No FFB after 1.8 update

the problem is still not fixed for me . after closing the game all ffb settings get lost,
next time before playing acc I have to disconnect the wheel before starting acc and connecting while acc is running. Then it works until I close ACC.
Thrustmaster T500RS actual firmware v47
im using t500rs too, can i see your package ttrs ? i was attach mine
if your still in package ttrs 1 maybe u can update driver here : https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/product/t500rs-en/

Attachments

• image_2021-11-26_194848.png
    image_2021-11-26_194848.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 83
Mmmm, wheels from multiple different manufacturers affected... hard to believe that any of the users are to blame (or firmware/drivers etc.). Sounds like a 1.8.1 is gonna be required. With any luck it won't take long.

No I didn't archieved my package. But the attached Pic shows what the Thrustmaster software knows about my wheel.
There is a newer driver version for the wheel, but for the 3.TTRS.2021 like on your picture. Mine is 1.TTRS.2021 . So I'm not sure to use it...any recommandations?

thank you

Attachments

• T500RS.JPG
    T500RS.JPG
    10.8 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
after reading in discussions about the game on steam I found a new way...but without succes. I used a Logitech Wingman Formula FFB from 2002 or so (very old) before now. So the old wheel was still in my windows regestry . I've searched and found some entrys and deleted them....but without succes...

After this I deinstalled the Thrustmaster driver and installed the version I asked for in a earlyer post today.
what should I say...IT WORKS...
I thought the pic from amm95fx was a build-nr or version-nr. of the wheel , but 3.TTRS.2021 is the driver version for T500RS

I repeated a new start of the game 2 times, both , with display and with VR. ATM the ffb works for me. Hopefully this guide helps you to solve it and we'll see on the track

I lost FFB on my TS-PC Racer as well after the update. Restarted the game about 20 times, re-assigned all controls, unplugged and replugged the wheel, updated drivers to the 3.TTRS.2021 package and firmware to v13...none of that worked.

I finally solved it by deleting the controls.json and ffbUserSettings.json files from my Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config folder, restarting the game and reloading one of my custom controller profiles.
FFB is back now.

I haven't got this problem. But knowing in 1.8 the FFB frequency has been raised from 333hz to 400hz, that would be the first thing I'd check. Especially because more brands have the same problem and this is the only communication from PC to USB device, all other devices communicate from USB to PC.

In contols.json there is "forceFeedbackIntervalSteps": 0. You could try so change it to the old 333, I think 0 is the default value, which from now on is 400hz. Could be a miccommunication if your wheel doesn't support 400hz communication. Updating firmware might solve it as well.

I haven't got this problem. But knowing in 1.8 the FFB frequency has been raised from 333hz to 400hz, that would be the first thing I'd check. Especially because more brands have the same problem and this is the only communication from PC to USB device, all other devices communicate from USB to PC.

In contols.json there is "forceFeedbackIntervalSteps": 0. You could try so change it to the old 333, I think 0 is the default value, which from now on is 400hz. Could be a miccommunication if your wheel doesn't support 400hz communication. Updating firmware might solve it as well.
None of this is true, don't do that.

Either remove your controls.json and ffbUserSettings.json from the ACC/Config folder as suggested above and let them regenerate or try the following workaround from another user:
  1. Start ACC without wheelbase switched on.
  2. Start a game, then turn on the wheelbase.
  3. Go to options -> Controllers. Press the refresh button on the top left side

Either remove your controls.json and ffbUserSettings.json from the ACC/Config folder as suggested above and let them regenerate or try the following workaround from another user:
Thank you, this works!

That's not how "interval" works.
If it was called "something FREQUENCY something" then yes.. you'd put numbers like 333 or 400 in there... but this is an "IntervalSteps".

It sets the number of physics steps that will "skip" the FF update. So 0 will go at whatever frequency the physics engine runs be that 333 or 400.
"1" means one physics step will update the FF and one won't.. thus halving the actual FF frequency... "2" means FF update - no FF update - no FF update.. and so on.
By putting 333 in there you will basically update FF 1 time every 334 physics update... so once a second :D, good luck driving the car with that :p

If anyone is interested this is how I'm currently getting my CSL DD to work:

3. Go to options -> Controllers. THEN I LOAD MY CUSTOM PROFILE I SAVED FOR MY CSL DD

Last edited:

Wow, that worked. Thanks!
(Heh, didn't knew that I've been away from ACC that long, but apparently not raced since 1.8, which I don't quite fathom)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back