Next Level Motion V3 settings thread (highly requested...?)

OK Next Level motion users, here it is: my tuned settings that I feel give the best feeling of what a car should represent while racing. Taken a while to get this up and running, with barely free time to actually sim race as it is. Hopefully you will get some value out of this and it further increases your enjoyment of an already pretty good product out of the box.

I have listed a few different profiles, use the Assetto Corsa one for all the big sim racing titles (of course utilizing the Formula & non Formula profiles for open wheel vs GT style cars) and use the Dirt Rally template for that title as well as any other rally title that takes advantage of motion. Don't forget to change both the 'motion' AND 'motion post processing' tabs for full effects.

Obviously these are my personal preferences and they may not suit everyone, but give them a try and have a play with them yourself to alter it as you see fit. Post any feelings/comments you have back here and maybe together we can further tune these settings for even better results.

Dirt Rally post process.png Dirt Rally settings.png Formula post process.png Formula settings.png NON formula post process.png NON formula settings.png

Just found this thread!
My SL P1 arrives tomorrow so apologies in advance for the constant stream of questions I'll be spamming you all with once it's built and the NLV3 has been dropped in and powered up.
:p

Upvote 0
Been having a tinker and was pretty happy with these settings in the 911 RSR at Tiago Lima's De La Sarthe in Assetto Corsa (download here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-la-sarthe-24-hours-of-lemans.2482/).

U0aaIGN.jpg

XYjIYy2.jpg

On paper these look to be quite restrained parameters compared to some others listed in this thread, so please have a test of them with this car/track combo and tell me what you think. I tried your non-Formula settings again @AntoN_CheZ and am still finding them too strong, but maybe my tolerance will increase over time and I'll find myself wanting stronger and stronger effects. I was starting to think I've got some supercharged unit because all the talk has been about 'less is more', but with your settings in the first post I felt like I was getting quite violently shaken around. It'll be interesting if you think my settings above feel weak because I'm still getting buffeted on certain parts of the track (eg the first right hander immediately after the start). Anyway, let me know what you think. Car and track choice obviously both affect the output of course, especially mods - some tracks are smooth like glass, and some cars have super-absorbent suspension. This particular combo feels good to me.

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing @Mascot --> I copied your settings 1:1 and also used the Porsche at LeMans. For me personally it was too light. Don't know if that is because of another rig. NLR GT Ultimate and your P1.

Then increased the general intensity from 0,5 to 1,0 and that a bit too much. 0,9 was spot on (for me).

Will use these settings and try with some other cars on different tracks

Upvote 0
I will be able to confirm this once mine gets here. As a user of the GT Ultimate V2 cockpit (where my settings were born) moving to an 80 20 chassis, I will have perfect data to compare between the two. Personally, I tend to leave the Intensity settings pretty well alone and just adjust the actual platform movements. I think the first page takes the data from the sim and translates a percentage (what you set) of the telemetry and turns that into motion. The second page basically manipulates the available data to your liking.

My personal tip also is to make sure when you are testing to find something that you feel is natural, use a recently released car that you feel you may drive often (so that you're familiar with it) and an official, laser scanned track. No mods. Because with laser scan you are getting an accurate representation of proper race tarmac. With mods, you never know what you're getting and with a comparatively small motion community compared to an overall mod using community, a lot of what goes into the tarmac won't even be noticed or felt.

Not to say your settings are wrong, but I would be getting my baseline from official content, not necessarily laser scanned, but official. I know that on some rFactor tracks I can't even use motion because I feel I am going to be launched from the seat. Modded content.

Upvote 0
I will be able to confirm this once mine gets here. As a user of the GT Ultimate V2 cockpit (where my settings were born) moving to an 80 20 chassis, I will have perfect data to compare between the two. Personally, I tend to leave the Intensity settings pretty well alone and just adjust the actual platform movements. I think the first page takes the data from the sim and translates a percentage (what you set) of the telemetry and turns that into motion. The second page basically manipulates the available data to your liking.

My personal tip also is to make sure when you are testing to find something that you feel is natural, use a recently released car that you feel you may drive often (so that you're familiar with it) and an official, laser scanned track. No mods. Because with laser scan you are getting an accurate representation of proper race tarmac. With mods, you never know what you're getting and with a comparatively small motion community compared to an overall mod using community, a lot of what goes into the tarmac won't even be noticed or felt.

Not to say your settings are wrong, but I would be getting my baseline from official content, not necessarily laser scanned, but official. I know that on some rFactor tracks I can't even use motion because I feel I am going to be launched from the seat. Modded content.
Good point about the track choice mate. I wasn't racing at La Sarthe with the express intention of tuning my settings, it was just a combo I loved and was keen to try with motion. When we compare settings we should perhaps all decide on the same car and track to try to eliminate track mesh and car physics influences.

Once your GT1 is built I think you might be pleasantly surprised about the increase in fidelity and strength from the NLV3. It stands to reason that a lot more of the tactility will be transmitted through your seat if the cockpit isn't absorbing those forces and moving in the opposite direction. I reckon you'll be dialling your settings down from what you've been used to, and this should not only feel a lot better but should also reduce your electricity bills and reduce wear and tear on the NLV3..! :p

I was thinking yesterday how cool it would be if Next Level (or a bedroom dev)) could produce a companion app a bit like FFB Clip, where the forces on different track meshes are monitored and automatically tweaked within pre-set parameters. Maybe someone is already working on one.

On those rFactor tracks that are too vicious for motion, can't you just create a quick NLV3 profile for those tracks with the 'overall intensity' dialled down so they feel good? I've got a lot of tracks in AC and would hate to have to turn motion off on some of them. Like VR, I already can't imagine going back to non-motion racing. The line has been drawn in the sand, lol.

When is your GT1 arriving mate? Can't wait to hear about the build (including your NLV3 mounting solution) and your final impressions when complete, as well as your thoughts about how your current NLV3 settings feel on a rock-solid platform.

Upvote 0
@Mascot Hey bro, it should hopefully be here early in the week. The last update had it listed as a Tuesday delivery, but it may surprise me and come tomorrow (Monday) or it could be pushed back due to customs, or whatever else may get in the way. I've never had to pay import duties on anything before and am unsure how the process works, and if it affects the scheduled delivery. Everything is up in the air now, as since I have ordered the direct drive, I am in the process of putting together a pedal and handbrake package from HE. I basically will have upgraded my entire kit since ordering the GT1, which was NOT my intention. But, as many here could attest to, that's what happens when you change one thing (a big thing too, being the chassis). You find ways to justify other upgrades. So even though the chassis may come, I'll still be waiting now on other things to arrive, and depending when my current things sell (I am getting them ready to list) I may be without a completed cockpit for yet another week or so. At least I will have time to get all the mounting right, and the Buttkicker tuning dialed in, even if I haven't got pedals or even a wheel. I can just use the game pad for testing purposes. Fun times!

I didn't really mean that I couldn't physically use motion for rFactor (or other modded content), I meant that I couldn't fire up my existing profiles as I normally would and just drive. Heave plays a massive part in tuning out the bumps, so modifying that setting for modded content should suffice in making it bearable to drive with motion. I am looking forward to seeing how all the forces and feelings transmit into the new chassis. I believe you when you say you need to dial things down. I can imagine that the P1 would give maximum value for the V3. An unintended upgrade, you might say. That smoothing or clipping idea is quite clever. You could enable it just with a checkbox for whenever you decide to race modded tracks for when the mesh might be a little to savage. Saves you testing for hours making sure each track is dialed in with your 'mod profile'. You never know when a particular bump in a certain situation will cause you all sorts of trouble.

Off now to put together another package for myself and hope it doesn't break the bank too much! I will update my marketplace thread with the new items and see how we go!

Upvote 0
Been having a tinker and was pretty happy with these settings in the 911 RSR at Tiago Lima's De La Sarthe in Assetto Corsa (download here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/circuit-de-la-sarthe-24-hours-of-lemans.2482/).

U0aaIGN.jpg

XYjIYy2.jpg

On paper these look to be quite restrained parameters compared to some others listed in this thread, so please have a test of them with this car/track combo and tell me what you think. I tried your non-Formula settings again @AntoN_CheZ and am still finding them too strong, but maybe my tolerance will increase over time and I'll find myself wanting stronger and stronger effects. I was starting to think I've got some supercharged unit because all the talk has been about 'less is more', but with your settings in the first post I felt like I was getting quite violently shaken around. It'll be interesting if you think my settings above feel weak because I'm still getting buffeted on certain parts of the track (eg the first right hander immediately after the start). Anyway, let me know what you think. Car and track choice obviously both affect the output of course, especially mods - some tracks are smooth like glass, and some cars have super-absorbent suspension. This particular combo feels good to me.
These settings feel pretty damn good to me. I might even dial them down just a little. Amazing how much more you feel as a result of the stiffness of the new rig.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. Currently in a rF2 GP3 league and I'm having to turn everything WAY down to get even near my previous lap times. Anyone have any good rF2 settings? Also, for any VR users, how are you setting the sliders? Thanks

Upvote 0
Just reduce overall slider until you are comfortable with it. Then if you feel something is a little lacking tune that setting up a little. Make sure Gain is at 1.00 otherwise you are increasing intensity of everything needlessly. The other sliders are what the software takes from telemetry. Ideally you want to leave these at 1.00 until you can't turn anything else down. Then start lowering that one.

Upvote 0
Just reduce overall slider until you are comfortable with it. Then if you feel something is a little lacking tune that setting up a little. Make sure Gain is at 1.00 otherwise you are increasing intensity of everything needlessly. The other sliders are what the software takes from telemetry. Ideally you want to leave these at 1.00 until you can't turn anything else down. Then start lowering that one.
Thanks mate, have been trying your formula set up turned down a bit - feels good so far. @Mascot your settings were pretty decent too - nice one. Having watched a few video reviews before buying I thought the seat gave gear change motion? I swear it was in the review by Project Immersion? I'm also using a Gametrix Jetseat with the simshaker wheels software which give some nice tactile feedback but it would be great to feel the judder of a gear change in the V3. How are you guys achieving this effect?

Upvote 0
It comes from telemetry. It's not a dedicated gear change effect. The force through the drivetrain of the slight cut in ignition followed by the engagement of the gear and further propulsion is what you feel. Depending on the way you have the sliders set you may be filtering it out as it's not a massive force especially in cars where it's all computer controlled and you just paddle shift up while flat sticking the throttle. I absolutely felt it even in a modest GT3 car during laps around Imola in AC. With my non open wheeler profile as shown in the thread. Lambo Hurracan GT3.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I've spent some time with the V3 now on the GT1 chassis and have made some adjustments to my settings. Try these. Motion sliders are still all at 1.00 except Heave which I leave at 0.75.

settings.png

I've adjusted the Pitch throw as it was a little too much travel for me. Increased the gain a little to compensate for the lower movement. I've also adjusted some of the Roll sliders but not much. I don't find these settings too harsh at all. I do feel that the motion translates better with the more rigid rig but I am totally comfortable with these settings in GT3 style cars and touring cars. For LMP1 and similar cars, I leave the post process and just move the Overall slider in motion tab to 0.80. You can then play with this one slider to counter some of the higher forces generated by the telemetry and the style of car. It works pretty well. All the sliders stay in relation with each other and it's an easy fix to simply configure each car to your liking.

Let me know your thoughts.

Upvote 0
hey Anton thanks for the tuning advice, I have been trying to get RaceRoom working after a long time away but the FFB on my Accuforce is totallly borked in RaceRoom so something has changed, anyway that is another story. But you mentioned you had some V3 tunes for RaceRoom though I cannot find them in this thread so did you take them down ? I always found I had to turn things up a bit higher for RaceRoom but I also see you have the wheel slip effect turned off, is there a reason you don't use that ?

On another note Next Level are releasing a new Cockpit in the coming months called the GT Track and Shaun from Simpit does a First Look for anyone interested. www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ORK6cdyThc&t=263s

I have the GT Ultimate and had some supports welded onto mine for extra strength which has overcome some of the flexing spoken of in this thread however I am looking forward to trying out the GT Track next month as the Next Level guys are not far from me on the Gold Coast.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back