Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

hello everyone! Found this thread.... Shouldn't we have a sticky or similar with the best settings for each sim? Maybe NLR should have a "Demo" setting and "user" setting in the app like Samsung TVs, but until then, at least have a simple place to "start with".
I keep lowering the overall slider all the way down to 0,3 and STILL think that for some things it's too strong. Trying to adjust each slider individually seems like a serious flaw in the default profiles.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Bought the rig, due to all the feedback on this thread. Amazing peace of hardware (coming from a DIY 2DOF with Sim tools)

Upvote 0
Try using the post processing tab for tweaks as outline by myself early in this thread. It helps take a lot of the exaggerated range of the platform away and leaves you with a more authentic feeling. You shouldn't need to reduce the overall output as much then, to make things feel better.

Upvote 0
Hi all.
I have recently bought this seat mover to go with VR and 90% of the time it’s awesome, but I do find that sometimes under heavy braking (in iRacing), it does nothing and then goes back to normal movement again once I have released the brake. Anybody else have this issue as it is really frustrating as you expect the seat to move forward but nothing happens, then the next lap it’s perfect.

Cheers

Brett

Upvote 0
If you are a light guy (~60kg), you could in theory build a compact rig on top of this thing, no? I mean, Seat + wheel stand + monitor. It should all stay under 130kg (way under. About 100kg total maybe).

Upvote 0
Hi all.
I have recently bought this seat mover to go with VR and 90% of the time it’s awesome, but I do find that sometimes under heavy braking (in iRacing), it does nothing and then goes back to normal movement again once I have released the brake. Anybody else have this issue as it is really frustrating as you expect the seat to move forward but nothing happens, then the next lap it’s perfect.

Cheers

Brett

I have this happen too. It's really irritating. I sent my logs to support and all they seemed to say was that my tactile (buttkicker) wasn't configured properly at the time... I don't think it's that.

I know earlier in this thread, or the other nlr thread, someone mentioned that having the seat mounted either too far forward or back caused issues. Maybe it's that?

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to resolve it?

Upvote 0
Regarding the V3 stopping and freezing then resuming movement a few seconds later, this happened to me as well. Quite annoying. I traced the problem to my USB ports. I switched the USB port the V3 was plugged into from my motherboard to a PCI USB card, and the problem disappeared. Our sims run lots of USB devices. I think sometimes these can get latency problems. I've found a PCI card-based USB a way to offload from the Moterhboard ports and have solved a number of similar problems with this technique.

Upvote 0
Regarding the V3 stopping and freezing then resuming movement a few seconds later, this happened to me as well. Quite annoying. I traced the problem to my USB ports. I switched the USB port the V3 was plugged into from my motherboard to a PCI USB card, and the problem disappeared. Our sims run lots of USB devices. I think sometimes these can get latency problems. I've found a PCI card-based USB a way to offload from the Moterhboard ports and have solved a number of similar problems with this technique.
Thanks!! I'll get one and give it a go.

Upvote 0
I've had USB issues with other hardware too, (pedals, OSW, etc) so yes definitely try different ports and put things like mouse, keyboard, printer etc that aren't super important and fussy on the ports that cause issues.

Upvote 0
Forgive a few gratuitous pics. A bit new here, thought I'd show how I mounted the V3 on the RSeat N1 rig. Recently switched from triple screens to 32:9 widescreen. Couldn't be happier. Key was the ability to put 32:9 screen very close to the wheel, something I couldn't do with triples. Race about half time in VR, half time on the 32:9.

That's a very nice looking setup. I love your pc! Very cool.

Upvote 0
Very nice. That screen looks awesome. I have to reattach my 35" and play some titles that don't have VR support soon. They've been forgotten for too long. DR2, AMS, Wreckfest and some WRC as well.

Be sure to check out the settings early in the thread if you're new to the V3 as well.

Upvote 0
For whoever is enjoying ACC as much as I do (even in VR!) NLR has finally released version 2.87 that works with the telemetry as it is supposed to be. I tried today and it's a huge improvement, very close to rF2. Would share specific settings next week and would love to try yours.

At this point I am sticking with V3, a compact hassle free solution that delivers very well in VR.

Big thanks to Matthew at NLR for being so patient with me. They nailed it once again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All of a sudden starting to get this error upon startup on the software. Error is for F1 2018/2019. Any ideas?

F1 2017 - http://prntscr.com/o71a61

F1 2018 - http://prntscr.com/o71b09
A couple of weeks ago I had the same issue. Then I sent Matthew from NLR a message and within an hour I had a reply with a (beta) version of the software which solved it.

It also has to do with other programms that uses the same port 20777

Send Matthew a mail and hopefully it is also solved for you soonish

Upvote 0
A couple of weeks ago I had the same issue. Then I sent Matthew from NLR a message and within an hour I had a reply with a (beta) version of the software which solved it.

It also has to do with other programms that uses the same port 20777

Send Matthew a mail and hopefully it is also solved for you soonish
Yup, it's SimHub listening on 20777. I didn't actually think you could adjust the listening port on the NLR software, but I changed it to 20778 and we're all good.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play