New to PC Racing Sim World

Hello guys.
Some of you might recognize me from the Forza forums here, maybe not. A strange set of circumstances (involving my Fanatec wheel, my iMac, my homemade racing rig and other events) has led me to PC racing. rFactor, LFS and more over the Race series. I have to say I'm having the time of my life with this. Right now I'm using my practically brand new G27 wheel ,that's been boxed away for well over a year, with my Clubsport pedals connected to my new , more powerful iMac running Windows 7 with an office chair literally tied to a desk (need the stability no matter how I can get it) and I have to say it's great.

I probably won't have this setup for long and my PC experience may be fleeting as I know the wife at some point is going to go from "understanding, loving, supportive and amused" to ... well we all know what that will be. So while it lasts I'm going to enjoy myself and wouldn't mind getting in a few races with you guys. Although from running a series here before I know our time differences are usually problematic.

Questions I have for you guys are you all really using all the features in this game? Like on the fly brake bias and stuff like that? I feel you all will smoke me so bad if you are because I know NONE of that. I'm strictly a console sim racer. Well if you all need someone to lap a few times in some races just give me a shout. I'll be glad to play the traffic role for you guys, possibly 2 or 3 times each :(

I take it you meaning to make a Steam Group for races, something along the line of GrumpyOldGamers and the like?
I'll have a look on Steam later this afternoon and see about how to set up an group, and maybe get a casual group going, maybe folks can use it as a stepping stone to becoming full RD members!
My wife says grumpy old gamers sounds just like me.:D

this sounds lke a great idea, password protected and a good place for new onliners like me to learn abit without wrecking serious racers races.
A good summation of it. Somewhere with short 5 lap races & some 8 laps to practice the pitstops. Keeping it short so no one has to wait to long to race or run practice laps.
Maybe the occasional appearance of a more experienced racer to help would be good.
But most important, no pressure and to have FUN:thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh:

Hey Dennis nice of you to come out man and race with us. You DO know we're sendng you our dry cleaning bills from all the dust you left on our faces, clothes and cars.

I see that you set up your server at 8pm Eastern, that is 5pm Pacific for me so I will jump in with you guys one day.

I usually don't start dinner for my gf and child till @ 6:30ish so as long as im not doing anything else, im in.

Edit: Also i'm not sure where you guys are at with add on mods and tracks but if you guys are interested in trying mods that were available here ( lot of the links are down for now ) I can help by passing them over to you guys to try. I have about 80% of the mods that were from here.

Any cool mods would be appreciated. Right now a few of us have the V8 Supercars and DTM mods for Race 07. At least most guys do. You're most welcomed to join in the action. Tonight was pretty fun. At the moment we're using Skype because it's easy, it's free and it's VERY clear. But it's not required to have it to race but it's good to have to clear up confusion. For instance one of the guys racing thought Dennis was the AI so he was pushing him pretty hard, nothing dirty but giving him the business until I told him "No that's a real person". That was pretty funny.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back