there. Anything else that I could try?

Djshio

1RPM
Aug 31, 2019
I tried this but it didn't resolve the issue. I have a red band all around the horizon of the sky. Is there anything else that I could try to fix this?

Thanks much for your help.