PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
The Project CARS hate train is in full force now!

This has nothing to do with hate. Mind you, I played PC2 quite a bit recently and while it wouldn't be fair to hate on the game, it leaves alot to be desired and there is no area where I say - that's it, you can't do better, not even the graphics. Tbh, I would like to see some more time invested into that game and stuff fixed before he makes those silly claims on twitter. At this point I can only laugh about that nonesense and I kind of feel sorry for Reiza. It will give them the opportunity to earn lots of money, but I don't see them succeeding on the sim sector and sticking true to their principles while cooperating with such a person. :)

I haven't bought any of the first 2 because they aren't sim.
if 50% more realistic is part of the 200%, I'll go for it.

But Ian is putting himself in high danger by being that muchoptimistic.

Well its so sad that under every Sim Article on Racedepartment their is just a lot of hate in the comments. Comparing titles instead be thankfull for the variety;) I really dont get it. Its like in a Bar with a couple of bitter dudes who talks if a BMW or a Mercedes is better even though they both outdated in just 7 years;) C'mon guys....you are only mad on every Sim because your expectations are too high and because tastes are different. Simple as that. And now it will rain a lot of thumbs down but I think I deserve it;)

The association with Reiza is a win/win, as Project Cars receives proper FFB and Reiza receives Live Track and Project Cars Tire modelling. I’m optimistic for both companies new releases.
I second that:)...and as a personal opinion only, these 2 Sims PC3 and AMS2 could be the 'Holy Grail' of Racing Sims.:inlove:.... all Mr Bell needs now is the damage model from 'Wreckfest', then...Holy mother of Gud, total awesomeness ensues.

I quite like PCars 2 and genuinely think it gets an absurd amount of hate undeservedly...but I also think it would be better for the franchise if Ian Bell refrained from his over-the-top praise of his own product.

There's a saying in my country: self praise stinks.

(But I also suspect he's doing this precisely because he knows what the response will be, and just can't help himself.)

I've had experiences in PC2 that are as good as I've had in any sim. Really.

I've also experienced things in this very same sim that are head scratchingly bad.

The whole thing nets out to a solid experience. I could say the same about 3 or 4 other sims. What's different with PC2 is Ian's bluster. He really does not do himself or his product any favors with this kind of bluster, because people (rightfully) call his bluff and end up (rightfully) very frustrated with the gap between the hit-and-miss sim they are experiencing and the promises laid down by Ian.

If he could approach us with a little more humility, I think it would go a long way. Frankly, we give every other sim dev a very wide berth - missed dates, features that weren't quite as described (or that never materialize), bad menus, etc, etc.

Agree with above poster. I find LMP2s in pcars2 with modded ffb to be better than rFactor 2 LMP2 car. And last weekend had an amazing SPA GT3 race in the Porsche and another one with the Lotus 72D at Brands Hatch!

Then I tried (again) the formula A... ooooohhh boy... What a disappointment.

Mr Bell, you are so full of it, "200% better already", if you had taken the time to make PC2 50% better than where you dumped it cold and broken on the tarmac, you wouldn't need to be hyping your next title so early in the build. You wonder why you generate so much hate, maybe we the sim-racers are fed up with your constant bull-shite and big-noting of a product that seems great on the surface but when you dig down it's really buggy in many area's. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as you fix them and not drop the title and say we're done, on to the next money spinner PC3, I refuse to buy this next release from SMS, because, if the past is anything to go by, I put zero value in any verbal diarrhea that spills forth from Mr Bells potty mouth.

Fix the default FFB, fix the AI, fix the quality consistency issues between cars, and fix the visual glitches. Those were the major areas of concern that I noted came up again and again.

Should've been done for PC2 but whatever if you outdo yourself with new features and content then PC3 might be worth it but not without the fixes.

Bonus Points: iRacing/SRS-like Multiplayer Infrastructure

My prediction: PC2 is what PC1 should have been. PC3 will be what PC2 should have been...and PC4 will be what PC3 should have been.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 11 6.8%