Nordschleife - shimmering trees

Hi
Not sure if will help (but you can try for nothing!) ,but I had an issue with flickering shadows and I unticked the "Occasionally refresh static shadows " box on the weather FX section of the custom shader settings,this cured my flickering shadows,it may help your trees....just an idea .

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the trees around the Nordschleife. I have tried nearly every graphic setting both on screen and in VR and I can't get rid of those shimmering trees.

Every other track is working just fine (I use Content Manager, Sol and custom shader patch).

As I can't upload a video here is a link to see it in action : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9oe7mya2pm4i4r/IMG_6128_3.mov?dl=0

Many thanks for your advice !

Cheers,
Luc
Hi, I have exactly the same behavior, with the same apps.

Makes for interesting laps, but I'd rather have stable looking trees.

Good racing,
Martin

I had this, from a process of elimination I found it was the shared patch causing the issue (remove Sol and it still does it - remove shader patch, it stops). For me I fixed the problem by installing the latest Shader patch (as in the highest you can go above the recommended 140)

Peter,
I have a problem that just started. I use CM and Sol. On the Monza track, the sky has a dark band with a red stripe in it that is low on the horizon. It is constantly there. Is this problem similar to the trees on the Nordschiefe track?

Peter,
I have a problem that just started. I use CM and Sol. On the Monza track, the sky has a dark band with a red stripe in it that is low on the horizon. It is constantly there. Is this problem similar to the trees on the Nordschiefe track?
Hi,
You need the CSP config files for correct integration:
1573845909666.png

I found what the problem is: in Customer Shaders Patch - Track Adjustments. Deselect "trees receiving per-vertex shadows" and "Trees A2C dithering". It's been annoying me for ages. This will stop the trees just a little in front of you on the track suddenly changing exposure or colour every couple of seconds.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years