New to PC Racing Sim World

Hello guys.
Some of you might recognize me from the Forza forums here, maybe not. A strange set of circumstances (involving my Fanatec wheel, my iMac, my homemade racing rig and other events) has led me to PC racing. rFactor, LFS and more over the Race series. I have to say I'm having the time of my life with this. Right now I'm using my practically brand new G27 wheel ,that's been boxed away for well over a year, with my Clubsport pedals connected to my new , more powerful iMac running Windows 7 with an office chair literally tied to a desk (need the stability no matter how I can get it) and I have to say it's great.

I probably won't have this setup for long and my PC experience may be fleeting as I know the wife at some point is going to go from "understanding, loving, supportive and amused" to ... well we all know what that will be. So while it lasts I'm going to enjoy myself and wouldn't mind getting in a few races with you guys. Although from running a series here before I know our time differences are usually problematic.

Questions I have for you guys are you all really using all the features in this game? Like on the fly brake bias and stuff like that? I feel you all will smoke me so bad if you are because I know NONE of that. I'm strictly a console sim racer. Well if you all need someone to lap a few times in some races just give me a shout. I'll be glad to play the traffic role for you guys, possibly 2 or 3 times each :(

Hey T.O check the guys out on www.world-racers.com they are a nice bunch of guys and they play race 07 amongst many other racing games. The best thing is they are on your side of the pond :) if you join up say a "hi" from redscab.
Ok, will do. The more action to be found the better.

What I would like to do , one day, is what I did here a few months ago in the Forza forums at this stie, A WAR!!! It went very well except the attendance dropped , as usual but those who finished really enjoyed it. Problem is one or two guys seemed to take it as if it was real life and we were going to annex their homes or something. lol. Don't know why dudes can't get the concept of IT'S A GAME!!!!

ATTENTION ATTENTION: FOLLOWING VID IS NOT A PROMOTION OF ANY SITE BUT A PROMOTION OF AN IDEA. MAKING THIS VERY CLEAR, PROMOTING THE IDEA

We were meeting at 11 AM EST but I gotta admit it was rough for the guys over here to meet that time as you can imagine what the Friday night must have entailed. But it would be real cool to do something like this in Race 07. Point system already setup so I wouldn't have to mess with that.

I'll add you once I'm home from vacation. I'm a EU player though so our gaming hours will prob differ a lot, I play quite late often so if you get on early there's a chance we could race together.
Sounds great. Will look for it.

t.o, i added you to steam, my name on there is "Mer" just so ya know.
I got it. Didn't know who it was but figured it had to be from here. lol

I'd likely be in for this. Maybe one race a week on the weekend, which could be any combo of car and track (each one different), and if we can create two teams, could work to help each other with setups and tactics.

My only concern is the lack of players in 07. But if you can drum up a good field, it will be a lot of fun for sure.

Thought I'd bump this thread.
What about Tuesdays & Wednesdays or other weekdays daytime, there seems to be a reasonable amount of people about. Possible to pick up some impromptu races for slowcoaches like me. Does RD have anything going on in these sections during the weekdays?? Does it mean we can access teamspeak? Maybe a mod or Bram could tell us if this is allowed.
May make it easier for online newbies to fit in, absolutely no pressure just clean driving/racing.

Thought I'd bump this thread.
What about Tuesdays & Wednesdays or other weekdays daytime, there seems to be a reasonable amount of people about. Possible to pick up some impromptu races for slowcoaches like me. Does RD have anything going on in these sections during the weekdays?? Does it mean we can access teamspeak? Maybe a mod or Bram could tell us if this is allowed.
May make it easier for online newbies to fit in, absolutely no pressure just clean driving/racing.
I support you in this idea

I haven't forgotten you guys, I know it's been a while.

That sounds like a winning idea J Swan. I'm actually thinking of setting up an old Pentium to do the job.

Meanwhile guys I'll be running some, look at the pretty picture ;)

7787080514_5d9b91af45_b.jpg

The winner gets picture of me all greased up in a bikini (If you cross the finish line first you have some SERIOUS problems, or maybe...)
NO PICS , NO PICS. The winner gets the pride of winning, THAT'S ALL!

We could have a Race 07 casuals club. This could be done through Steam maybe. Bit it would be better to run under the auspices of RD if that's possible. My son sets up a server regularly on my pc so I know that works. Really need Bram or a mod to steer us in the right direction.(pun intended;))

I take it you meaning to make a Steam Group for races, something along the line of GrumpyOldGamers and the like?
I'll have a look on Steam later this afternoon and see about how to set up an group, and maybe get a casual group going, maybe folks can use it as a stepping stone to becoming full RD members!

I take it you meaning to make a Steam Group for races, something along the line of GrumpyOldGamers and the like?
I'll have a look on Steam later this afternoon and see about how to set up an group, and maybe get a casual group going, maybe folks can use it as a stepping stone to becoming full RD members!
Please not a public lobby though! So many races spoilt by mindless idiots.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back