rF2 [Night Race] Touring Masters @ Montreal 1988 - Wednesday 16th February 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Scary, I watched my hotlap (1:47.6) to see what do I do wrong usually when I'm about 1,5 seconds slower than I was in that 1 lap, and I found that I even made a huge mistake in that one! How the hell it's possible then?:D Maybe I brake too much or I really don't know! Anyways this track is really hard and that'll make this race really exciting imo! Can't wait to get on the grid:)

I can't believe this! It just dropped me back into the pits from the grid with a DQ! Anybody has an idea what happened there?
I just went to the grid, pushed clutch button set to my wheel and switched to 1st. Should I stay in neutral on the grid? (it wasn't a problem in my first 2 race events but maybe?)

You were right, it was the lights! Don't know how did I forget it, as you say it gave me a message in race 2 (so it must have gave me one in race 1 too) about it, and if I did not practice this start a 100 times with the AI... Ahh... Tonight I messed up everything for myself, hopefully I'll have better luck next time:) Maybe it is that I was too excited at the start:)
Race 2 provided some nice fighting at least until I ran into walls. I love this mod:)

Jay - Really sorry mate didnt see you in mirror at all.

Good race made a few mistakes R2 when others were passing sorry to any affected. Car felt great tonight learnt some new stuff with setup :).

Thanks Adam for the event and Ryan for the mod love it.

Some great racing tonight as usual....

Special mention to Chris Butcher!
What a move, 2nd race, a few laps in.....
There were 3 of us together coming past the wall of champions, maybe giving each other more space than we needed to through the chicane.

WHo comes hurtling through past the lot of us.... Chris Butcher :roflol:

Superb move, cheeky git :wink:

Well, that was some night :D
Q1 : I never had a chance to make a clean lap. Everyone was just overtaking me left and right.
R1 : I jump-started ! LOL ! Had to go thru the pits. Everything was well after that, until I stepped on some grass and went violently into the wall. Had to pit in to repair the Beemer, coz my front right tire was overheating like crazy. That got me lapped. I tried to make way for the guys lapping me and I thought I did a good job. Hopefully noone got distracted by the slow BMW that they were overtaking. Dead last, but good fun.
R2 : This time I started properly, but the guy infront of the guy that was infront of me (ugh, complicated, my head hurts now) didn't had the best starts, so there was a bit of bumper kisses exchanged. Nothing serious thou. I quickly dropped to the back of the grid and had a race with myself. I think I've wasted way too much time testing different cars for this race. In the end I came nowhere near my best practice times of 1:51.- with pretty much all cars I've driven.
Hopefully for the next one I'll be more focused on practicing, then choosing cars. But I'm seriously considering a change towards the Merc or the Supra. That M3 ... is great, but there's just something lacking in it.
Anyways - was great fun and honor racing you guys ;) Till next time !

Quali:
could only manage a 1.49.2 so started well down the order.

R1:
Got a good start, however Rauno didnt and ended up in the back of him, Then Someone else into the back of me hard which spun me round resulting in me rejoining from the back. The cars were very closely packed on the grid which reults in little to no reaction time if the car in front has "issues".
Fortunatley, had no real damage other than cosmetic so pressed on with a damage limitation excersize but still had some good battles along the way. finished 11th I think.

R2:
Was behind Rauno and got a better start but had nowhere to go so had to slow which again resulted in a car going into the back of me (no problem, like I said no reaction time if this happens). was able to continue this time in the right direction :)
Tried to keep it clean as much as I could, got a fright when I saw Adam Spralled across the middle of the track out of T2 but he was still going off so managed to avoid.
Settled in behind Chris for the first half of the race with the second half in a battle with Jay. Tried an ambitious move into the last corner but got too deep and he came back on the staright. It came down to the last lap and he got out of shape in the back straight chicane which gave me 7th to finish.
Not too bad, finished both races with a top 10 in R2 :)

thx for organising Adam and RD for host.

Gratz to the winners and podium.

Nightmare of an evening that was. The car was worse than Bambi on ice.

Q1: Never got a good lap in, only managed one timed lap at the end which I screwed up early on but kept going to gain a couple of spaces on the grid. Was P9 but over a second slower than PB.

R1: Made a good start and was up to 6th. Had some good battles especially as Toby was holding everyone up. Made my way up to 4th before Juha got past me and then halfway in I forgot about the chicane on the back straight. Too used to driving the newer layout and was taking the line for that. Slammed on my brakes but still hit the wall. Jay did very well to read what was happening and was able to avoid. By the time I got going again another couple of cars got past and I ended up going off again to drop me to 10th.

R2: Made another good start from P10 this time and was 6th by turn 1. I was trying to go around the outside of Tommi and Evgeniy at turn 2 but made a meal of it and spun in front of everyone (sorry to those it affected). Got going again miles off the back and slowly reeled in a few people. Had a very near miss with a recovering Lee at turn 1 which then led to 10 minutes of fighting between the two of us. He got past me after I ran wide through turn 9 on lap 7 which then led to a synchronised slide between the two of us at turn 10 on the following lap. Lap 8 and he made a mistake in turn 10 to allow me through back into 9th. Lap 10 and he got a run out of me at turn 10 and had the inside for the curve up to the hairpin, but I had the power and the inside for the hairpin. I braked as late as I dared and overshot slightly, Lee darted back up the inside and we had a bit of a squeeze with the old pit wall. We went through the chicane on the back straight one behind the other and Lee made a slight mistake on the exit to allow me through before the final chicane. As I was on the inside for the chicane, I had to go slower through it and also made another mistake which allowed Lee back through. Lap 11 and final lap, I ran onto the grass in the braking zone for turn 3 and spun allowing Rauno through, however I got the place back again when he spun on start/finish straight so another 10th for me.

The car was useless tonight, I was sliding through every corner whether it was the front end or the back end. Apologies for anyone I may of interfered with because of this.

Thanks for racing guys :)

Some great racing tonight as usual....

Special mention to Chris Butcher!
What a move, 2nd race, a few laps in.....
There were 3 of us together coming past the wall of champions, maybe giving each other more space than we needed to through the chicane.

WHo comes hurtling through past the lot of us.... Chris Butcher :roflol:

Superb move, cheeky git :wink:

Haha thanks. I nearly didn't have enought room, I'll upload a vid of it :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back