rF2 [Night Race] Touring Masters @ Montreal 1988 - Wednesday 16th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I had a decent qualy, considerin my limitations. Did a 1.50:0xx, which was my best lap in that track. Still way slower than the fasatest guys, but, well, I didn't drive these cars until tuesday morning, one day before the race, so I think it was a positive result.

In the race, well, it was nearly impossible to dive in the first 2 laps. My fps fell down to 4-5 fps in the start! I couldn't see anything , neither have control of my car properly. So I was just too slow in the first corners, which may have caused some accidents behind me. In the lap 3 or 4, I hit Chris hardly in the last chicane. Sorry about that, mate. Just couldn't avoid it. After that, I just struggled to bring my ca to the checkered flag. Finished in 12th, I guess, out of 15 that finished the race.

After that, I decided to not to run race 2, since I wouldn't be able to make a proper start and proper first laps. I realized, after the race, my rF was running on high video settings, althugh it was in DX7. I though I put it down before the race, as I knew it was in the night and the fps's would fall down cause of that, but I just forget to do it. It seems I'm getting old and forgetting too many things lately, lol.

Anyway, that was fun, although I struggled a lot. I'm sorry if I caused troubles to any of you.

Cheers! ;)

Anyone having difficulties in night races should do the following :
Locate your PRL file in your rFactor directory - UserData\MyProfile\MyProfile.plr and open it with NotePad.
Then search for the following :
Max Headlights
... and ...
Headlights On Cars
It should be changed to the following :
Max Headlights="3" // Max headlights visible relative to your car.
Headlights On Cars="1" // Headlights illuminate other cars.
I did that and the FPS drop at the start of the races was gone. I even ran the game in DX9 mode (to be able to see the Merc's textures).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back