PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Slightly Mad Studios coming up with nice graphics. Been there seen that. How does the cars handle is the real question?

PCars2 did look good no question there but it is the handling that makes or break a title. I hope that Ian Bell can understand that the third time around.

As such, I am much more excited about AMS2 than Pcars3.

So, first wait until Reiza fixes the physics/FFB of the Madness engine in AMS2 and then copy/paste it in PC Revolution? Now I understand why he said AT LEAST 200% better!!:D Makes me wonder about the deal between SMS and Reiza as well? That’s also what stopped me to jump on the AMS2 train already, and I really like Reiza (bought all their games/DLC up till now).

Its always at least "evolution" if not "revolution" when new game is about to come out.
I thought they said before that this game will go more toward arcade so... can't see how it can be 200% better. Maybe 200% more arcade, that I can imagine.

I don't believe a single word coming from any SMS employee or "ambassador " anymore.
You have lost your credibility in representing an actual state of your game with the release of pcars 2 and what it should have been, said by yourself and what it clearly was not.

If you're so proud of your product, let it speak for itself and stop creating those shitty hype trains that will eventually backfire for you anyway.

Nobody:
Not even a living soul:
Ian Bell: The next Project CARS is going to....

exactly like that madbox console thing announcement!
i actually like PC1 more than PC2 (maybe just because it was my first game with wheel) and i hope for a better product but...

Last edited:
First of all, those who are not interested in PC3 can go post somewhere else, you don't need to hate a product that doesn't even exists and we don't care if you won't play it.

Secondly, Ian Bell, please don't try to sell your product like a teleshop salesman....PC2 was a big improvement on the first one and had some good ideas (and some horrible bugs too), but a much more detailed, humble announcement would be preferred by the community, because of the past you have....

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%