AC Nissan Primera @ Brands Hatch indy Wed 26th Nov

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RACE RESULTS
rd_result.png

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this race! Short track but these corners are tricky to get right (if anyone has found the apex(es?) at the last corner let me know, I'm still searching for it :p).
@Geoffroy Tassenoy: looks like was a bit laggy and you pushed me by accident, thanks for waiting.
@Simon Knight: Two races in a row now: looks like I'm destined to follow you without being able to pass :) Nice race, sorry for the push: I was on the inside, and a bit of lag was enough to suddenly move the car a few meters :(

Thanks to all the admins and other players tonight, really enjoyed it - First online event with RaceDepartment. My thoughts on proceedings (Great wall o' text lol)...

Despite it being a (Very) small track, the practise session was OK. Enough room to push the car and get some space to put in some quick lap times. Before long it was qualifying, I didn't go out in this session until about 4 mins to go and even then it was only to put in 1 lap time. I had already decided I would prefer to go off the back-ish of the grid rather than mid-pack (In the end I don't think I could have got much higher anyway). 14 of 16 was to be my starting position

just before the start of the race I had a check of the tyre settings/fuel and noticed the game reported I only had enough fuel for 6 laps. Hastily, I added a full tank which was apparently 17 laps worth. This turned out to be a mistake on the game's part as I would have been fine with my original amount. It was rather annoying as it meant my original strategy was out the window, but never mind. The actual start from 14th on the grid was steady, after all races can't be won on the first lap! The slight collision on the second corner meant a few places gained, and no damage. After that it was a case of slowly increasing my speed and trying to keep it on the island. I can't remember what lap it was (Possibly around 5?) I was following the green Havoline car (Don't know name, sorry) and going into the final bend he ran wide. For some reason I followed, but didn't go off as bad and kept my place - Only losing a few tenths. By now, I had realised that the fuel was not going down as quickly as the game expected. I was trying to figure out a new strategy but had to focus more on consistency to keep my place.

I pitted around lap 17, just after I had been passed by a red Matt Neal car. This was my first pitstop online, and got slightly caught out by the menu popping up when you are stopped. Never the less, I changed over to hards and went back out. I was in dead last (16th), but had clear track in front and behind (More important, didn't want to get in anyone's way). From there it was a case of making sure the car stayed on the black stuff and putting in consistent lap times. As others made their stops the places started tumbling. In the last 5 laps or so there was the slightly laggy red Matt Neal car in the distance. I was trying hard to catch it up but the tyres seemed to be going off by now, especially going into Paddock Hill it could really get the back end out. By the time lap 30 rolled around, I was in 7th and very pleased with that. Although more importantly for me, the car was un-damaged.

So, when's the next one?! :laugh:

@Mathias André
Because sometimes pictures speak more than words.

I was trying to keep carefull since your were jumping all around from the beginning, but still not enough obviously... And, I didn't notice it with other people, but I didn't race with all of the fellow.
Sorry for that anyway, it has penalized both our races.

I start to like this BTCC series :thumbsup:

See you next... Donington maybe? :whistling:

Went thru the replay up and down a lil bit, man it does look good. It also looked so good in training chasing all the cars around. Anyway if I'm allowed to post a link here :
DA37AD8299E4F500E4CBB678247A30A9B62094B7
<< for start of race image before the t2 braking. There is a term we usually call overaggressive drivers. And everyone likes the attitude which RD supports excluding overaggression. So I think you made perfect choice starting the race. I just had some shorter gears and quicker reaction on the start Nath.

Also, I just tried ur set Nath and I knew my set was lacking some pace in t3. In the race I thought it was me being uncomfortable with sitting on RHS of the car, but it was the mass positioning via springs as it was a downhill turn in. Relatively new car to me, so I'm still learning. Thanks for that.

edit: Hope you don't mind me sorting that for you Niki:thumbsup: Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Si
No probs Niki. I'm still very much learning race craft both in passing and defending which is why I asked your thoughts. I think by the time I decided to try and defend it was too late. I should have headed straight for the inside after t1 as I knew you would be quicker from having a better line in front the start. The first 10 laps were great and I think I was slightly quicker but no way to pass safely. I pitted early to try and jump you in the pitstops but that was wasted when I crashed on my outlap. This left me 5th after the pits but managed to get back up to 3rd.
really enjoying these cars and always seem to produce close racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back