Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

These are my sliders in rF2. Different from yours? Seems less sliders on my side?(and don't pay attention to the values. I was just playing around with them). I'm running version 2.89.0.0

rf2 sliders.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FWIW, I am loving this thread and have very much enjoyed the NLRv3 setups for so many sims including AC, rF2. ACC. etc... I wonder if someone has similar setups for Forza 7 and/or Forza Horizons?

Upvote 0
dr-motion-settings-jpg.236526

Looking at the settings, am I correct to understand that with motion you cannot feel a suspension travel when one wheel is over a curb or hits a bump. Tactile will be used for that. Motion reproduce whole car movement as described in that picture menu, not independent wheel travel.

Upvote 0
The overall effect is very good especially in Rally games where you are tossed around. It would take a lot of travel in a 4 corner actuator system to compare to the angle generated with a seat mover when you land after going airborne.

What I feel from the transducers are bumps, road texture, gear shifts, and engine rpm and some skidding.

What I feel from the NLRv3 are bumps, acceleration, deceleration, cornering, gear shift surge, and an effect for traction loss.

There is overlap between the transducer under my seat and the motion system. For example, the transducer can give me a thunk as the gear changes and the NLRv3 reinforces that with a quick jerk of deceleration followed by acceleration if I'm upshifting. Meanwhile the engine rpm from the transducers are felt in the stick shift and pedals. On my rig some of the tactile bumps and rpm also make it to the wheel which feels very good.

The transducer in the seat has an effect for traction loss / wheel slipping which is a but of a skidding feel, and the NLRv3 does something like a quick side to side shimmy.

The front wheels get the transducer skidding but as I said I can't differentiate left vs right.

I will say that having transducers by the pedals makes is big deal in selling immersion with the seat mover, and feeling the rpm reving as I grab the stick helps too.

I think both the motion and tactile sell the immersion. And surprisingly with the seat mover in VR I never notice the seat moving separately from the pedals. However I did dial back the amount it tilts forward under braking.

You can have too much of any particular effect and the key is to get enough motion to match what is going on but just enough. A little goes a long way.

If your pedals are positioned properly, or approximately top of the pedals where your butt rests and comfortably out in front of you, it just works.

If your legs are in too close and your pedals too low than the seat movement will be more noticeable. I found that out with my flight pedals. I would also say that rudder pedals are less convincing with seat motion.

I have my throttle and stick moving with my seat and in DCS World the motion works OK, but the fact is that a plane is MUCH harder to simulate than a car. It works OK for helicopters which have a restricted range of motion, but for flying a fighter and doing barrel rolls and high gee dives and climbs it falls flat. In fact I would say that flight is nearly impossible to capture properly without a fully gimbaled cockpit.

Upvote 0
For some unknown reason since the VR update for dRally 2.0 the V3 motion is no longer working in that game, even with VR off and back to flatscreen (rename SteamVR dir) ... anyone else experience this ?

Upvote 0
For some unknown reason since the VR update for dRally 2.0 the V3 motion is no longer working in that game, even with VR off and back to flatscreen (rename SteamVR dir) ... anyone else experience this ?

I didn't install Dirt Rally 2.0 until it got VR support and it is working for me.
However the only reliable place for me to launch Dirt Rally 2.0 is from the SteamVR room. I click on Dirt Rally 2.0 then click launch and it runs. I am using a controller to click with.

Launched that way, NLRv3 and SimHub recognize Dirt Rally 2.0 is running so I'm getting motion and tactile.

I always run SimHub first and let it automatically adjust the Dirt Rally setup files, then I run NLRv3 and let it connect. As long as I do it in that order everything works from that point on. However if I run SimHub and ask it to update the files, it breaks the NLRv3 link.

Upvote 0
Thanks I got it fixed, was an error in the config file. cheers for the info. :thumbsup:

I find I have to turn up the V3 settings much higher than in original Dirt Rally, is same for you ?

Upvote 0
Anyone else facing start up issues with DirtRally 2.0 when Motion platform is active? This occured after the recent platform update to 2.91. No pending actions open or required in the dashboard.
I have to close the NLRv3 software before DR2.0 will start.
Otherwise I get an error message like below:

Access violation at address 0xf7efa530 in module 'MotionSystems_SVRMC64.dll' + 0xa530.
MotionSystems_SVRMC64.dll

Can I fix this myself or better ask Matthew? Thx for the support

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back